2 minutes ago, Firefox said:

Valkyrie Factory actually takes deposit for the VF-31S (below) I just hope they make a VF-31A

https://showzstore.com/pre-order-valkyrie-factory-vf-1-60-macross-delta-vf-31j-siegfried-hayate-immermann-machine-modelaf27_p1176.html

It's the J, but okay. It's already been mentioned here, so best to restrict further discussion to the KO thread.

At the risk of giving any further legitimacy to a verboten topic, if V-Fac does produce a VF-31A, KO be damned, I'll be all over it; it would serve Bandai right for flubbing that particular release so badly.  Would I prefer the official thing?  Sure, but not at current artificial-scarcity scalper prices...  So KO it will be.

9 hours ago, mechaninac said:

At the risk of giving any further legitimacy to a verboten topic, if V-Fac does produce a VF-31A, KO be damned, I'll be all over it; it would serve Bandai right for flubbing that particular release so badly.  Would I prefer the official thing?  Sure, but not at current artificial-scarcity scalper prices...  So KO it will be.

I agree. I’ll go further and include any exclusive armour and super part releases as well. It’s ridiculous how you can’t get these without crazy aftermarket prices if you miss the initial release.

Talking about scarcity for recent Bandai DX releases. I'm not sure if it is Bandai's fault or the distributors' making. Before VF-31A, Bandai DX is hard to get but not impossible, but after 31A it is almost impossible unless you are willing to pay the ridiculous prices. I ordered the recent DX VF-1J online and just received an email from the site saying that there was a reduction of the 1J being made according to the site's normal distributors. Hence my pre-order can't be fulfilled. Since all these items are pre-ordered, wouldn't Bandai knew exactly the number of units that they need to make to meet the demand, otherwise, why bother about pre-order? Why a reduction of number? How does that benefit Bandai? It begins to sound like the distributors knew that the Macross fans are willing to pay any price to get the items (as evident in the past in Arcadia and presently Bandai), they just hold certain amount of items back and re-sell it later for a much bigger margin. Though a long shot, I hope Bandai could do something about it, like running a second release.

The VF-1J wasn’t made to order, it was a standard release where Bandai made X toys and the distributors ordered from that pool. 

The separate missiles are a Tamashii Web Exclusive, which are made to order, which is why they’re still up for grabs. 

The VF-31A was made to order, but it’s suspected that manufacturing defects and/or difficulties restricted supply to less than was ordered, leading to scarcity. Nippon-Yasan has been slowly filling these orders for almost a year now. 

I honestly don’t know if Bandai cares about the aftermarket, or about the prices certain toys it makes can command after release. If they did, they’d look at the fact the 31A can get about $500 US, correctly deduce there’s still demand, and make another run of 31As to satisfy it, whether just another run, Arad’s custom 31A, or another 31A release with a new modex number. 

2 hours ago, Sildani said:

The VF-1J wasn’t made to order, it was a standard release where Bandai made X toys and the distributors ordered from that pool. 

The separate missiles are a Tamashii Web Exclusive, which are made to order, which is why they’re still up for grabs. 

The VF-31A was made to order, but it’s suspected that manufacturing defects and/or difficulties restricted supply to less than was ordered, leading to scarcity. Nippon-Yasan has been slowly filling these orders for almost a year now. 

I honestly don’t know if Bandai cares about the aftermarket, or about the prices certain toys it makes can command after release. If they did, they’d look at the fact the 31A can get about $500 US, correctly deduce there’s still demand, and make another run of 31As to satisfy it, whether just another run, Arad’s custom 31A, or another 31A release with a new modex number. 

and thus bandai’s message is...buy the pre-order or regret it and live with not knowing if there will be more...cue *maniacal laughter*

If we're 31A theory-cracking again, my personal theory is that Bandai had a schedule laid out based on the series, and then when the movie came out Bandai decided they couldn't let it pass without a tie-in. Suddenly, molds and factory lines had to be reassigned from the 31A to the 31F, and things went screwy.

Imagine Doc Brown drawing on a blackboard, Messer is Old Biff, and now we're all living in alternate 1985 waiting for PO'd 31As and Chuck's release.

So the next Bandai announcement for a June release has to be a Delta toy right? Either Chuck or Armor most likely though there are some potential wild cards out there. It seems like the armor was the thing they were teasing the most.

Just now, jenius said:

So the next Bandai announcement for a June release has to be a Delta toy right? Either Chuck or Armor most likely though there are some potential wild cards out there. It seems like the armor was the thing they were teasing the most.

So that interns the Armoured for Arad will be one first and then the Supers or the Supers and then the Armoured pack? I think that we all will find out soon.

First new update 18 mins later..

Movie version VF-31F is up for grabs if anyone is interested on Amiami (Item A/Box B) for roughly 18.5k yen.

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-039718-R

Edit: 2nd update (11 mins later)..

31a is up on Amiami also (Item A/Box B) for 55k yen. If anyone wants one, here's your chance otherwise it's gone from this provider.

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-037326-R

Edited by borgified

On 1/3/2019 at 4:38 AM, mechaninac said:

All of the above! B))

4 hours ago, Rogueload said:

Redid the sides on the chest and the legs on the super parts so they were anime accurate on the 31S.  This is turning into one of my favs!!

4B835D24-C562-4414-818B-4B5A07926262.jpeg

Very nice! Looks way better than the armor pack! 

4 hours ago, Rogueload said:

Redid the sides on the chest and the legs on the super parts so they were anime accurate on the 31S.  This is turning into one of my favs!!

LOVE IT!!

34 minutes ago, brouken said:

Very nice! Looks way better than the armor pack! 

Yes, and less space too! More reason for me to forego the armor, for the supers.

