10 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Your “S” collection is lacking a couple more valks. I don’t see the 17S, 19S, 22S, unless you have them displayed elsewhere.

There’s also an Ozma YF-29 which doesn’t officially have the “S” designation, but it definitely looks like one.

And if you really want to be a completionist at the 1/60 scale, maybe you’ll have to get the awful VF-2SS from Evolution Toys haha.

IMHO, S types with other variants are Squadron Leaders while S types without are Special Ops. 

I've always wondered why they changed the lettering after the original 2 series (time wise)   S = Squadron Leader   J= Group Leader  A = Basic loadout  D = 2 Seaters.

That was the same for Zero, Original and Even Seven.   Since Frontier and Delta its all over the place now.   The only thing they kept the same is S and A

Took some pics earlier of Arad's VF-31S equipped with Mirage's VF-31C Super Parts. Yup, like I mentioned before it's too bad that it wasn't in the same red/ruby shade. But hey, I'm lovin' it. :wub:

iN8nSvO.jpg 

0IEtw2S.jpg 

wQrO0ax.jpg 

wpxhD6l.jpg 

NOCBqo9.jpg 

wllmY9v.jpg 

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Took some pics earlier of Arad's VF-31S equipped with Mirage's VF-31C Super Parts. Yup, like I mentioned before it's too bad that it wasn't in the same red/ruby shade. But hey, I'm lovin' it. :wub:

iN8nSvO.jpg 

0IEtw2S.jpg 

wQrO0ax.jpg 

wpxhD6l.jpg 

NOCBqo9.jpg 

wllmY9v.jpg 

Looks good! I don’t mind unmatching colors on war machines. They aren’t trying to win a fashion contest. 

I like that combo of using Mirage's Supers on Arad's 31s @no3Ljm. I'm thinking that Hayate's Supers might be a too rich of a blue for the 31s (don't know if you're going to attempt that)?

Here's the question if and when Arad's Supers get released (once the Stampede-ish armour is released), I take it that Supers will be in Orange?    

Edit: @Slave IV; Your above quote made me think of this... :p

Edited by borgified

13 minutes ago, borgified said:

I like that combo of using Mirage's Supers on Arad's 31s @no3Ljm. I'm thinking that Hayate's Supers might be a too rich of a blue for the 31s (don't know if you're going to attempt that)?

Here's the question if and when Arad's Supers get released (once the Stampede-ish armour is released), I take it that Supers will be in Orange?    

Edit: @Slave IV; Your above quote made me think of this... :p

:p

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

iN8nSvO.jpg 

0IEtw2S.jpg 

wQrO0ax.jpg 

These combo actually looks great, I didn't picked up any super parts as I wanted to keep my fighters natural and naked, otherwise I would setup this same setup. 

Thanks for sharing No3Ljm.

I feel like I’m the only one that doesn’t like the look of putting super parts on valkyries that don’t correspond to them (e.g. Hayate’s on Messer, Messer’s on the 31A, Mirage’s on Arad, etc). The color matching or layout just looks off to me.

For thos that do like those looks, are you only doing that as a temporary thing? Or will you actually keep that look even if you have the official super parts?

17 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

In your pictures, they look almost the same shade, and always better than the “official” super colors. 

You're right. They almost look the same esp at first glance or from far away. 

17 hours ago, seti88 said:

Arad is that you? :) Nice shots noel!

The red in battroid is a bit chaotic, but i thk works best in fighter mode to complement the front section with a dash at the back. ^_^

This is actually true, Seti. I think this combination only works best in Fighter mode. But you really have to admit it, it's better than the orange motif Armored Pack, right? ^_^

11 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Looks good! I don’t mind unmatching colors on war machines. They aren’t trying to win a fashion contest. 

I agree too. But just so you know, even if I'm going to buy Arad's VF-31S Armored Pack, I am really not happy with the Orange color motif. :lol:

10 hours ago, borgified said:

I actually tried to put Hayate's Super Parts on Arad's chest and I find it too blue so I stopped. Hahaha! :lol: As for Arad's Supers, they better not make it Orange or else I need to get another Super Pack of Mirage's. ;) 

9 hours ago, Valkyrie2008 said:

These combo actually looks great, I didn't picked up any super parts as I wanted to keep my fighters natural and naked, otherwise I would setup this same setup. 

Thanks for sharing No3Ljm.

You're welcome Valkyrie2008. Glad you liked it. ^_^ 

3 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

I feel like I’m the only one that doesn’t like the look of putting super parts on valkyries that don’t correspond to them (e.g. Hayate’s on Messer, Messer’s on the 31A, Mirage’s on Arad, etc). The color matching or layout just looks off to me.

