Wow, those knees did not last.  I had the VF-31E standing up in Gerwalk totally fine.  I tried to rearrange my shelf and those rotation points at the knees have had it.  On the stand it goes...

Also, even if you aren't putting it on the stand I recommend putting the Gerwalk brace on.  It helps prop up the wing roots and gives you a handy area to pick it up and move it around without disturbing the armor.

Arrived from NY and without extra shipping costs too.  Its big and cool, don't have time to play with it till after my business trip in 3wks. 

It's pretty big, but I noticed they only paid 2100Y for EMS - so I don't know why the other place is asking for more shipping.

Question....

i popped the sliding cover for the multi drones off of the right leg of my VF-31F movie version. I cannot get the cover piece to reconnect with the little grey block that attaches it to the leg. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Twich

I received mine certainly don't look good in fighter mode but battroid is amazing gives a impressive look with all missiles bay open and surprising is less heavy what seems like (compared with the 25 armor)

you really doesn't need the support parts It's enough with the little clip that attach in the back 

IMG_2858.jpeg

IMG_2874.jpeg

IMG_2872.jpeg

IMG_2871.jpeg

IMG_2870.jpeg

IMG_2864.jpeg

IMG_2863.jpeg

IMG_2862.jpeg

IMG_2861.jpeg

IMG_2857.jpeg

IMG_2856.jpeg

IMG_2854.jpeg

IMG_2853.jpeg

IMG_2855.jpeg

IMG_2848.jpeg

13 hours ago, valhary said:

I received mine certainly don't look good in fighter mode but battroid is amazing gives a impressive look with all missiles bay open and surprising is less heavy what seems like (compared with the 25 armor)

you really doesn't need the support parts It's enough with the little clip that attach in the back.

IMG_2853.jpeg

Bro, somehow you're right.

After watching the Anymoon.com YouTube review on this supporting clip attaching on this back, I think we should cover with clear plastic sheet before we plugin on it. What do you think? ;)

Honestly the "support" clip on mine doesn't do a damn thing in battroid mode. It just falls right off if there's any weight put on it. The stand, and the clear support attached to the strike pod, work much better.

Also, I find the thing looks best in battroid, and worst in Gerwalk. Fighter is passable, though looks better without the cannon pod.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

I'm honestly not all that interested in the whole set, I just like the idea of mixing and matching certain bits with the other super parts. ^_^  

The big question.. did they repeat the derp-up with the arm shields not rotating, or do those giant arm cannons actually rotate for fighter mode without having to detach?  It looks like they do, but hard to tell with everything going on around them.

They rotate.... but everything is so unwieldy you'll want to pop some stuff off and put it on later rather than trying to go through the steps with it connected. The arm cannons are a great example of something you could leave on... but it's not worth the effort.  Other parts you need to take off.

Wasn't the 'derp-uo' with the arm shields all a misunderstanding with how they were supposed to work or errors with some of the art? I thought it was decided that the toy is actually correct in the implementation.

The problem with the toy is that, in the show, the missiles mount directly to the arm shields via a pair of pylons, and the entire shield rotates during transformation to keep the missiles facing forward.  I've freeze-framed the transformations during the episodes with the super parts and missiles mounted, and it looks like the whole shield spins around.

Bandai just didn't think far enough ahead with the shield designs, and mounted them on the standard missile hardpoint, maybe before they even made plans to mount missiles to them.  Consequently, the missile mounts are a clip that snaps around the shield, rather than pylons that snap into it (I think the pylon mounting points are even visible on the actual shield).  I forget if the clip lets the missiles spin independently of the shield, but it looks absolutely nothing like how the missiles mounted in the series.

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm honestly not all that interested in the whole set, I just like the idea of mixing and matching certain bits with the other super parts. ^_^  

I did a quick bash with the Silpheed Armour and Supers on Mirage's 31c some pages back in the thread (in valk mode), if you had managed to see it.

Not the best as it looks like overkill and over kibble-ified.   

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Yes, the missiles rotate on the pylon, and I thought it was decided that that was how it should work, that the armors were never intended to rotate and any instance where that happens is an error.

I mean, it's great they decided to call it an error, but it's literally exactly what happened in every visible instance of the reaction missiles mounted on the shields in the series.  The missiles in the show were mounted on individual rails, bolted directly to the arm shield, which visibly spun 180 degrees for battroid mode so the missiles faced forward.

If they're going to categorically call it a mistake, I'd love to see what they actually intended to happen there.

Not that it matters to the toys either way really, since they won't change it, but I'm still interested in making a pivoting shield with integrated pylons that don't look like someone mounted reaction weapons with a glorified binder clip. :p 

Edited by Chronocidal

19 minutes ago, VF22fan said:

So... Ya!... We're expecting unique full armour dedicated for VF-31A Kairos special edition. :spiteful::spiteful::spiteful:

Lol...

yup, as soon as we get the kairos super parts. :D

cmon bandai! :5:

Bandai shot themselves in the foot by not including add-on parts in valk releases that they have to find slots to release them...

I did pick up two sets, thinking I'd play it safe in case we didn't get Chuck's set.. but I might just go for broke and repaint one in something a little less eye-searing. 

Also, it's not like you can't just mount the normal VF-31 canards on the Kairos.  Would be simple to just swap in someone else's canards on the 31A, because it's not like any of the canard is visible to begin with.  Might even be able to just cut a set of correctly sized ones from scrap plastic, and swap them in.

In fact, I think I'd rather make dedicated armor "canards" to mount the armor to in the first place, without the canard hinge.  That entire setup is just asking to scrape the paint off the canards.