31 minutes ago, brouken said:

So many great pics of the armored pack!

I find it amusing though that many keep the cannon covers closed. Is that deliberate?

Don't need it when you've got death blossom!

tumblr_pgi5t5KqYu1s5sodbo6_400.gif

4 hours ago, brouken said:

So many great pics of the armored pack!

I find it amusing though that many keep the cannon covers closed. Is that deliberate?

They don't like to stay open in my experience. You can fight to have them remain just open enough to not obstruct the barrel, or just give up and close them

Ah, okay. Thanks for the explanation Sanity! I take it that there is no locking mechanism to keep the covers open other than friction?

I would check this out myself but my Armored Packs are still in transit. Hehe!

Got mine friday and spent a good hour and half getting the armour on. At least it still fit in the display case.

Those display arms are needed. Also the wing thrusters seemed to be held via gravity in battliod mode. Not sure if that is correct.

20190830_213227-1396x1861.jpg.a1f8bcc0cdd853157007875905cf03ac.jpg

6 minutes ago, Focslain said:

Got mine friday and spent a good hour and half getting the armour on. At least it still fit in the display case.

Those display arms are needed. Also the wing thrusters seemed to be held via gravity in battliod mode. Not sure if that is correct.

20190830_213227-1396x1861.jpg.a1f8bcc0cdd853157007875905cf03ac.jpg

You Made the same mistake I did with the stand and it's just sitting loosely and unsecurely to the stand. That bracket actually connects to the rear waist area and is very secure. The VF-31 will also stand much lower on the stand that it is now.

I'm glad that @Focslain did it on Mirage! Guess that I wasn't the only one who had that idea. 

If Bandai was to make the Sipheed Armour for Mirage, change the Dragonhead tampo over to the Mercat. :D

A quick question to ask: What are these two attachment pieces specifically far? Am I thinking that's its used to put the lower leg armour when connecting it on the legs in valk mode (or is it for another purpose that not aware of)? 

DSC01615.jpg

6 hours ago, Scyla said:

Has everybody who ordered the VF-31S Armored Parts from NY received their shipping notice?

Mine is still in the processing stage. :unsure:

I‘m not worried but I want to put a new dress on the Siegfried. ^_^

Near as I can tell my NY order has been hanging out in LA customs for the past day.  Odd considering the SV-51 was only there for about an hour before moving on.

8 hours ago, Scyla said:

Has everybody who ordered the VF-31S Armored Parts from NY received their shipping notice?

Mine somehow managed to grease its way right through customs without any fees and is currently sat at my parents' house waiting for me to pick it up. Just three days from despatch to delivery, which is probably the best time I've had on any overseas shipping. A shame that TerraOnion can't do the same for my MegaSD <_<

Edited by WaferMouse

10 hours ago, Scyla said:

Relax this is not like VF31A, but sure it's weird, i order my second armor just a day before release and it got shipped at the same day with my first order (one with ferry and one with SAL). Is this a sign that NY is just shipping order randomly ignoring the order number:ph34r:?

11 hours ago, Scyla said:

I just got my shipping notice early this morning. :shok:

So now that I had a chance to put the armor parts on, I can definitely say that the Armored VF-25S is still the best looking one in fighter mode. The Armored VF-31S Fighter looks just plain... ugly. And no, it has nothing to do with the colors. It doesn't look streamlined at all and the parts don't flow smoothly into one another. The back looks especially terrible. Makes it really seem like this design was an afterthought rather than planned from the start.

Shame since I always display my valks in fighter mode.

2 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

So now that I had a chance to put the armor parts on, I can definitely say that the Armored VF-25S is still the best looking one in fighter mode. The Armored VF-31S Fighter looks just plain... ugly. And no, it has nothing to do with the colors. It doesn't look streamlined at all and the parts don't flow smoothly into one another. The back looks especially terrible. Makes it really seem like this design was an afterthought rather than planned from the start.

You mean like a small, under-funded outfit in a backwoods part of the galaxy might have to slap something together out of necessity in a pinch..?

12 hours ago, Scyla said:

I got my shopping notice from Nippon-Yasan on Monday. Today (Thursday) the VF-31`S Armored Parts arrived at my home in Boston.

22 minutes ago, Mommar said:

You mean like a small, under-funded outfit in a backwoods part of the galaxy might have to slap something together out of necessity in a pinch..?

I didn't watch the movie so I don't know the circumstances behind it. But if it was indeed just hastily put together from existing parts, then why were they able to standardize the layout, and even equip cannon fodder units? None of the parts look like they came from any other unit either.

As compared to something like let's say, Full Armor Unicorn. You can really see that it was indeed just put together among existing weapon systems and just tacked onto the Unicorn Gundam.

37 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

I have to agree, it was definitely designed visually as a battroid-first armament. Hell, the strike cannons don't even face forwards outside of battroid mode.

It does look better if you don't stick the strike cannons on, and the strike cannons by themselves look fine when stuck on an un-armored fighter for what it's worth.

Also, never been a fan of the VF-31's wing boosters, the way they just attach to the tops of the wings rather than wrapping top+bottom like the Frontier ones, or above the fuselage like the VF-1/VF-11 ones.

The postal worker just dropped off my 4th armored set (from NY) was shipped via EMS. Iirc i think the shipping difference b/w EMS and registered SAL was like 900yen for me on the original qoute and I told myself "ehhh rather pay the extra 9$ get it two weeks faster through the postal system and less likely to get smushed".

Another Sipheed Armour has been picked up from Manda at 20k yen from the Shibuya location.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1119454387&ref=list&keyword=%E3%83%9E%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AD%E3%82%B9&lang=en

Now Amazon.jp is shipping the Silpheed Parts internationally via 3rd party sellers.