For thos that do like those looks, are you only doing that as a temporary thing? Or will you actually keep that look even if you have the official super parts?

Actually, my Hayate's VF-31J/Kai is still equipped with mixed 31J's and 31F's Super Packs. I just like how it looks rather than just the whole Blue Super Packs covering it knowing that there's some black painted parts and stripes on the Kai. As for the Arad one, I'm still definitely going to get the official Super Parts for it. And probably going to get another one of Mirage's. I have a feeling that Arad's 31S will look nice too with mixed 31S' and 31C's Super Packs just like my 31J/Kai. And sometimes it's just nice to have that 'option' and 'fun factor' of having things mix and match in which the other Valks doesn't.

By the way, my Ozma's VF-25S is equipped with Alto's VF-25F Armored Pack. ^_^

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

This is actually true, Seti. I think this combination only works best in Fighter mode. But you really have to admit it, it's better than the orange motif Armored Pack, right? ^_^

I agree too. But just so you know, even if I'm going to buy Arad's VF-31S Armored Pack, I am really not happy with the Orange color motif. :lol:

I actually tried to put Hayate's Super Parts on Arad's chest and I find it too blue so I stopped. Hahaha! :lol: As for Arad's Supers, they better not make it Orange or else I need to get another Super Pack of Mirage's. ;) 

I'm actually looking forward to the orange though, hahaha! Maybe cos of my orange crosstrek, lol! 

DSC_0197.JPG

9 minutes ago, Andy NYK said:

I'm actually looking forward to the orange though, hahaha! Maybe cos of my orange crosstrek, lol! 

DSC_0197.JPG

Cool! Imagine if Bandai finally released Chuck's DX VF-31E with matching Armored Packs? Imagine how Orange is that, right? ^_^ 

3 minutes ago, Saburo said:

@no3Ljm That looks good!  I was going to put the Hayate parts on the Arad and adjust the color of them in photoshop.  I got lazy and didn't do it.  :lol:

What?! You should've done that. Would love to see it. ;)

1 minute ago, seti88 said:

a glimpse of whats to come with the 19 DX ordinance. hopefully those fit nicely..

I'm sure the clips will fit better and hopefully the missiles won't be as prone to falling off. I ordered a few dx yf-19's so should have a decent stock pile of ordinance when it releases. 

14 hours ago, TrickyCustomer said:

Just tried to give my kairos a hint more realism by borrowing the missiles set from the Arcadia yf-19. I don't think it looks too bad. Although those missiles pop off quite easily. 

DSC_0144.JPG

Ok, THAT looks amazing.  I never use those missiles on the YF-19, so I might have to beef a couple sets up to use on the VF-31s.  Though, Maybe some custom pylons would be a better start, since those would need to be mounted farther forward to deconflict with the control surfaces. Hmmmm... ^_^ 

15 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Ok, THAT looks amazing.  I never use those missiles on the YF-19, so I might have to beef a couple sets up to use on the VF-31s.  Though, Maybe some custom pylons would be a better start, since those would need to be mounted farther forward to deconflict with the control surfaces. Hmmmm... ^_^ 

I agree, the Arcadia aren't perfect but will definitely go on. I just gently pressed them on. There are plenty of options to try. Give it a go! 

Edited by TrickyCustomer

On 8/4/2018 at 3:01 AM, no3Ljm said:

iN8nSvO.jpg 

0IEtw2S.jpg 

wQrO0ax.jpg 

wpxhD6l.jpg 

NOCBqo9.jpg 

wllmY9v.jpg 

man, the artist side of me wants to say this is too busy, but damn the fan side of me says 'that's amazing!!!!'

6 hours ago, orbitalharvest said:

man, the artist side of me wants to say this is too busy, but damn the fan side of me says 'that's amazing!!!!'

I know right? It's the fun factor sir. ^_^ 

Wait until you see the actual Armored Packs for Arad. That one will look much busier than the one I posted above for having multiple colors. :rolleyes:

23 minutes ago, borgified said:

Huh, one at 22,000 and one at 25,000, but both unopened (package damaged).

I guess Arad's in decent demand if they've already upped the price to 25,000.

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I know right? It's the fun factor sir. ^_^ 

Wait until you see the actual Armored Packs for Arad. That one will look much busier than the one I posted above for having multiple colors. :rolleyes:

yeah, clearly since frontier the mech design is definitely appealing to that 'i don't give a f...' part of my lil nerd brain!  i can dig it...

4 hours ago, Graham said:

I may be in the minority, but I think Arad's VF-31S looks terrible wearing Mirage's Super Parts. The colours just don't match IMO.

You are not alone :P

But I still like seeing new pictures everytime I come to the forums...