Ouch. I've ordered my HMR VF-4 Lightning III from them so hopefully their reputation will change once I receive it. Coz it's a 'paid' preorder. :rolleyes:

I thought the only emblem was the chest tampo?

Yup. The chest mid-section. I was thinking that the chest tampo were more of the chest missile covers that has d01. My bad.

Anyways, besides that and the canard armors, you also need to change the delta numbers on both booster missile rack.

Yup. The chest mid-section. I was thinking that the chest tampo were more of the chest missile covers that has d01. My bad.

Anyways, besides that and the canard armors, you also need to change the delta numbers on both booster missile rack.

Has anyone tried replacing the tampos before? Is scraping required or just sanding works? Also will the decal replacement look odd when compared with the remaining tampo prints?

from the super parts of messiah. I  can dissolve the markings and paint using 70% rubbing isoprophyl Alcohol. If it is a marking over a painted parts, then maybe you just need to be careful, but if it is over a  bare plastic, you can whack it away using cotton buds dipped in alcohol.

Tekering used the Mr. Colour paint remover on his DX YF-19 to take out the horrific and unslighty U.N. Spacy tampos if anyone can remember.. 

Just make sure that it doesn't eat through the hard plastic at super concentrated levels. 

As I recall there wasn't any black underneath.

Don't remember that part, but there's still plenty of black around the text, and few mortals are so good with a Q-tip and solvent that they can perfectly remove text and not anything around or underneath it. Which was the point.

Edited by Lolicon

Link for the paint removal. Might have to do this on one of the Kairos to make an Arad. 

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/43121-bandai-dx-yf-19/?do=findComment&comment=1420930

Ah, that's what I thought. The thinner pretty much only removed the white tampo, with very little damage to the black paint.

Link for the paint removal. Might have to do this on one of the Kairos to make an Arad. 

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/43121-bandai-dx-yf-19/?do=findComment&comment=1420930

Thanks for this. Anyone know what's the color mix for the body of YF-19 and YF-29 Isamu ver? I'll have to touch up some of the beige white that was chipped off since im going to be removing the tampos. I wonder if there's anyway to mix it using the gundam paint markers for ease of use.

Edit: seems like I need to mix white yellow and brown until it fits. Anyone tried this b4?

Edited by gabuyan

Are they planning on releasing armors for other 31's? That is one of the two that I don't own.

Who knows what they're planning on, but the only 31's equipped with the armor in the movie were the 31S Arad, 31E Chuck, and 31A Kairos.

It's unlikely we will see armor for any other 31, unless the second movie adds it.

Who knows what they're planning on, but the only 31's equipped with the armor in the movie were the 31S Arad, 31E Chuck, and 31A Kairos.

It's unlikely we will see armor for any other 31, unless the second movie adds it.

I can't imagine what 31A's price will skyrocket to if they release AP armor for it...

Nice! The orange color in those twitter photos don't look as bright and blown out in the earlier pics. It looks more red orange like in the show (Though it could be the lighting.)

We also get to see more of the rear. The clear support adapter for the stand allows for three arms to support the weight of the backpack more evenly.

Man, I'm getting giddy with excitement for this! I hope Chuck's supers are not far behind. I can't wait to display a fully dressed up Delta platoon! 

A special request if I may (I'm asking this ahead of time).

If anyone gets Chuck's 31e (out on June/July) and then the Silpheed Armour (out on August/September), is there a possibility to have a snap of it (mis-matched tampos, colours and all)?

A special request if I may (I'm asking this ahead of time).

If anyone gets Chuck's 31e (out on June/July) and then the Silpheed Armour (out on August/September), is there a possibility to have a snap of it (mis-matched tampos, colours and all)?

I bought one more-or-less for that purpose, so yeah I'll post some pics.

I just had a thought. Once I get Chuck’s valk and Arad’s armor pack, I’m going to try and put Chuck’s radome on Arad while he wears the armor pack, to see what that looks like. :)

I realized that with the release of Chuck and the armor parts are two new container pods for the VF-31. This will be the first time we can try to swap out the standard gunpod and recharger pod for other types. At least using the Bandai official parts.

Maybe Bandai will officially release the speaker pod packaged with Arad’s supers? One can hope...

Edited by brouken

By my best count this sucker has 356 visible mini-missiles in all of the armor parts.  12 medium range missiles.  The obvious 2 giant energy cannons, 2 chain guns and 2 other types of cannons in the chest armor.  And the boosters appear to have internal missile payloads of some count/type as well.

Edited by Mommar