7 minutes ago, ChaoticYeti said:

So weird. Has anyone received their 31a from NY in the brown tamashii box? Seems like an odd point to make, but this is the first time I have received an exclusive without it.

I did, but I got it in the first batch way back when it was initially released and I ordered it within the first minute of the pre-order.

1 hour ago, ChaoticYeti said:

So weird. Has anyone received their 31a from NY in the brown tamashii box? Seems like an odd point to make, but this is the first time I have received an exclusive without it.

I got mine with the brown shipping box.  Single order from N-Y.  Second batch (June) shipment. But tbh it didn't matter to me too much as I wasn't planning on selling it anyway.

Pretty sure NY is picking them up anywhere they can from resellers at this point.

I'm of two minds about this.  On the one hand, the lack of any communication about this nonsense is insanely frustrating... but at the same time, I have to wonder if NY is actually shelling out to acquire these on the secondary market, and taking a huge financial loss to fulfill their orders.

I honestly don't understand why they refuse to explain anything about this mess, but whatever the reason actually is, it's not doing their reputation any favors.

Edited by Chronocidal

4 hours ago, ChaoticYeti said:

The one I received from NY last July didn't include the Tamashii Brown Box.

Edited by no3Ljm

4 hours ago, ChaoticYeti said:

Mine was shipped end of march and came in the brown tamashii box (just had to rummage my storage as I did not remembered it came within the brown box :blink:)

Just now, CrossAir said:

Mine was shipped end of march and came in the brown tamashii box (just had to rummage my storage as I did not remembered it came within the brown box :blink:)

Mine came in July. No tamashii box. Mine was also missing the pilot figure and some blemishes on the right wing. =(

19 minutes ago, Wally said:

Mine came in July. No tamashii box. Mine was also missing the pilot figure and some blemishes on the right wing. =(

I got the pilot figure. But I have a blemish on the lower side of the right wing, too. But as it is the lower side it is not to be noticed - at least in fighter mode.

No brown shipper for me, mine was a later delivery. I don't think they're getting them on the secondary market, i wish we knew the story though. i know in manufacturing there are times when entire lots are rejected for QC purposes even when only a few items are affected. My guess is that Bandai rejected a production run and now those are finding there way to the market. 

Edited by jenius

That would make sense as well, but why the missing shipper boxes?  That just seems odd to me, and if Bandai had rejected a production run, wouldn't there be some notification somewhere that that's what happened? 

I know we have folks in Japan able to pick up on those sorts of things locally, but I don't think there has been any sort of official news on why the 31A release has been such a mess.

I hope Bandai announces something soon, starting to have doubts on the 31A SPs and 31E. Once the 31F w/ clips and Lil Drakens ship, there's nothing queued up for Delta.

What are other people's thoughts? This is the first time I've followed a series like this so I've no idea what the pace of releases was for eg. Frontier. Was Delta more popular with the idol fans as opposed to mecha fans in Japan?

Maybe they're just taking their sweet time molding all those huge APs? Or could the 31A issues have forced delays in the rest of the series?

Once bandai figures out how to fold the radome in DX ^_^ hmmm now you brought up chuck and my mind is on the AP....

perhaps bandai needs to figure out how to remove the radome, if there is potentially going to be a chuck AP set as well?

is the charger on the DX 31 even removable?? I don't have messer on hand, so can't check. I didn't seem to recall removing his charger pack...

Edited by seti88

2 hours ago, Scyla said:

It will probably be an Armor Part announcement though. -_-:)

Thought they already did that, back when they announced the Arad VF-31S?

I distinctly remember seeing a teaser for the Armored Pack on their website.

13 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Thought they already did that, back when they announced the Arad VF-31S?

I distinctly remember seeing a teaser for the Armored Pack on their website.

They did. It’s at the bottom of this page:

https://sp.tamashii.jp/special/macross/vf-31s/vf31_info.jpg

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

25 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Same as HMR thread, HLJ are selling preowned items.

DX VF-31J: https://hlj.com/product/POW-1-BANN06298/Act

DX VF-25S Armored (dunno if it's 1.0 or Renewal): https://hlj.com/product/POW-1-BAN956817/Sci

The VF-25S is the 1.0 version

16 hours ago, WaferMouse said:

I hope Bandai announces something soon, starting to have doubts on the 31A SPs and 31E. Once the 31F w/ clips and Lil Drakens ship, there's nothing queued up for Delta.

What are other people's thoughts? This is the first time I've followed a series like this so I've no idea what the pace of releases was for eg. Frontier. Was Delta more popular with the idol fans as opposed to mecha fans in Japan?

Maybe they're just taking their sweet time molding all those huge APs? Or could the 31A issues have forced delays in the rest of the series?

Don't be in a hurry to send your wallet to hell. The time will come. :p

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

Thanks sildani. Hmm this means we can potentially swap the armor pack energy cannons onto any other 31 valk...am thinking of the A!

You're not the only one with that thought. The 31A may get an armored pack itself, however, as it was shown in the movie with one.