HLJ have been messed up for a while.  Back in 2017 I pre-order the Metal Build F91 and got the confirmation email.  But come release time I found that it have disappeared from my order record on their site.  There was no email about it until I asked:

> Thank you for your order for BANN11263 Metal Build Gundam F91. Due to a stock miscount, this item actually did not have any available stock when you placed your order. As we do not expect to be able to acquire stock of this item to fill your order, your order for it has been cancelled.

Only good news for me is that particular Metal Build F91 did not get crazy high market price, unlike many other Metal Build units.

11 hours ago, dur said:

I guess this isn't so relevant anymore, but if you have problems with HLJ in the future, try using your phone or tablet to access the sight.  The mobile site generally works better, at least for me (maybe due to reduced traffic?  Hope this announcement doesn't screw us all over :)

I used my cellphone, my order was cancelled....

15 hours ago, Mommar said:

I've been holding off for a few days to see if HLJ will cancel my E but it looks like I dodged a bullet.  My order number is quite a bit lower than the rest of you who have had cancellations though. 13901000

I just checked mine and I am RIGHT behind you at 13900999. How high did the numbers go?

13 hours ago, dur said:

I guess this isn't so relevant anymore, but if you have problems with HLJ in the future, try using your phone or tablet to access the sight.  The mobile site generally works better, at least for me (maybe due to reduced traffic?  Hope this announcement doesn't screw us all over :)

The phone might come in handy for future preorders and work for some people.  I’ve been preordering with my phone since before the Frontier Valkyries.

This is quite interesting..

From all the replies of HLJ of the cancelled 31e from some members here, I did some "guestimating".

If you had pre-ordered Chuck right when the orders where opened if the servers didn't crap out and other factors, both @Shukenzero and @Mommar ordered where safe (low digits: 13900099 and 13900100) and the higher the order number beyond @Chronocidal #1390149 (according to his post) got the chopping block.

So saying between #13900100 and maybe up to maybe #1390140 (I'm guessing here if you did get Chuck's 31e along with other stuff as well?) you where considered in the "safe zone" and that means you'll get your orders as requested. The highest number order was @spacemanoeuvres #1390168 in which got the axe as well. 

Edited by borgified
Double checked previous posts

Based on the order numbers, assuming there are sequential, it means that HLJ gets allocated less than 140 copies in total, which is f**king ridiculous, knowing the number of overseas purchase will be. With all the known overseas sites or sites that mainly sell overseas, it's like less than 2000 copies. I'd believe there are more overseas fans than this. Are they actively restricting overseas sales because of worrying about HG license issue?

Edited by Firefox

Just fyi hljs order numbers don't exactly relate 1:1 for vf-31Es. Other order numbers inbetween could've be for other items (which possibly brings the number to even less... maybe <25?). And I think @borgified you were missing a zero or misplaced a number. XD

(13901054 was my order number... )

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

2 hours ago, Firefox said:

Based on the order numbers, assuming there are sequential, it means that HLJ gets allocated less than 140 copies in total, which is f**king ridiculous

Agreed, but is it worse then 140? Like maybe 50 copies ish? I think there was an extra zero in there and the number is more like 50 or so. (13900999, 13901000 - 13901054)

Mine is 13901002 (knock on wood). 

5 hours ago, mcfly50 said:

Agreed, but is it worse then 140? Like maybe 50 copies ish? I think there was an extra zero in there and the number is more like 50 or so. (13900999, 13901000 - 13901054)

Mine is 13901002 (knock on wood). 

I'm sure if you didn't get a cancellation by now you're good. XD

We’ve played the order number game before and I think it was determined that each store is getting no more than 100 Valks per release. I think the number makes sense and is actually a lot considering all the other items they carry and how shops in the US are lucky to get two cases of something simple like Marvel Legends, meaning two-four copies of a single character for everyone in the area to fight over. 

If you factor in all the other stores that don’t sell online, I think the typical Macross Valk gets around 10,000 produced for sale. Both Arcadia and Bandai have implied these are not high volume units and Macross doesn’t make either company very much money. The volume is probably along the lines of a popular 3P Transformer or even less. Just looking at FEXT being unable to secure 600 total preorders of 5 different color 1/60 Armors after several months says a lot. Even at 600, let’s say that’s only 10% of the people who collect Macross...so the full market would be around 6000, which again supports the 10,000 total that I speculate. 

Edited by Slave IV

3 hours ago, Valkyrie2008 said:

Wow, NY surprise me today, my two VF-31A Kairos is "Preparation in progress". This is a great Chinese New Year! :yahoo:

*snip*

Congrats! As for me, I'll believe it when I see it!

1001621321_Screenshot2019-02-10at16_56_56.png.1162a70600d53950b235ce32eea26bdc.png

8 minutes ago, Firefox said:

Just bought a second hand VF-31J from Mandarake and realised that the second pilot is missing. Guess the original owner must have loved the booby pilot so much that he/she is willing to sell the 31J but not the booby pilot :D 

You could try emailing them and see what they can do

18 minutes ago, Reïvaj said:

Is there any general concensus about which of the VF-31s is the most handsome looking one? Taking the Kairos aside...

Not including the A. Here's my personal head ranking: C, S, E, J/Kai, F.

Overall color ranking: J/Kai, S, E, F, J, C.

Edited by no3Ljm
Added color ranking.

5 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Does the VF-30 Chronos count? I think it shares the same mold as the VF-31 (replacing the back laser for... something else) and wing extension of a 31A. And that color scheme.. damn...

If VF-30 is included in @Reïvaj's question, then the Chronos is first place in my color scheme ranking.

1 hour ago, Grey728 said:

Does the VF-30 Chronos count? I think it shares the same mold as the VF-31 (replacing the back laser for... something else) and wing extension of a 31A. And that color scheme.. damn...

No, it wasn't included in my question for I don't quite like its battroid mode, but I agree with you its colour scheme is just gorgeous...

Edited by Reïvaj