12 hours ago, Dirtyboy said:

I think in fighter mode the Super packs just dont work, the boosters just seem silly to be honest.

They grow on you... I thought the same 'till I got my DX 31C all dressed up.

On 11/23/2018 at 4:41 PM, Lolicon said:

Fantastic!

Messer's dead so it's not like he was using them. :D

"So these are available right?"

21 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Hey Saburo,

I like how you’re mess-ering with those super parts. Looks really good on the Kairos.

:D :lol:

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg.9a34caef68cf06eb39ec6b6407a3c466.jpg

19 hours ago, Dirtyboy said:

I think in fighter mode the Super packs just dont work, the boosters just seem silly to be honest.

17 hours ago, Sildani said:

HERETIC!!!

7 hours ago, slide said:

They grow on you... I thought the same 'till I got my DX 31C all dressed up.

If he does change his mind afterwards that is. As for now...

Edit: Nah.... It's too late to change his mind after being speared by these guys. :p

Edited by borgified

It's here!  I didn't have time to do much with it yet, but unpack it.  Gotta hand it to NY, they came through, even if their communication and general customer service left much to be desired.  Now I can finally join the chorus of people wanting an Arad variant!

100_1228 small.JPG

Since that  @Saburo posted Arad's 31s, who will be getting both the Supers and the Armoured "Stampede" Valk vibe? 

Even though I do like the "Stampede" version, it's the weight of the Armour on the valk that gets me leery as there's six (?) stands in total that holds up the entire completed set. 

Isn't safe to say that some of us that wanted the Armoured set for Arad's 31s originally got turned off when we found out that it was to be in Orange and not either in Red/Teal? :pardon:

4 hours ago, seti88 said:

arad rocks! For a moment there the line on the floor looked like extra antennae  poking out...very aggressive like a tribal bone across!:D

And for the 31a lovers...

Wow, that’s like a toned down version of the armor.  Pretty cool looking.  Especially the change from twin cannons to the over head missiles and upgraded gunpod.

I am loving Gerwalk there!!!

Edited by Mommar

8 hours ago, borgified said:

Since that  @Saburo posted Arad's 31s, who will be getting both the Supers and the Armoured "Stampede" Valk vibe? 

Even though I do like the "Stampede" version, it's the weight of the Armour on the valk that gets me leery as there's six (?) stands in total that holds up the entire completed set. 

Isn't safe to say that some of us that wanted the Armoured set for Arad's 31s originally got turned off when we found out that it was to be in Orange and not either in Red/Teal? :pardon:

Actually i am having 2nd tots abt the armored just because of the space it will take up. And also the fact that the majority of the armor areas are mainly in white...too much white, in comparison with ozma's 25 armored..I would probably prefer the supers in this sense...will see how it goes when more pics of the armored 31 is out.

6 hours ago, Mommar said:

Wow, that’s like a toned down version of the armor.  Pretty cool looking.  Especially the change from twin cannons to the over head missiles and upgraded gunpod.

I am loving Gerwalk there!!!

yeah gerwalk seems to be like a mini walking gatling gun platform. :spiteful:

in fact i cant wait till bandai releases the A kits...and then slap on gundam armaments on it!

wehere issit bandai!!:5:

I'm still on the fence about getting Arad's armour, as:

(A) I don't really like the white and orange colour scheme.

(B) It's gonna be a joint-killer and definitely accelerate wear on the joints of the host VF-31S, turning it into a froppy mess sooner rather than later.

(C) Its also gonna be a huge shelf hog / display cabinet hog in any mode. I'm running out of display space unless I pack away about 3 other Valk toys to make room.

(D) Not really sure I like the design, it looks too much like some of the overly wacky and excessive designs from some of the worst Gundam animes.

18 hours ago, seti88 said:

arad rocks! For a moment there the line on the floor looked like extra antennae  poking out...very aggressive like a tribal bone across!:D

And for the 31a lovers...

Yeah it is too much happening here, even if the colours are good. I mean you can barely see the VF-31 anymore. given how great the VF-31 looks I wouldnt want to cover it up. 

Maybe, just maybe, if Bandai decides to make the plastic of the cantilevered parts of the armor super-light (like their figuarts plastic) I could see how it wouldn't necessarily put too much strain on the fig, though the extra stands present on the display make me think otherwise.  I was going to buy Arad just to get something to put armor on, but yeah, definitely reconsidering at this point, leaning towards "skip."  If they come out with Kairos armor, I'd probably buy a set just to have, even if I try it once and then put it back in the box, for completist sake.

There's still another delta movie coming, right?  Maybe we'll see a tornado-like equivalent of more "moderate" armor?  I really like the FP armor outside of the boosters- I think that's the one thing that doesn't really integrate well with the design.  I was hoping they'd have the boosters out on the wing tips, like the tornado pack, as it would then have much more of a spacecraft look rather than "airplane plus stuff" look.

Given how cheap 25G tornado packs are.... maybe it's time to 3d print me an adapter :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys! @Lolicon, I totally agree with you, I would also add that there is something going on with its delta wings, they look perfectly shaped and sized on the 31A compared to the forward wings that looks oversized and gives the other variants a sense of being too large for the scale...

Additionally, I wonder how difficult would it be to find clear replacement canopies?

Edited by Xigfrid

10 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

Thanks guys! @Lolicon, I totally agree with you, I would also add that there is something going on with its delta wings, they look perfectly shaped and sized on the 31A compared to the forward wings that looks oversized and gives the other variants a sense of being too large for the scale...

Additionally, I wonder how difficult would it be to find clear replacement canopies?

I think the entire VF-31 series would have been soooo much better if they dropped the forward swept wings altogether.

6 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I think the entire VF-31 series would have been soooo much better if they dropped the forward swept wings altogether.

That's a matter of personal opinion, to that I would have given this series a hard pass if the -31 didn't have the forward swept design.

5 minutes ago, Focslain said:

That's a matter of personal opinion, to that I would have given this series a hard pass if the -31 didn't have the forward swept design.

I agree - it's just personal preference really.  I still bought the -31F and -31S in my collection and I like them *almost* as much as the -31A, haha!

Imo the delta vf 31 forward wings look smaller in proportion to the whole jet.

If you have a yf 29 around (w/o superparts) you will see the wingspan size proportions right away, if compared.

But then again, bigger wings mean bigger backpack

Still the vf 31 is a nice design. 

1 hour ago, rdrunner said:

But... isn't it supposed to look like a "W?"  As in "walkure?"

Not that I'm a huge fan of walkure, but you kind of want your shameless brand sellout vehicle supporting cast to support what you're actually selling.