@Kinzoku VF - As I do like the "Silpheed Armour" option, I'm calling it off for now, however time will tell as the official day gets closer and them I'll decide (possibly for Chuck's 31e as there is a possibility due to the first movie. Maybe for Mirage if and when Bandai decides to).

@Alphahorizon -  I'm also in the same boat as you are as I'm working towards a certificate in Property Management and I've got pre-orders to pay off (IE: HMR VF-1d and Arcadia's PE VE-1) before I even think about getting the "Silpheed Armour".

@borgifiedI just got back into my Macross collecting itch I've let lapse for 13 years. I may have over spent a little bit to get the HMR collection started. Along with the DX VF-1J. So I'm gonna have to hold back for a month before I decide to make another purchase.

The armor does look really cool. But, considering i haven't begun to work on my Frontier collection, I'll just have to consider taking a hard pass for now. Unless I get some OT at work. Which may happen.

Edited by Alphahorizon

Loopaza has it up for sale too now for a little more, 194 USD.

https://www.loopaza.com/figures/dx-chogokin-vf-31s-siegfried-arad-molders-use-armored-parts-set.html

I pre-ordered the armored parts from NY but don't have the 31S, but do have all the others and was just going to put it on one of those guys.  But I also have all the super parts to go with them...not sure if I should pull the trigger on a reasonably priced 31S so I won't have a set of leftover super parts, my freaking wallet...:help:

Speaking of which, anybody ever buy from hobbyshop2go.com?  are they legit?

Edited by Smacky

Speaking of which, anybody ever buy from hobbyshop2go.com?  are they legit?

Here's some replies from various thread within MWF. Looks legit so far but I haven't used them. Hope it helps.

asked this the other day but nobody responded.

I was wondering if hobbyshop2go.com was legit as I wanted to pre-order some things from them. And as I always miss pre-orders is this the thread I should set notifications on. Any help appreciated.

Nobody's confirmed if they (hobbyshop2go.com) are legit.

Ive seen them sponsor a few youtube reviewers. Ive personally never bought from them because they seemed too expensive.

Looks like Hoobyshop2go.com   finally has the Gernsback for Pre-order.   Don't think I have ever tried this company online, but I have bought from their physical store before.  At least its USD $267.41,  cheaper than where I preordered from. 

https://hobbyshop2go.com/en/metal-build-m9-gernsback-ver-iv

There is one that still got this valk on pre-order but at an indecent price of 260$, before shipping...(http://www.hobbyshop2go.com/en/shop/products/dx-chogokin-vf-31j-siegried-hayate-immelmann-pilot---d10025bb9-1783-415a-a866-a65601673afd.html)

Since they don't put an hard deadline, it is hard to know if they don't have enough orders or if they are not legetimate.

At this price level, this is a form of stealing to me because this is from an online shop...

Edited by no3Ljm

I pass on it, too. To me it's a bit over the top. My favorite weapons/armor pack is still the Tornado pack on the VF-25. Two big guns and rockets but still a sleek silhouette.

I also really like the Frontier Tornado pack. Chunky, yet with just the right amount of stuff, most importantly you can still make out the 25 underneath. What bothers me with that upcoming one is the 'overthetopness' of it all. Nearly every inch covered with 'stuff'. The collector in me is tempted, but for all the wrong reasons...

Any word on armor parts for the other VF-31s.....especially the VF-31A?

The armor for the VF-31S just got announced for preorder. For now, it's too early to speculate, to guess, and to know the exact news about it. Besides, Bandai should put out the Super Packs for the rest of the VF-31 first before they continue the Armor Packs. Remember that the Armor Packs were used by 31S, 31E, and 31A. So it's hard to guess if even the 31J, 31C, and 31F will be announce knowing that it was featured in the Blu-Ray box cover.

The armor for the VF-31S just got announced for preorder. For now, it's too early to speculate, to guess, and to know the exact news about it. Besides, Bandai should put out the Super Packs for the rest of the VF-31 first before they continue the Armor Packs. Remember that the Armor Packs were used by 31S, 31E, and 31A. So it's hard to guess if even the 31J, 31C, and 31F will be announce knowing that it was featured in the Blu-Ray box cover.

Plus there's still a second Delta movie in the works, who knows what'll show up from that.

Here is always my take when it comes to add-on parts that are TWE. If I like it, then it's better to get it during preorder stage or when it comes out. Because if you don't like it in the end, I'm sure there will be always someone who wants to have one because he missed the preorder or he just liked it after the release or he's a latecomer to the hobby, then you can sell it to them if you decided to sell it. It's up to people how much they want to sell it whether it's MSRP or above. Now if you're like someone who appreciate the add-ons after it came out and wanted to get one after, then expect that you won't be able to get it the same price as others have paid it during preorder. You'll end up paying more from third party sellers or scalpers. Or you could also end up getting it lower in the hopes that someone might want to sell it MSRP plus shipping just to have it break even.

