I have my first experience pre ordering on my cellphone in Hongkong. Certainly an unique experience.

Of course trying to "compete' with a 4g connection is a little naive, but you can't win unless you try right?

It's a little ironic too that I was on a busy street known for selling toys in Shamshuipo. At the end of the day, only hlj was successful. But at least I won't be scrambling around release day. ;)

57 minutes ago, Mommar said:

The RVF-25 was pre-ordered March 4th, 2013. The Vf-25A was pre ordered July 2nd 2013, the YF-25 was March 4th 2014 and the 171’s I can’t seem to find my old receipts for but the first of the 171 Armor parts were pre-ordered April 12, 2013 so at least the Alto version was released before Luca was.

Thanks!  I realized I had my purchase spreadsheet open in the background right after saying I didn't remember when they came out. :lol:

I'm mostly thinking in terms of how long it's been since the initial releases.

Frontier's releases took more or less three years after the start of the v.2 DX lineup.  At the two year mark, we'd gotten Alto, Ozma, Michael, Alto's 171EX, the CF-171, the 30th YF-29, Luca's RVF-25, a re-release of Alto, and the VF-25A.  We're roughly at the two year mark now with Delta, and have had Hayate, Keith, Messer, Mirage, Hayate-Kai, Movie Messer, the Kairos, Arad, and Chuck.

Same number of releases for both series overall, but Frontier just had more variety (especially if you include the wider variety of super/armor/tornado packs), since we got three unique designs, instead of eight 31 repaints, and one 262.  It makes sense really though, since now Bandai has multiple lines of Macross-related merchandise, including the HMR lineup, the DX VF-1, and whatever might follow the YF-19 release.

If we're going to get a 262Ba, I'd guess it's going to be around the three year mark, similar to Luca's RVF-171.  Let's just hope there's another Kairos release in there somewhere.

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

So is it all web exclusive supers and armors from here on out?  Is there even a sliver of a chance of more 262’s?  Even the most likely Mirage variant I can’t see being a general release.

I'm suprised they haven't done the Tan 171 yet.

Just now, Sandman said:

I'm suprised they haven't done the Tan 171 yet.

I'd put this in the same bucket as the 262Ba.  Probably a year three product, mixed in with re-releases, and designs from a second movie, if that happens.  I'll happily pick one up, but given the 171's history and reputation, I'd think that would be even farther down Bandai's priority list than the Ba.

The Ba 262 will be the most reasonable as it was in the Movie and the NUNS 171 are just a blip on the screen. Which one had more screen time (or is equal): 31a or the NUNS 171? I say it was the 31a do to the Armoured packs.   

So now where waiting for the Armoured/ Supers for the rest of the 31 valks for now?

I think that Arad's 31a will be squished into the list.

Edit: I think the second round of the 31a will be easier if Arad's version was made.

Edited by borgified

They haven’t even attempted another 262 though.  Did the first sell so poorly they didn’t even want to try making the prominently featured wingmen?  Or, hopefully, somebody showed a higher up the model version and realized the DX was over-engineered.  I’m going with the first.  I sincerely doubt we’re seeing Elvis Valks though.

I believe that Keith's Hs is clogging up the shelves and no one wants to buy it (even on Manda). :lol:

So has it become another 171 situation? Over engineered and a pain the butt to attempt the transformation; therefore no one else wants to even get a copy. 

19 minutes ago, borgified said:

I believe that Keith's Hs is clogging up the shelves and no one wants to buy it (even on Manda). :lol:

So has it become another 171 situation? Over engineered and a pain the butt to attempt the transformation; therefore no one else wants to even get a copy. 

I’d like to think so but it’s more likely most people just don’t like the character/design.

1 hour ago, borgified said:

The Ba 262 will be the most reasonable as it was in the Movie and the NUNS 171 are just a blip on the screen. Which one had more screen time (or is equal): 31a or the NUNS 171? I say it was the 31a do to the Armoured packs.   

