Hello everyone

I'm a collector the DX Chogokin VF-31 series of figures and I currently own the VF-31J, F, C and A models with the super parts for the J and F.

However, yesterday I received the VF-31S with the super parts for the C model and both packs contained two sets of reaction missiles. 

I like the inclusion of these but now I have two models complete with super parts but no missiles and two with both.

Therefore, I would like to ask the questions:

Does anyone know if Bandai are going to release all future VF-31 models and SPs with these missiles?

If so, is there somewhere I can buy the reaction missiles on their own. They are exactly the same design and colours, so I just need spares? 

No one knows.

But bandai has the tendency to standardize their package, in a way, a new addition to this toy will always be included in the future toy in the same line. So the Missiles might become standard with the SUper parts moving forward?

There is no place to buy off these missiles. You can probably have these recasted and repainted by an experienced modeller.

Thank you for the reply.

Hopefully (fingers crossed) later on down the line Bandai will realise and supply these, perhaps as a separate purchase, to account for the first two figures not having them.

Still, even if not, two figures out of six without missiles won't look too out of place. 

I've seen images of a VF-31D...looks rather cool in black :)

31D? The top secret valk? ;)

Well in terms of ordinance i have seen folks use ordinances from these on the 31...

171-Plus-Armor-2.jpg.f8417e35bf3fffb6e6046f8e7278bafb.jpg

and the future DX 19 will also pack 4 reaction missiles....

item_0000012553_uGBjdPGe_08.jpg.5541e2906c0071e8b9e004861bf1b110.jpg

Though you may want to paint the tips red yourself to match mirage and arad... plus note that you would also need to have the twin pylon for mounting 2 missiles on each forearm, which unfortunately isnt available unless 3D printed and you will need to punch holes in the side of the missiles......

just something to consider?....

Edited by seti88

The VF-31D would be a neat addition, altgough reading further I see it was a painted model.

CwGNrUxUsAA6OzR.jpg.b0ad4b95082230482d380d0f81d29942.jpg

Too bad really, I'd love for Bandai to issue this one.

I must admit the DX 19 Advanced is on my shopping list and all those weapons would definitely leave me spoilt for choice with regards display options lol

45 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

We can hope it gets made, since it's the only VF-31 that hasn't yet (other than Arad's VF-31A, or VF-31A #2).

Who knows, maybe we'll just see armored and super packs every couple of months for a year...

For me, I rather see them finish the Delta Platoon with Chuck's VF-31E before diving it again with the VF-31A scheme.

Just now, no3Ljm said:

For me, I rather see them finish the Delta Platoon with Chuck's VF-31E before diving it again with the VF-31A scheme.

I'm still waiting for the FIRST VF-31A scheme. <_< 

I've been poking NY every week or so about it, and gotten nowhere.  At this point, I almost don't care quite as much about the actual valks as I do finding out who to slap for this pile of nonsense.

17 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm still waiting for the FIRST VF-31A scheme. <_< 

I've been poking NY every week or so about it, and gotten nowhere.  At this point, I almost don't care quite as much about the actual valks as I do finding out who to slap for this pile of nonsense.

Sorry to hear about that Chronocidal. I'm just referring on Arad's VF-31A. ^_^

34 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Sorry to hear about that Chronocidal. I'm just referring on Arad's VF-31A. ^_^

Honestly, at this point, I'd take either.  Wouldn't be too hard to scrape off the dragon marking, and then I'd at least have one numbered something other than 3. :lol: 

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Honestly, at this point, I'd take either.  Wouldn't be too hard to scrape off the dragon marking, and then I'd at least have one numbered something other than 3. :lol: 

Actually, it is kind of hard to scrape off the marking. I tried it on my other Messer using thinner but it won't. Don't want to scrape it too hard that I might damage the under paint so I stopped. :unsure:

Glad to see some continued progress.

I'm really trying to imagine what went wrong for them to be in this situation, and the only thing that seems to fit is that they were flat denied a portion of their orders, and they're having to pick these up on the secondary market.  It doesn't excuse the lack of communication, but I have to wonder if they're taking a huge financial loss trying to fill the orders.

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Bandai's apparently cracked down on grey market sellers of their Metal Build stuff, last 2 P-Bandai Metal builds were instantly sold out at NY.

VF-31A may have been a similar issue.

If you're talking about the MB Gernsback and the Gunbarrel strike, yeah it seems it was instantly sold out the moment it was posted in NY. Though these are Limited items with low household limit so that would explain the quantity. Was able to snag orders for both from MyKombini but let's see if they can deliver (heard that they sometimes can't fulfill orders for limited items such as this)

4 minutes ago, eXis10z said:

With the launch of the P-Bandai sites in the various areas, it's cheaper getting straight from P-Bandai itself.

If what you're looking for is available on your country's P-Bandai sight, that is.

The US one only ever had 1 thing I wanted: the metal Composite Wing Zero.

Hopefully the re-launch expands the selection.

2 minutes ago, pafy6285 said:

If you're talking about the MB Gernsback and the Gunbarrel strike, yeah it seems it was instantly sold out the moment it was posted in NY. Though these are Limited items with low household limit so that would explain the quantity. Was able to snag orders for both from MyKombini but let's see if they can deliver (heard that they sometimes can't fulfill orders for limited items such as this)

I ended up going through a couple different proxy sights, ZenMarket and FromJapan. Had to pay up front though, oof.:vava:

Edited by Sanity is Optional

2 minutes ago, eXis10z said:

With the launch of the P-Bandai sites in the various areas, it's cheaper getting straight from P-Bandai itself.

That's if they post the figures/items you want. For example, PBandai US was launched but seems to be forgotten already for several months. The last exclusive or sought after item posted there was the GFFMC Wing Zero. I heard that they'll revamp the PBandai sites so hopefully it's not just a cosmetic change. Currently, I believe only the PBandai SG, HK and TW sells the same items as the JP counterpart.

3 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I ended up going through a couple different proxy sights, ZenMarket and FromJapan. Had to pay up front though, oof.:vava:

Mykombini only asked for 50% down but again, let's if they can fulfill. Also tried the proxies but unfortunately I was also late and they reached their limit.

6 hours ago, pafy6285 said:

so is it safe to get the pre order from ebay? if u missed it by 1 day?