But don't get too pressure just seeing that most of the members here purchased it. Be wise enough to know what you really like and how you want to spend your hard earned money. ^_^

The Draken III sporting Siegfried's Super Packs. Or Siegfried's Armor Packs for more firepower. ;)

OOOOOOO you just gave me an idea! The armored packs with the little* Drakens on the tips of those loopy things!!! One for each!!! x4 I guess? XD

Now that would be over the top over the top* lololol.

and edit... sorry i meant the lil drakens, but sure why not draken IIIs? XD

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

I kinda want to take the armor pack, repaint the red/teal sections (and remove the chest/heatshield tampo), and mount it on Chuck with the radome pod. The oranges ought to match fairly well, from the pictures.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

Here's some replies from various thread within MWF. Looks legit so far but I haven't used them. Hope it helps.

You've convinced me Noel, my wallet hates you.

As always, I did some coloring studies since I can't wait for @Saburo's. ^_^

RED

1000133032_5_recolor1.jpg.6b0cff50d1dfb7b2f36de75e47ab9cc4.jpg

1000133032_6_recolor1.jpg.b4dc2bd7bef2c779a20fa774ac28ab7f.jpg

1000133032_3_recolor1.jpg.e4b4dc2518f14303f469fd994c439923.jpg

TEAL

1000133032_5_recolor2.jpg.a0620842984c14ed2a59cc6f635f01b0.jpg

1000133032_6_recolor2.jpg.bf603b318e2d054e370d892d0f1458d9.jpg

1000133032_3_recolor2.jpg.dcf6253e101cc8c8cfc21afae0f3c7a2.jpg

As much I'm more of a Hikaru Red Scheme color guy, I find the red recolor above too red, so I played with the idea on mixing 31S colors and see how it looks. 

1000133032_3_recolor3.jpg.52370d3792d683628124ed14ce9e2281.jpg

Lovely. :wub: 

Haha. Nice!   Magenta..?

Still not convinced by this set, the armor looks like one of those over the top Gunpla customs, you know...people who love sticking 50 thousand guns and random parts to a mecha. (No disrespect, if that's your trip more power to you...and your Mecha of course.)

Been thinking wether I should get it since this morning, but aside from 'peer pressure', I can't find a lot of appeal about this set <_<. The colors scheme sucks,it truly looks plasticky and behind all the 'mess/bit' it's kinda bland. They haven't even painted the insides of any of the missile bay doors, with the lightning used to take the pics, they look transparent. I mean sure I could paint and detail it up....

Also, I can't seem to find a single mode that looks 'wow'. All my Deltas are in Fighter mode (my favourite mode in general ). And aside from the tip of the cockpit you don't even see the fighter. Not to mention the weight of those things on the wings etc...if it's like the old Frontier Armored Messiah (funny how they share a lot of similar bits) where nothing really held on together properly. Probably my least favorite Frontier Armor.

Really not sure about it...Price with EMS shipping is a bit steep too. 

Anyone else giving it a miss? Or am I the only one finding it 'meh'??

Acknowledging the Gundam (ish) look but still very much obviously Macross. 

Ya , perhaps a light gray would have looked better than pure white. Still, this invites a custom color scheme. Low viz anyone?

Fighter mode looks killer to me. But yes, it looks heavy. Of course we won’t really know how unwieldy until people start reviewing it. 

The price is what it is, these toys are only going to be more expensive, me thinks. The engineering does seem to be getting much better..

I will also enjoy the 1/72 Bandai 3 mode version with this armor type( I hope they do it !) as well. Custom, custom!

It’s not for everyone ( don’t care for Hayate’s VF, myself) and there’s obviously plenty of other cool things coming out this year!

Guess I went NY paid upfront hopefully it another 31a incident doesn’t occur

shipping was 5000 yen ems to SoCal so I spent around $200 for this. About the same price for my 31S hope it’s worth it lol

Edited by VF-Zer0S

There's a catch to that wish of yours Sanity.. Chuck's 31e is Yellow and somehow the Oranges might clash. Noel's digi-bash of using the teal, red and orange Gatling gun barrels on Arad's Silpheed 31s looks spot on how it should be originally.

Based on a pic posted pages back, Chuck's 31e Armour pack will have a Neon Yellow on the Missle packs a la Amoured 171EX.

Hmm... Makes me wonder on what the final colours would be on Mirage's Magenta 31c when armoured up (I know.. Wishful thinking here however it can happen). :rolleyes:   

You've convinced me Noel, my wallet hates you.

