Just in case NY has any problems fulfilling my pre-order, I decided to order a second set of Armored Parts from Amazon just a few minutes ago

With Amazon Global Shipping (aka, DHL) today's order turned out to be 1310 yen cheaper than my NY pre-order with EMS shipping.  *sigh*

Just got the email to say that my copy of the Silpheed Amour is on its way to from Manda Fukuoka to YVR. 

Looks like that I may get the Armour before NY, AE or my mykombini sends out their shipment to the rest of you that are still waiting for it.. :rolleyes:

“Hello 

Thank you for your message

The order is not shipped yet. We did not receive our stock yet. We will send your parcel as soon as possible after the arrival of product. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please don't hesitate to send another message if you need anything else.

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com
Customer Service”

This is the automated generic reply I got when I asked about the armor. Same bullshit reply I got when they were a week behind other sellers shipping out the GX-71 Voltron. They did ship out though. What kind of irks me is that they shipped out another PO of mine last Friday on its release date. Went from preparation in progress to shipped in 30 minutes.

25 minutes ago, borgified said:

Just got the email to say that my copy of the Silpheed Amour is on its way to from Manda Fukuoka to YVR. 

Looks like that I may get the Armour before NY, AE or my mykombini sends out their shipment to the rest of you that are still waiting for it.. :rolleyes:

More than likely :)

40 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Haha @Saburo is the 31a pic meant to say stay calm? :rolleyes:

Don’t worry, I don’t see this armor pack bring near shortage/as in demand as a 31A ...

Haha, more of a remembrance that it could be worse.   :lol:

31 minutes ago, Focslain said:

@Saburo - What do you use for the background for that pict? 

@Focslain, it is custom designed FEXT System display.

Edited by Saburo

10 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Just in case NY has any problems fulfilling my pre-order, I decided to order a second set of Armored Parts from Amazon just a few minutes ago

With Amazon Global Shipping (aka, DHL) today's order turned out to be 1310 yen cheaper than my NY pre-order with EMS shipping.  *sigh*

I would do this and cancel at NY but I have three other things that are supposed to be shipping at the same time.

I also don't have a damn clue how you managed to find it on the Amazon Japan website...

Edited by Mommar

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

I would do this and cancel at NY but I have three other things that are supposed to be shipping at the same time.

I also don't have a damn clue how you managed to find it on the Amazon Japan website...

https://www.amazon.co.jp/バンダイ-BANDAI-VF-31S-ジークフリード(アラド・メルダース機)用アーマードパーツセット-VF-31S本体は別売/dp/B07SD9HRN2/ref=sr_1_6?crid=29PR76NRYJ3D&keywords=DX超合金&qid=1566847194&s=hobby&sprefix=Dx+ch%2Chobby%2C228&sr=1-6

currently there is no seller that will ship international, but it can change .

you can just search  DX chogokin

https://www.amazon.co.jp/s?k=dx+chogokin&i=hobby&crid=29PR76NRYJ3D&sprefix=Dx+ch%2Chobby%2C228&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_5

18 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

YAY!  The Armored Parts order I placed yesterday via AmazonJP is already at DHL's Cincinnati HUB.

Whereas I am still waiting to hear from Nippon Yasan as to what is going on.

I love you 3000 Amazon!

I still don't know how you managed to find a place on AmazonJP that would actually ship to the US.  None of the listings I saw (outside of some 50000 yen ones) would do it.

10 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I still don't know how you managed to find a place on AmazonJP that would actually ship to the US.  None of the listings I saw (outside of some 50000 yen ones) would do it.

I got really lucky I guess.

image.png.29b02fc538217c18df62f3776213d0b3.png

I will go check if there are any others on AmazonJP that will ship to the US.

Update:  Not finding anymore at the moment.  I really did get lucky.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

I was looking at that specific ad last night. Even though its a 3rd party seller and Fulfilled by Amazon.jp, it doesn't ship to YVR (international shipping). I believe that it will offer international shipping once they get more stock in.  

10 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

For anyone who wants a different/faster supplier for the next time around:

I picked up my FedEx shipment from FromJapan last Friday, and I can recommend them so long as you don't mind paying up-front.

What did it cost you total?

35 minutes ago, Mommar said:

What did it cost you total?

It was about $191 each, and I ordered 3.

Price would obviously have been higher if I was just getting one.

Here's the charge breakdown:

Product name: DX超合金 VF-31S ジークフリード(アラド・メルダース機)用アーマードパーツセット
Product price: 17,280 yen
Quantity: 3  (51,840 Yen)

① Domestic delivery charge 648 Yen
② Payment Fee 0 Yen
③ Plan fee 700 Yen
④ Excess charge 0 Yen
⑤ Tax ( Charge1 ) 0 Yen
⑥ Surcharge 0 Yen
⑦ Oversea shipping 10,222 Yen (after 5% shipping discount)

(11,570 Yen)

63,410 Yen total

The 51,840 Yen was upfront, and the rest was paid on shipping request.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

33 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

For anyone who wants a different/faster supplier for the next time around:

I picked up my FedEx shipment from FromJapan last Friday, and I can recommend them so long as you don't mind paying up-front.

Yup, they are normally my go to place for proxy service too. 

I like that they give shipping discounts too.   I'm only Tonosama 5% off.

https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/en/help/other  

4 minutes ago, F360 said:

Same here. I really like From Japan. 

10 minutes ago, F360 said:

Forgot to mention I'm there as well, so I saved like $5 on the $100 for shipping.

27 minutes ago, borgified said:

Crazy question for the day.. 

Since we all know that the Silpheed Armoured can fit on the 31 valks sans the front canard issue on the 31a, I wonder how would it look on the Chronos? :huh:   

Might look interesting, but the shapes of the two valks are entirely different, so I doubt any of the parts will fit, short of anything that mounts on the wing hardpoints.

So, good news.

I just transformed my Arad to battroid with the Sylpheed pack on, and it's actually quite stable.

No sagging of note, actually fairly well balanced, and no trouble getting it standing upright. Can even rock it back and forth without knocking it over.

Only real issue I had is the hip armor kept popping off on both sides, and I had to extend the knee so the armor sat properly with straight legs.