The Ba would be the most reasonable to do, but just like Alto's 171EX, they can market the NUNS tan 171 with Hayate as a hero unit, which is more than you can say for the vast majority of the cardboard boyband squad in Delta.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

They haven’t even attempted another 262 though.  Did the first sell so poorly they didn’t even want to try making the prominently featured wingmen?  Or, hopefully, somebody showed a higher up the model version and realized the DX was over-engineered.  I’m going with the first.  I sincerely doubt we’re seeing Elvis Valks though.

Given Bandai's history, and their unflinching dedication to over-engineering the crap out of everything, I want to say the chances of the second option are non-existent.  While there are changes that could be made to the 262 to simplify it, I think the DX version may have the more screen-accurate transformation, and even with as fragile and overly complex as it seems, we haven't seen mass reports of it breaking... whether that's due to it being unexpectedly sturdy, or just due to lack of widespread ownership to generate breakages is anyone's guess.

I'd happily gobble up more 31As in any format, and Bandai left a big opening for them with Arad, and even the possibility of a -2 release, but I think with so much effort going into the DX VF-1, we're going to see less Delta releases, and not more.  I'd be happy to be wrong about that, but if we don't see more 262 releases (or a 171) soon, I'm thinking Bandai's just going to drive their 31 molds into the ground, and forget the rest of Delta's designs.

Much as I'd love to get a DX Elysium, I think the Quarter's sales numbers nailed that coffin shut before the series began.

48 minutes ago, funkymonkeyjavajunky said:

Ok, late to the party for this preorder. I am amazed this release sold out as fast as the previous ones. Did the Macross Frontier (with radar dome) release sell out as fast? I thought it was available for a while. What is different (both releases have armor)?

The Frontier 171EX Alto got snapped up quickly within 17 seconds (according to what Shin mentioned on another site) and I think Luca's was opened a bit longer.  Chuck's 31e has a foldable randome (unlike Luca's unit as an separate complete dish) and armed. With Luca's, the vane attachments are shown and not hidden (both on the 25 and 171), while with Chuck's, its the randome that folds in and stays hidden unless you know where to look for it.   

4 minutes ago, borgified said:

The Frontier 171EX Alto got snapped up quickly within 17 seconds (according to what Shin mentioned on another site) and I think Luca's was opened a bit longer.  Chuck's 31e has a foldable randome (unlike Luca's unit as an separate complete dish) and armed. With Luca's, the vane attachments are shown and not hidden (both on the 25 and 171), while with Chuck's, its the randome that folds in and stays hidden unless you know where to look for it.   

For some members, different transformation or hidden radome is a reason causing 31E sold fast. For me, because I want to complete the squad since I have previous 4x 31s. I bet this reason also causing 31E sold out fast.

DX Chogokin VF-31E pre-order madness

AVAILABLE (maybe):

18,400 yen price increased to 24,000 yen - Nippon-Yasan  https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/27357-macross-delta-dx-chogokin-vf-31e-siegfried-chuck-mustang-custom.html  (warning: some have reported getting cancel emails after placing orders)

QUESTIONABLE REPUTATION:

$279.90 - Kurama Shop  http://www.bandaionline.com/dx-chogokin-vf-31e-siegfried-chuck-mustang-custom-macross-delta-action-figure/

SOLD OUT:

20,150 yen - Ami-Ami  https://www.amiami.com/eng/special/?page=FIGURE-045897

20,900 yen - Hobby Search  https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10589490

22,000 yen - Hobby Link Japan  https://hlj.com/dx-chogokin-vf-31e-siegfried-chuck-mustang-use-bans55652

22,000 yen - Anime Export  http://www.anime-export.com/product/42938

22,000 yen  price increased to 23,760 yen - CDJapan  http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-321622

$191.38  price increased to $224.96 - Nin-Nin  https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japanese-import-hobbies-toys-game-character/30406-macross-delta-vf-31e-siegfried-chuck-mustang-use-dx-chogokin--4573102556523.html

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Your know your fiance suspects that a Macross toy pre-order event must have just happened when he finds you asleep sitting on the toilet for 3 hours. *sigh*

I think we all need to hear how this conversation went.

2 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Your know your fiance suspects that a Macross toy pre-order event must have just happened when he finds you asleep sitting on the toilet for 3 hours. *sigh*

Oof. That must have left a mark. 