Then, its just the a matter of when or if bandai will release the supers..thats the annoying part....

On 1/5/2019 at 10:01 PM, Sildani said:

Looking at the huge number of toys Bandai produce, I doubt they'll bother until it's time for some sort of re-issue at their own schedule/pace. I would imagine their production schedules for all their lines are locked in place for the next 1 year or so and they can't disrupt it much.

In fact other then Frontier renewals I don't think any other macross DXes had any kind of re-issue right? Perhaps too "small" a fan base compared to franchises like Gundam.

Edited by eXis10z

9 hours ago, Rogueload said:

4B835D24-C562-4414-818B-4B5A07926262.jpeg

Loving this, @Rogueload. You're giving Arad's 31S ride some justice. :good: :wub: 

Wish Bandai will release the 31S Super Parts soon. 8)

2 hours ago, brouken said:

Man! You got me all excited that I clicked the link without thinking hoping to get in a preorder of Arad's supers!

Well played sir, well played. :lol:

Hahaha! Me too, Brouken. Until I re-read again the link. :lol:

But guess what, I think this is the correct link: https://www.nippon-yasan.com/24267-macross-delta-super-parts-set-for-dx-chogokin-vf-31s-siegfried-arad-molders-custom-limited-edition.html

Don't you want to click it? :rolleyes:

Oh, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be downvoted by my secret follower. :rofl:

19 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hahaha! Me too, Brouken. Until I re-read again the link. :lol:

But guess what, I think this is the correct link: https://www.nippon-yasan.com/24267-macross-delta-super-parts-set-for-dx-chogokin-vf-31s-siegfried-arad-molders-custom-limited-edition.html

Don't you want to click it? :rolleyes:

Oh, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be downvoted by my secret follower. :rofl:

Oh man, you even got me with that one no3l, and I don't even want these supers! :pardon:

I went through an ordeal with Mandarake with a Movie edition VF-31F Messer, it was listed as opened for 16,000 JPY which I was happy with, on arrival the toy was covered in dust and the intakes/legs had some sort of grey glue and a gap in that area, the legs were hard to pivot on that point. I got in contact straight away and they offered me a discount if I kept the toy which I did. The issue though is with the refund they offered me, instead of just refunding that amount, they refunded me the whole amount and then charged me again for the price adjusted figure without informing that this is how they do it, so as a result I was out of pocket for over 2 weeks both the refund amount and the new amount they charged. I will take some photos of the area when I get home as I hadn't seen this sort of glue before.

Edited by Saviant

1 minute ago, Saviant said:

I went through an ordeal with Mandarake with a Movie edition VF-31F Messer, it was listed as opened for 16,000 JPY which I was happy with, on arrival the toy was covered in dust and the intakes/legs had some sort of grey glue and a gap in that area, the legs were hard to pivot on that point. I got in contact straight away and they offered me a discount if I kept the toy which I did. The issue though is with the refund they offered me, instead of just refunding that amount, they refunded me the whole amount and then charged me again for the price adjusted figure without informing that this is how they do it, so as a result I was out of pocket for over 2 weeks both the refund amount and the new amount they charged. I will take some photos of the area when I get home as I hadn't seen this sort of glue before.

That sucks man. I’ve always got awesome items from Mandarake. How much of a discount did they give?

@Saviant: 16k yen for the Movie Messer is a good deal, however the "glue glob" has gotten me and others curious.

If it was dusty, I'll let it pass; however I do give each valk I receive gets a lookover and a wipe down with a microfibre cloth (slightly damp).  If you want the Supers, you're going to resort going through Proxies to get it.

Edited by borgified

7 minutes ago, borgified said:

@Saviant: 16k yen for the Movie Messer is a good deal, however the "glue glob" has gotten me and others curious.

If it was dusty, I'll let it pass; however I do give each valk I receive gets a lookover and a wipe down with a microfibre cloth (slightly damp).  If you want the Supers, you're going to resort going through Proxies to get it.

The 16k was before I found it had the issues, so in the end I paid 11k for it. Though they don't know how it got through being checked before being sold was why I got the discount on it, I will have the photos uploaded when I get home, but when checking it out and taking photos for manda there were pry marks in the back of the gerwalk joint on 1 of the legs and a stress mark on one of the back fins which might of been from an impact so I wouldn't be suprised if someone brought the movie edition and put the original release in the box and traded it in.

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

On the contrary, since you clicked it, we now know that you 'want' it. :acute:

Nah, I just want Bandai to actually get on with releasing things so I can score the AP, 31E and the 31A SP if Bandai decides to make them. Strange as it may seem, I'm ready to take a break from buying Delta stuff, since I already bought at least twice as many Delta releases as I meant to :blink:

3 minutes ago, WaferMouse said:

Nah, I just want Bandai to actually get on with releasing things so I can score the AP, 31E and the 31A SP if Bandai decides to make them. Strange as it may seem, I'm ready to take a break from buying Delta stuff, since I already bought at least twice as many Delta releases as I meant to :blink:

Same here, I really only wanted the VF-31C with super parts and the VF-31A and I ended up with 2 A, 2 C and all but Arad so far :)

34 minutes ago, Rogueload said:

I’m curious how the randome on the 31E is gonna fold up behind the Valk in batroid mode.  Either way that will be one sweet looking bird when it comes out. And of course we need the supers for it too! 

Pretty easily, actually. The 31 master file has some pictures of how the pod looks with the dish folded up.

1 hour ago, ridgebacks said:

fsPKVZ6.png

Didn't get an email but when I checked my order history out of the blue...

I almost give up on my 31A order. At least NY kept their promise and actually fulfill the order instead of cancel it even after all those time. 

they're playing waiting game with you either you ask them to cancel your order for store credit or for them to give up first and give you your valk. XD