Ideally if they can do a rerun for the Eva01 metal build, they will do another for the VF-31A. But that's more of a wish.

One can only hope that they'd do something incredible like make it alpha-02 or alpha-01 to boot.  Collectors aren't mad since their exclusive is still exclusive, new people get a chance to own one of the greatest valks ever, and people that play with their toys (i.e. like me) can dual wield swoosh!

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the 31A valk is more often than not shown as a formation of three in the animation..

nor that bandai released a 03 for starters..it sure ‘sounds like a plan’ from the beginning...only time will tell ...and also time will account for inflation, right bandai?;)

As an additional request Noel, could you try another variant of your recolor, with teal as the color of all the missile covers and gatling guns, and red for the stripes on the twin cannons, booster packs, and the big stripe on the missile pack attached on the booster pack?

Hey Brouken. Sorry for the delay. Here you go.

1000133032_3_recolor6.jpg.3662a3b7bdb68c27efcdf739a3fb6be4.jpg

Yeah cool.  The whole armor to be light and dark grey with the colored parts left alone.  I just wanted to see how it would look like instead of white armor.

Hey sh900. Your request is the hardest. I have to mask a lot of stuff. hehehe. :lol:

1000133032_3_recolor7.jpg.7975740461c36b6b88a07480bc42fde6.jpg

1000133032_3_recolor8.jpg.f059c6854bd09d058526868a9b945cf9.jpg

Btw I noticed that the booster on the wings only has one thruster, but the super pack has 2 each. Anyone know if the armor pack thruster is bigger than the two on the super pack?

I checked some VF-31 pics with Supers on Tamashii, and the Armored thrusters looks a little bit bigger.

I checked some VF-31 pics with Supers on Tamashii, and the Armored thrusters looks a little bit bigger.

Nice. Wonder if the thrust to weight ratio is as good as the Armored VF-25 though. That one had way more boosters than the Armored VF-31.

Hey Brouken. Sorry for the delay. Here you go.

1000133032_3_recolor6.jpg.3662a3b7bdb68c27efcdf739a3fb6be4.jpg

Wow! Nice! Thanks Noel! IMHO, this is how it should have been colored in the first place! Looks a lot more uniform with Arad's color scheme. Think you can do gerwalk and valkyrie in these colors Noel? Pretty please? :)

On 3/20/2019 at 1:18 AM, brouken said:

Wow! Nice! Thanks Noel! IMHO, this is how it should have been colored in the first place! Looks a lot more uniform with Arad's color scheme. Think you can do gerwalk and valkyrie in these colors Noel? Pretty please? :)

Hey Brouken. Here it is as a complete set. ;) Though I did change the color on the barrel to red since it's too teal overall. What do you think?

1000133032_3_recolor6.jpg.8851c09d1b7ed9220bdd76d074173c89.jpg

1000133032_6_recolor6.jpg.e8ee9876dfe78c0044b2003ba3b8eaba.jpg

1000133032_5_recolor6.jpg.e879dd312736bccd02aa25f3e2a5a5e7.jpg

Thanks again Noel! They look awesome! :wub:

Agreed with Mommar. The red ammo drums do make for a good contrast. I wonder why Kawamori-san didn’t color it this way. It looks so much better than the orange. 

Now I’m wondering what color Chuck’s armor is going to be. Will it be olive green as in the movie? Or will it be the same color as his valk like in the BD cover?

39 minutes ago, Saburo said:

Great work on the colorways @no3Ljm!

26 minutes ago, Mommar said:

The red ammo drums make a nice contrast.

Thanks @Saburo and @Mommar! :good: 

6 minutes ago, brouken said:

Thanks again Noel! They look awesome! :wub:

Agreed with Mommar. The red ammo drums do make for a good contrast. I wonder why Kawamori-san didn’t color it this way. It looks so much better than the orange. 

Now I’m wondering what color Chuck’s armor is going to be. Will it be olive green as in the movie? Or will it be the same color as his valk like in the BD cover?

You're welcome @brouken! :good:

I only hope that before Bandai decides on releasing Chuck's armor, they really need to complete the Super Packs first. I'm already forgiving them for making Arad's Armor pack first than his Supers. So they should finish the Supers first. ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

5 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I haven't been checking YJA prices for a while, but it seems that the 31S bidding prices have skyrocketed from a few months ago (when the full armour was announced) and a few MISB ones are now bidding at a range of 33k to 39k yen... wow.

Can’t imagine how much more the Kairos is going to be if Bandai suddenly announces the grey Armored Packs for it? :ph34r:

But I’m definitely going to order two of it — one for Kairos’, and one for Messer’s. :rolleyes:

Edited by no3Ljm

5 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Can’t imagine how much more the Kairos is going to be if Bandai suddenly announces the grey Armored Packs for it? :ph34r:

But I’m definitely going to order two of it — one for Kairos’, and one for Messer’s. :rolleyes:

Right - I checked my order date and it was 10/25/18. They were going for 23k on Manda (sealed, box slightly damaged but actually looks pretty darn good to me). I ordered mine way after release date, but as soon as the FA set was announced. 

When did arad come out?  I’m going to have to dig through boxes to see if I have him. 

Edit:  damn it did a quick check and can’t find him. Either I missed him or I’m assuming I didn’t like the paint scheme.  Seems like I have all the other ones though. 

Re-edit. Apparently I ordered the armor parts.  So maybe I’ll have to find an arad. Not paying $600 though. 

Edited by ErikElvis
Looked around

20 minutes ago, ErikElvis said:

When did arad come out?  I’m going to have to dig through boxes to see if I have him. 

Edit:  damn it did a quick check and can’t find him. Either I missed him or I’m assuming I didn’t like the paint scheme.  Seems like I have all the other ones though. 

It was released July 2018.

2 hours ago, brouken said:

Wow, NY is already selling Arad for 68,000. That's quite a markup. Everybody loves an armored valk leader, I guess. :blink:

My arad is awaiting supers releases...and actually bandai should have just included supers with every 31 release, if it was such a hassle needing to make way for other macross releases...

only 3 31 valks so far have had their supers released..What an imbalance, bandai!

5 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

Re-edit. Apparently I ordered the armor parts.  So maybe I’ll have to find an arad. Not paying $600 though. 

Stick the armour on either Mirage/Messer/Hayate if you don't care about colour correctness.

Welp, let's see if I made a mistake or not. Ordered the VF-31 Arad 2 days before the 300.00 price jump. Order shows a tracking number, but that tracking number cannot be entered in EMS yet. Though its only been 3 days. And, evilbay was the only place I found it. None at Mandrake. 

I normally try to avoid Ebay if possible. Not that I've had horrible circumstances, but the few I have had issues with just took time to file claims and get the money back. Not the best time to get back into the collecting Macross and really liking the Delta line.