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

I think we all need to hear how this conversation went.

All I remember was that I went to the bathroom to pee. I felt like I did one of those long blinks, closing my eyes for several seconds. Next thing I know, I hear "Babe, wake up" and I find myself still in the bathroom with one of my cats sleeping on my lap and two more sleeping near my feet.... and my fiance standing in front of me with his phone out taking a picture. 

The conversation went sort of like,,,

"Huh?"

"<insert laughing> You fell asleep. How long have you been sitting there?"

"Maybe 5:30?"

"It's almost 8:30 <insert more laughter>"

"Did you take a photo of me?"

"<insert more laughter> Don't worry, the cat kept you decent"

Anyways... I think I will go back to bed and die of embarrassment. Also have a pretty bad migraine *sigh*.

At least my cats don't laugh at me. *cry*

I gave up on following this thread last night after all the aborted pre-order attempts and glitchy vendor sites made for the kind of frustration that tempts one to seriously consider throwing whatever browsing device being used against the closest wall.  Due to the extra adrenaline the whole experience generated I could not get back to sleep and decided to check AE on a last ditch whim around 3 am, and lo and behold, the dang thing was up and still available, so I clicked the button and successfully completed the purchase process... things just work so weirdly some times.  Although I deep;y dislike prepaying for an item that shouldn't ordinarily require it, I'm glad I was able to secure a copy, which also allowed me to sleep like a baby afterwards.  So... :yahoo:

3 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Wait. You've been on the toilet while compiling and watching those PO links? :shok:

By the way, did you manage to score a VF-31E for yourself last night?

2 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Wait. You've been on the toilet while compiling and watching those PO links? :shok:

No no,. I went to the bathroom afterwards, shortly after my fiance got home from work and we went to bed.

4 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

By the way, did you manage to score a VF-31E for yourself last night?

Fortunately, I got one in from AmiAmi.

Just now, Shizuka the Cat said:

Fortunately, I got one in from AmiAmi.

That's great! Glad you scored one from AmiAmi. I've been trying to get one from them ever since and all I get is the Unavailable Message.

And also it's weird on compiling those links and not getting one for yourself. ^_^ 

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

All I remember was that I went to the bathroom to pee. I felt like I did one of those long blinks, closing my eyes for several seconds. Next thing I know, I hear "Babe, wake up" and I find myself still in the bathroom with one of my cats sleeping on my lap and two more sleeping near my feet.... and my fiance standing in front of me with his phone out taking a picture. 

The conversation went sort of like,,,

"Huh?"

"<insert laughing> You fell asleep. How long have you been sitting there?"

"Maybe 5:30?"

"It's almost 8:30 <insert more laughter>"

"Did you take a photo of me?"

"<insert more laughter> Don't worry, the cat kept you decent"

Anyways... I think I will go back to bed and die of embarrassment. Also have a pretty bad migraine *sigh*.

At least my cats don't laugh at me. *cry*

BEST PRE-ORDER STORY.....EVER!:lol:

20 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Can anyone help me do a recap of which POs sold by amazon.jp (non third party seller) shipped internationally?

DX VF-1J - yes

HMR VF-4 - yes

HMR VF-1D - yes

DX YF-19 - no? Can’t remember

VF-31E - no

any others?

The HMR VF-4 wasn’t.

3 hours ago, seti88 said:

And that’s how chucks radone is folded up folks!

81B1E5CE-ADC5-4AF2-8D4E-66889896995C.thumb.jpeg.993a08624aef282b26acda561673329f.jpeg

That’s pretty cool.

6 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

Does that mean that the radome is confirmed to be removable?

Was there ever any question? It's a pod, same as the charger+gun pod, and mounts on the same peg. That's the way it works in the series, and in the master file, and the way that's cheaper to make.

42 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

Does that mean that the radome is confirmed to be removable?

Also means you can mount whatever other pod you happen to have on Chuck's ride if  you want to give him weapons. ^_^ 

I actually forget if he used the sound booster styled pod during the asteroid battle episode though.