On 8/16/2019 at 12:12 AM, mechaninac said:

The reason for the huge aftermarket markup is that the release of the VF-31A was such a cluster-frak on Bandai's part, coupled with many vendors who took in more orders than they could deliver... due again to Bandai's factory messing up production and suppliers messing up distribution; also, CF and plain it may be, the A has unique wings to the 31 line, and is the only one not skittles colored, which has it's own appeal, specially to real-world fighter aircraft enthusiasts.

You'll also need to wait until hell freezes over before you see a reissue of this particular bird since it was sold as a TWE item, ostensibly to order, and as such a one-off; the only hope would be for a release specific to one of the mainline characters (too lazy to look up which) who flew a somewhat personalized unit, a movie colors variant [if the movie(s) even have such a thing], or a CF with a different modex to distinguish it from the first, limited edition, version -- the price of which will eventually stabilize somewhere, but unless people who have extras start dumping them onto the market all at once, don't expect it to get anywhere near affordable.

I’m looking at more photos of it, it’s color scheme is similar to vf25s or mpm starscream takara version.  That’s a shame if they don’t re release it.  

A brownie ver could be cool.  Or a low vis.

Weird that they don’t milk the mold like they did with the vf31 backward wings.  

I like the missiles on the legs.  

The 31a head looks like evangelion.  

21 hours ago, Grimgerde said:

I'm like the polar opposite: If there is a character/mecha I really dig, I tend to grab multiples. Completing squadrons or teams really never is a goal of mine, but I will absolutely pay ridiculous prices to make sure my mind rests assured that I have gotten enough versions of my favorites. 

That said, having 3 Messers and 2 Arads satisfies me with this mold. But if I ever have a chance at a new release of the A....I all over that SOB.

SNL says one to display, one to mint, one just in case.  Or one in each mode.  Hehe

7 hours ago, chyll2 said:

@enphily

So the chest and shoulder piece fit in? Compatibility issue is from canards which might fit but can't be folded ?

The shoulder piece needs to be fitted onto the canard. Since 31A's canard is bigger than the Delta's, one way to make it fit is just using the 31S's canard with the armor and plug it into the A's canard slot.

Now you know why there's a gap on the shoulder paldron when you put on the Silpheed Armour in the Karios as the canards are totally different in size (and it was mentioned before). 

Edit: Just saw the review as of 12:10 am PST. Totally insane for Xaos to get the Armoured Pack and they said that they're out of funds during the course of the show. Where did they manage to get the funding for these - maybe Lady M helped them out?? :unknw:

Second request after Arad's Silpheed Armour on Chuck's 31e if I may and if anyone has the time:

All the Armoured valks together in one shot - VF-1J with the GPB, Osma's/Alto's/Micheal's Amoured VF-25, Alto's/Maruyama's 171EX Armoured and Arad's 31s Silpheed.

Panoramic/Wide angle view might be need for this one.. 

Edited by borgified

Noob question: the radome in fighter mode is longer than the rear landing gear.  How do you get it so the landing gear extends more than the folded up radome for the tarmac?

Also in fighter mode, the transparent stand piece locks into the underside of the cockpit, and tabs into the left shin, but there's a gap and it doesn't tab into the right shin.  From @jenius review of the first vf31, it tabs into both shins.  Does it tab in with radome folded underneath?

thanx

9 minutes ago, beatsing said:

Noob question: the radome in fighter mode is longer than the rear landing gear.  How do you get it so the landing gear extends more than the folded up radome for the tarmac?

Also in fighter mode, the transparent stand piece locks into the underside of the cockpit, and tabs into the left shin, but there's a gap and it doesn't tab into the right shin.  From @jenius review of the first vf31, it tabs into both shins.  Does it tab in with radome folded underneath?

thanx

My video review of the 31E is currently processing and probably addresses these, should be live in like a half hour. No need to wait though, here's the answers:

1) The radome collapses so there's tons of room between it and the tarmac. I have a scan of the instruction manual up already on my VF-31 review and it shows the configuration the radome should be in to get the most clearance.

2) Yes, when the radome is folded properly it won't extend far enough down to interfere with the adapter.

1 minute ago, jenius said:

My video review of the 31E is currently processing and probably addresses these, should be live in like a half hour. No need to wait though, here's the answers:

1) The radome collapses so there's tons of room between it and the tarmac. I have a scan of the instruction manual up already on my VF-31 review and it shows the configuration the radome should be in to get the most clearance.

2) Yes, when the radome is folded properly it won't extend far enough down to interfere with the adapter.

Thanks @jenius, I'll check out your website.  Keep up the cool vids!

8 minutes ago, beatsing said:

Thanks @jenius.  Just watched your vid.  I wasn't folding the radome on the outside hinges.  Now there's enough clearance for the landing gear. 

Yours probably came like mine where they were on the wrong side when the toy was placed in the box. Glad it was helpful!

17 hours ago, seti88 said:

Funny you should ask that....its a custom so that doesn't exactly answer the question..

ECPVXNkVUAEzcTj.thumb.jpg.348a780b7a69dbfb712ea9dd75f80eed.jpg

but what a custom it is! 

So cool, and if you look through the guy's twitter it looks like he found a way to make a clear canopy cover for his VF-31. Heavy jealousy

This Ten guy also made a custom Armored Ozma. I can recognize some of the custom parts were used from the V1 DX Tornado set. The others look like they were kitbashed from an MG Heavyarms.

959358585_CustomArmoredValkyries.thumb.jpg.3e5c546a1d7517c70406c31d07b31721.jpg

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

What are the chances that we can mix and match both Super and Armored Packs for the Siegfrieds like on the Messiahs?

Well the 31 armor pack already provides the firepower the 25 armored/tornado hybrid was supposed to do. But you should be able to mix the parts since they hook onto the same slots.

Bandai-Magazine-ad-1.jpg

Edited by gabuyan