3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Looks great! So does this mean you won't buy the actual super parts whenever they come out?

That's the question actually. Are Bandai still going to do Super Parts for the remaining Valks (31A, 31S, 31E), knowing that they already shown Arad's Armored Pack? I'm sure they might release Chuck's Armored Pack than the Super Pack. And while they're at it, they might do VF-31A's Armored Pack as well. :( 

Silly Question, I do not own any of the Bandai DX VF-31 variants.  I know that the VF-31 A,J,C,F,J Kai, S, F Movie all come with the gunpod.  I am looking at the "E" model and I know that it has the radome that folds and goes in the spot for the weapons container, but does it come with the gunpod?  I am pretty sure that it does not, but just asking.  I know it does not have it in the anime.

Thank You

Twich

5 minutes ago, twich said:

Silly Question, I do not own any of the Bandai DX VF-31 variants.  I know that the VF-31 A,J,C,F,J Kai, S, F Movie all come with the gunpod.  I am looking at the "E" model and I know that it has the radome that folds and goes in the spot for the weapons container, but does it come with the gunpod?  I am pretty sure that it does not, but just asking.  I know it does not have it in the anime.

Thank You

Twich

No gunpod since it's part of the drone charger attachment. 

for some reason, I am really hung up on the fact that I want my Valkyrie toy to have a gunpod, which the VF-31E does not.  Yes, I know it has the 25mm mini-gunpods on the arms, but the turret is what I would like with the ability to change it to the hand.  Not wanting to spend $400-750 USD on a  Macross jet, this only leaves the VF-31F and VF-31E.  I will only convince my wife to let me get one......it is a tough decision.

So, here is a question...for those that have a VF-31 DX toy and another DX toy, like the VF-27 or YF-29, which is the "best" toy?  I like the "S" variants of the Macross VF's, but cant justify the inflated prices on the secondary market.  Any input would be nice! Thanks!

Twich

Edited by twich

Didn't see you mention the VF-25 design, you could always find a Ozma VF-25S renewal or a Ozma YF-29.  Only downfall with the DX VF-25's is that the joints tend to get a little sloppy but that can be fixed with tightening the screw on the joint.   As far as the DX VF-31, nothing IMO has better engineering then it.  It's rock solid. 

9 hours ago, Mommar said:

Sounds like the Armor parts are coming the 16th.

Pre-order?  Damn, I'm away on vacation out of cell/internet service

2 hours ago, twich said:

for some reason, I am really hung up on the fact that I want my Valkyrie toy to have a gunpod, which the VF-31E does not.  Yes, I know it has the 25mm mini-gunpods on the arms, but the turret is what I would like with the ability to change it to the hand.  Not wanting to spend $400-750 USD on a  Macross jet, this only leaves the VF-31F and VF-31E.  I will only convince my wife to let me get one......it is a tough decision.

So, here is a question...for those that have a VF-31 DX toy and another DX toy, like the VF-27 or YF-29, which is the "best" toy?  I like the "S" variants of the Macross VF's, but cant justify the inflated prices on the secondary market.  Any input would be nice! Thanks!

Twich

Best Toy is the 31 by a wide mile.

Of the Bandai DX Valks I have (VF-1J, VF/YF-19, (R)VF-171, (R)VF-25, VF-27, VF-29, YF-30, VF-31), the best is hands-down the VF-1, and the second place is solidly the VF-31.

I like the look of the VF-25 more than the VF-31, but the VF-31 has much better engineering.

Now NY sent me this...

" We are contacting today regarding this product : Macross Delta - Armored Parts Set for DX Chogokin VF-31S Siegfried (Arad Molders Custom) - Limited Edition
We've just got the confirmation that the release date for this product was changed.

Initially the release date was on : 2019-08-31
The new release date is now on : 2019-08-23

I'll believe it when I get it I guess.

3 minutes ago, seti88 said:

thats pretty standard release procedure actually...some shops put the worst scenario dateline first ie end of month, when in actuality the toy is released after mid month...

call it buffer or what you may like ...

Then I guess I call the one year gap from NY for the DX VF-31A a buffer. :db:

:lol: 

2 hours ago, Moosey said:

Aw man :shok: I just got my import duty letter for Chuck!! Ouchie. That’s added another 25-30% to the price. :(

So sorry to hear this. When I was living in UK, this is the most dreaded thing for me when I buy my hobby items.

13 hours ago, Moosey said:

Aw man :shok: I just got my import duty letter for Chuck!! Ouchie. That’s added another 25-30% to the price. :(

CD70B4CF-4611-47F0-8ADA-92AD49403589.jpeg

Yep, I hate getting these letters, could have bought another VALK with all the import duties I have had. So far only NY has been the only site that has bypassed this. HLJ, CDJ, HS, Ami, Mandarake, all put the full amount and thus get charged this horrendous amount.

15 hours ago, Moosey said:

CD70B4CF-4611-47F0-8ADA-92AD49403589.jpeg

You need to start your own revolution and rid yourself of the tyranny of such taxes. Maybe the French can help you out. ;)

18 hours ago, Grey728 said:

Is this what @Saburo uses for those great Macross shots? Is it finally available to us?!

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/98663

image.png.19bb2b239f91bb6e5c9e24d309a96df5.png

18 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

His is a bit different, but he did design that one as well, IIRC.

Thank you @Sanity is Optional you are correct.  I designed that one and its a different design than mine.

On 8/2/2019 at 3:10 AM, seti88 said:

Yup! :lol::lol:

NY's mistake was misstating the release date...i.e. please wait on your a$$ while we scramble to find one for you... 

At least they still fulfill most of the order instead of cancel it then put it up for sell with 4x the msrp price.