On 9/11/2019 at 2:46 PM, Chronocidal said:

Unless I missed some detail, I think the arm gattling guns should be able to mount on any available hardpoint, provided the folding armor panels don't get in the way.

... Suddenly, I want to see a VF-171 or YF-19 with 6 of them mounted. :lol: 

I only have four but I’ll give it a whirl.

Man, I’ve been out of this for a while and ordered an armored pack on a whim after seeing wotafa’s review and digging it - came in today, then realized I only have a VF-31J (all my stuff is in storage as I lived overseas for the past year). D’oh.

Decided to order a VF-31E for the parts after seeing the Cantonese video instead of paying crazy prices for an S, and I will just hope for an S reissue someday, I guess.

1 hour ago, Saburo said:

I titled this photo Overkill.

48729603356_12b140388f_h.jpg

Why does this remind me of a bodybuilding pose down? Lou Ferrigno vs Flavio Bacciani. Nice shot of the bulky boiz Saburo. @Rogueloadyour Chuck supers came out looking sweet!

https://youtu.be/E_yGHOmfQco?t=59

Edited by wmkjr

45 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Money shot!

Nice. Customs?

Only the 31e Supers. Bandai has not officially made one for Chucky.  

Just now, wmkjr said:

Why does this remind me of a bodybuilding pose down?

Don't blame you there... Almost uncanny resemblance without the arm curls flexing the Armours that are put on. 

Cue up the Right Said Fred video: "I'm Too Sexy" if doing the catwalk strut on the fashion runway.. :lol:

2 hours ago, borgified said:

Arad's 31s is up for grabs at Amiami for 39,180 (item A, Box B)

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-037574-R

I wanted to check how good of a deal that was before I purchased, so I checked a couple other sites. That's a pretty good deal. Then I ran across one MISB for $289.36 to my door.......on eBay of all places. Score!:yahoo:

27 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I wanted to check how good of a deal that was before I purchased, so I checked a couple other sites. That's a pretty good deal. Then I ran across one MISB for $289.36 to my door.......on eBay of all places. Score!:yahoo:

Does the seller have decent rating. I purchased an Arad from Ebay a few months back for a reasonable price. But, inevitably I had to file a claim. (which was returned) after the item never showed and the seller stopped responding to messages.

I have been very limited in Ebay since then. I know they do have decent sellers, but I want to ensure others on MW arent being taken advantage of and offer a word of warning. 

Dont let your love of Macross ( as mine did) cloud your reason. I'm not saying this @sqiddto discourage you. Just make sure as best you can that the seller is on the up and up.

1 hour ago, Alphahorizon said:

Does the seller have decent rating. I purchased an Arad from Ebay a few months back for a reasonable price. But, inevitably I had to file a claim. (which was returned) after the item never showed and the seller stopped responding to messages.

I have been very limited in Ebay since then. I know they do have decent sellers, but I want to ensure others on MW arent being taken advantage of and offer a word of warning. 

Dont let your love of Macross ( as mine did) cloud your reason. I'm not saying this @sqiddto discourage you. Just make sure as best you can that the seller is on the up and up.

Appreciate the heads up.

He  is at 99.6% with 256 feedbacks (I'm not sure how to say that). But, there was a mistake in the listing. The verbiage is for a 31S but the pictures (stock Bandai ad stuff) is of a 31F. I don't actually care what it is, either is fine with me. I would prefer the 31S though. If it shows up a 31F I will be contacting him for a partial refund though. There are some new 31F's going for slightly less money. 

At the end of the day it's through eBay/PayPal. I'm not concerned about getting screwed. They always side with the buyer.

I just completed the studio photoshoot of the VF-31S Armored Siegfried, and everything went fairly wall except for Gerwelk mode.  I will always take photos without use of stands. The Armored Gerwalk mode is a pain, it was frustrating to work with without the stand  I was able to get a couple of shots but it just didn't want to cooperate so I moved on to Battroid mode.

Here's a preview of studio set.  Enjoy!

VF31S_ARMRD_S_204.thumb.png.94e2d2e825d3447ee55aa0c3f4dd88b5.png

Edited by Saburo

29 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Well, fortunately Gerwalk is probably the least good looking of the modes, to go along with what a PITA it is to pose.

I'm guessing lots of issues with the intake and thigh armors popping off and interfering?

Intake armor kept popping off, the most frustrating part was the intake/hip tabs that plug into the fuselage would pop out from weight that was place on the rear due to the Dual Cannnons and Boosters and the valk would just crumble under its own weight. Also the leg swivel to give the Gerwalk the A Stance doesn't hold well, it good that my studio setup has friction to keep the feet from doing the splits. 

Normally I am up for the challenge of photographing toys even through they are frustrating to work with, but this time I will not be doing a hanger shot in Gerwalk mode because that will be a massive PITA.  :(

Edited by Saburo

9 minutes ago, Saburo said:

Intake armor kept popping off, the most frustrating part was the intake/hip tabs that plug into the fuselage would pop out from weight that was place on the rear due to the Dual Cannnons and Boosters and the valk would just crumble under its own weight. Also the leg swivel to give the Gerwalk the A Stance doesn't hold well, it good that my studio setup has friction to keep the feet from doing the splits. 

Normally I am up for the challenge of photographing toys even through they are frustrating to work with, but this time I will not be doing a hanger shot in Gerwalk mode because that will be a massive PITA.  :(

Maybe some bluetac under the feet will help you get a hangar shot?

6 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I disagree.

Yeah, I’m thinking Gerwalk may be my preferred mode for long term display. Partially because it is rare to have an armored Valk that can transform with armor on. 

26 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

If the weight of the cannons is an issue, you can use a Tamashii stand to support it via that second hole in the pod, a bit less visible than the monstrosity that came with the armor parts.

Its a bunch of factors that contribute to the figure not cooperating, its alright I was able to get a nice shot before all the mayhem began. :D

20 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Maybe some bluetac under the feet will help you get a hangar shot?

Yeah, I’m thinking Gerwalk may be my preferred mode for long term display. Partially because it is rare to have an armored Valk that can transform with armor on. 

I was thinking of giving bluetac a try to see if it can hold enough to keep it from doing the splits, its the other parts that will prove to be challenging.  I'll think about out. :good:

23 minutes ago, Saburo said:

Its a bunch of factors that contribute to the figure not cooperating, its alright I was able to get a nice shot before all the mayhem began. :D

I was thinking of giving bluetac a try to see if it can hold enough to keep it from doing the splits, its the other parts that will prove to be challenging.  I'll think about out. :good:

We need to see your pics!:D

I helped my friend armor up and pose his 31 in the armor parts, in gerwalk, on the stand.

It's pretty bad, the leg articulation is severely limited by the interference of the armor parts, even with the sliding feature. Not to mention that because of how fat the leg are, and the limited amount they can splay, you actually can't even use the second attachment point for the support arms, which is the only one that will reach the cannon pod.