1 hour ago, jasonmacross83 said:

Ordered a VF-31j Kai from NY. Is it normal for them to have it "in preparation" for 5 days? I paid for EMS shipping. I am so surprised by this because I normally shop at ami and Hlj. Never had this happened before

Usually it will be shipped within 1-3 days but I have had a similar encounter where I had to wait a week. Best to send them a ticket to check it for you and most of the time it will ship on the day they reply to your ticket. Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, jasonmacross83 said:

Ordered a VF-31j Kai from NY. Is it normal for them to have it "in preparation" for 5 days? I paid for EMS shipping. I am so surprised by this because I normally shop at ami and Hlj. Never had this happened before

Got a "prep in progress" for my VF-0S (plus PBandai gundam, which delayed it) on Friday, and the shipping notice today. 5days isn't completely unheard of, especially when it includes a weekend.

1 hour ago, CharlesXavier said:

Usually it will be shipped within 1-3 days but I have had a similar encounter where I had to wait a week. Best to send them a ticket to check it for you and most of the time it will ship on the day they reply to your ticket. Hope this helps.

I did and we replied back and forth. The representative told me they would ship it this week after I asked what day specifically 

Think I'm gonna stick to the 3 main stores now :-(

Congrats to everyone receiving theirs from NY.  Yeah they’ve been packing items even more well than before.  My VF-31A and other shipments came bubble wrapped with lots of extra layers of folded bubble wrap in the boxes.

Just now, mamboeidos said:

Anywhere to order the VF-31s at decent price at this moment?

Not sure if it's still open since PO for this ended months ago. But make sure to check two weeks prior of its release because sometimes some store will open up a few for preorder and still offer discounted PO price. If not, then you can check it once it gets released. Then you have to pay it in MSRP.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Not sure if it's still open since PO for this ended months ago. But make sure to check two weeks prior of its release because sometimes some store will open up a few for preorder and still offer discounted PO price. If not, then you can check it once it gets released. Then you have to pay it in MSRP.

Saw fromjapan n is like 24k yen man....

2 hours ago, mamboeidos said:

Saw fromjapan n is like 24k yen man....

Since FromJapan is a proxy company (item is sold by third party sellers) you probably going to end up paying around or so Y30000+/- (?). Item Price + FromJapan’s Fee + Local Shipping Cost + International Shipping Cost.

By the way, the MSRP for that is Y22680. Initial PO price is around Y19600-21000.

Edited by no3Ljm

5 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

The tamashii website has had the 31S release as 7/21 for a while now.  Does that mean NY is expecting to receive it on that date?

irc, DX toys are always officially released on the 15th of each month. NY recently has been creating their own Target date (usually a week for regular item and two weeks for web exclusive). This is pure speculation on my end but they may be doing this to avoid receiving complaints about slow preparation of shipments

On 6/25/2018 at 6:34 PM, jasonmacross83 said:

I ordered once from NY I choose  EMS and it took  2 weeks for them sending the item but not before I send them a message of what is going on with my figure,  so for your question is it normal ?, well for NY it seems like  sadly, also bought lots of stuff form AmiAmi  most of time I choose EMS and it only takes one day most of time for they to ship the item after the payment received of course.

13 hours ago, chyll2 said:

irc, DX toys are always officially released on the 15th of each month. NY recently has been creating their own Target date (usually a week for regular item and two weeks for web exclusive).

Pretty much this.

Regarding the VF-31a...

Does anyone's have what seems to be an uncloseable gap between the intake and the shoulder on the port side?

PORT SIDE

20180628_161321.jpg

STARBOARD SIDE

20180628_161302.jpg

It seems like a QC issue that just can't be worked to close (I have a VF-31 C, F & J to compare to and none of them have this issue)?

Mine had something like that as well, push the intakes inwards along the hip bar, and it closes up more.

[edit] To clarify, had to un-tab and swing down the whole leg assembly, push it together, and then tab it back in.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

11 minutes ago, Solo Wing Pixy said:

Anyone know how to remove the gunpod from the turret? Mine is rather tight and i'm afraid of potentially breaking something by using too much force.

Try rotating it back and forth to free it up some, while applying light pressure to pull it off.

Unfortunately it's still not coming off even with significant pressure.  Where should i be holding the gunpod in order to minimise the risk of stressing the plastic?  I also can't seem to get it to budge at the moment.