Nope. MacrossWorld community did that to you. :p

3J3uglH.gif

Could you do one with teal chest/shoulders and the rest red?

Here you go, wmkjr. Like this variant too. ;) 

1000133032_3_recolor4.jpg.703ece58bf21bc128734e61386b4eba9.jpg

Haha. Nice!   Magenta..?

Magenta. ;) 

1000133032_3_recolor5.jpg.284a162fdffa542bef3eb5c5c1a767bd.jpg

There's a catch to that wish of yours Sanity.. Chuck's 31e is Yellow and somehow the Oranges might clash. Noel's digi-bash of using the teal, red and orange Gatling gun barrels on Arad's Silpheed 31s looks spot on how it should be originally.

Based on a pic posted pages back, Chuck's 31e Armour pack will have a Neon Yellow on the Missle packs a la Amoured 171EX.

Hmm... Makes me wonder on what the final colours would be on Mirage's Magenta 31c when armoured up (I know.. Wishful thinking here however it can happen). :rolleyes:   

Here's Mirage's and Chuck's Armored Siegfrieds in the Blu-Ray inner jacket art.

macross-delta-movie-gekijou-no-walkure-limited-edition-561569.4.jpg

*sigh*

Since I took the plunge on ordering the VF-31S Armored Parts set, I figured I might as well take the dive and order the Super Parts for both Hayate and Mirage.

Ordered the 2 Super Parts from AmazonJP for 28,878 yen + 1,974 yen Amazon Global Shipping.

I overpaid, didn't I?  

image.png.0fb9fae9da5036d718f3397d626eea47.png

Welp, couple additional hours of over time scheduled and after this color variation was shown (Thanks@Super Dimensional Member) . I pulled the trigger. A little love on this armor and it will take on a different color and a little weathering.

Edited by Alphahorizon

*sigh*

Since I took the plunge on ordering the VF-31S Armored Parts set, I figured I might as well take the dive and order the Super Parts for both Hayate and Mirage.

Ordered the 2 Super Parts from AmazonJP for 28,878 yen + 1,974 yen Amazon Global Shipping.

I overpaid, didn't I?  

That's not much of a markup this late in the game. I think you got a decent deal.

*sigh*

I overpaid, didn't I?  

If you're going to compare it to the initial MSRP, I don't to be harsh, but yes, you paid almost double how much each one cost. Atleast you didn't get it from Nippon-Yasan. Also, it kind of like it mirrors what I just posted earlier regarding getting it late. :rolleyes:

image.png.0fb9fae9da5036d718f3397d626eea47.png

Welp, couple additional hours of over time scheduled and after this color variation was shown (Thanks@Super Dimensional Member) . I pulled the trigger. A little love on this armor and it will take on a different color and a little weathering.

I'm assuming the Super Dimensional Member is me? If so, you're welcome. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

If you're going to compare it to the initial MSRP, I don't to be harsh, but yes, you paid almost double how much each one cost. It kind of like it mirrors what I just posted earlier regarding getting it late. :rolleyes:

I'm assuming the Super Dimensional Member is me? If so, you're welcome. ;)

Whoops and I see I butchered the name. Apologies. Thanks for the inspiration.

Edited by Alphahorizon

If you're going to compare it to the initial MSRP, I don't to be harsh, but yes, you paid almost double how much each one cost. Atleast you didn't get it from Nippon-Yasan. Also, it kind of like it mirrors what I just posted earlier regarding getting it late. :rolleyes:

Double?  (* faints *)

Double?  (* faints *)

31C Supers during PO is Y8424.

31J Supers during PO is Y7344.

At NY right now 31C Supers costs Y14900 and 31J Supers costs Y18000. So you still got yours bargained. ^_^ 

Edited by no3Ljm

As always, I did some coloring studies since I can't wait for @Saburo's. ^_^

RED

TEAL

As much I'm more of a Hikaru Red Scheme color guy, I find the red recolor above too red, so I played with the idea on mixing 31S colors and see how it looks. 

Lovely. :wub: 

Thanks for the drawing the pic noel! Red speaks to me more than the orange..if only bandai did a red scheme instead!!
I hope bandai would release better colors, but seeing as how expensive it would be to collect all of them, i wonder if bandai would actually do it.

Any armors for the A would be incredible tho. That would be the hottest potato. :crazy:

Thanks for the drawing the pic noel! Red speaks to me more than the orange..if only bandai did a red scheme instead!!
I hope bandai would release better colors, but seeing as how expensive it would be to collect all of them, i wonder if bandai would actually do it.

Any armors for the A would be incredible tho. That would be the hottest potato. :crazy:

You're welcome. Yeah, would love to have a red scheme of that armor. ^_^