Bandai is releasing a desperate lil draken set just for the F. There goes the rational for the 262 sales.
Funny they would re-issue lil draken sets but not supers (talking abt hayates blue with missiles). Perhaps they had lil draken quota's to fill.

18 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

Lil Draken is next tamashii exclusive then.

What I dont understand is why not just release the draken with that adapter?

I suppose they needed an incentive to sell the F again, else folks might just have just bought the lil draken set.

Edited by seti88

14 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

Lil Draken is next tamashii exclusive then.

What I dont understand is why not just release the draken with that adapter?

maybe the lil Draken set will come with adapters too, and maybe a extra pilot?   haha.....

I can see why they are releasing a whole valk, its for people that watch the movie and want to get one.  Since the VF-31F was sold out and released awhile ago, any new purchase will be in the the secondary market.  This doesn't really help Bandai much.

So a whole new valk is the answer. 

Now for the people that already have a VF-31F.     A TWE lil Dreken set with adpaters would be best.  maybe Bandai will toss in some adapters too.?

That way everyone will be happy.

7 minutes ago, F360 said:

Now for the people that already have a VF-31F.     A TWE lil Dreken set with adpaters would be best.  maybe Bandai will toss in some adapters too.?

I have the 31F, and was thinking the same thing.
But it occured to me that i can only display either messer with supers or messer with drakens. Wingtips have no space for both.
So i will keep my old messer as i love the supers look better. 

No point for me to get a new messer and not put the drakens on.

Edited by seti88

DX超合金 劇場版VF-31F ジークフリード
(メッサー・イーレフェルト/ハヤテ・インメルマン搭乗機)

メーカー希望小売価格:21,600円(税8%込)

発売日:2018年10月予定

※一般販売店にて2018年6月1日(金)予約解禁予定
(予約取扱の有無は販売店様により異なります)

■商品仕様
・全高:約260mm(バトロイド時) ・材質:ダイキャスト、ABS、PVC製

■セット内容
本体 、交換用手首左右各6種、格闘戦用ナイフ左右 、
パイロットフィギュア2種(メッサー・イーレフェルト/ハヤテ・インメルマン) 、
専用台座一式、リル・ドラケン接続用パーツ左右(ファイター/ガウォーク用) 、
リル・ドラケン接続用パー

Based on my limited Japanese I think this is a new 31F release that comes with clips for the lil drakens (but no drakens included). Two pilot figures (Hayate/Messer) included. Preorder opens 6/1. 

3 hours ago, Salvanis said:

Hey all, looooong time lurker here, just thought I should throw my tiny bit of news in the pile for anyone still waiting on Nippon-Yasan to fill -31A orders.

My N-Y order, #488874, a single VF-31A ordered at 00:28 on 10/07, finally moved from "Pre-order - Payment OK" to "Preparation in Progress" a few hours ago. So, uh, keep hope alive, I guess?

Now if only I could justify paying more money for a new outfit for my jet man doll than I would pay for a set of clothes that I could wear myself...

Excellent news. Congrats!

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

The 31C (super) is definitely the -31 that's going to end up in permanent battroid display, no doubt in my mind that it's the best looking battroid of the bunch. Hayate's lame VF-31J can be the fighter-mode one.

'31C also has the best head-unit in fighter mode [Chuck's is 2nd imo]

11 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Ol8QE8T.jpg 

painting it red in Battroid reminds me of Eva unit 02... and I'm loving it!

Related image

Only true die-hard fans will by another 31F for their collection.

Reminds me of this from the Simpsons

Making a re-release of Messer's valk again now with the clip on joints for the Lil' Draken pods and the inclusion of a Hayate figure? I'm sure that Shapeways will have the clip-ons on file when they get around to making a set for it..  

So, this actually makes me glad I only bought a single Messer the first time around, while I've picked up two of each other release.. I might go for it.

Also glad I picked up two sets of drones. :lol: Honestly though, I'm more interested in the idea of overloading the 31 with missiles covering the wings, since I think the drakens mount on standard hardpoints. ^_^ 

7 hours ago, F360 said:

maybe the lil Draken set will come with adapters too, and maybe a extra pilot?   haha.....

I can see why they are releasing a whole valk, its for people that watch the movie and want to get one.  Since the VF-31F was sold out and released awhile ago, any new purchase will be in the the secondary market.  This doesn't really help Bandai much.

So a whole new valk is the answer. 

I really hope that is what Bandai is going to do, what leads me to believe they might do it is that the Drakens are labled "Messer Ihlefeld x Hayater Immelmann Use".  It would great if the Drakens came with the adapters and it wouldn't raise the price on the Draken set to drastically.

11 minutes ago, Heron said:

So that I understand clearly, this is just the Movie Version V-31F with connectors but not actually the Lil Drakens themselves? Is that correct? 

Yes, the Drakens are sold separately.

All this talk about a new 31f has gotten me thinking..

@Shizuka the Cat aren't you getting any 31 valks for your collection (don't know if you have managed to watch the entire run of Delta or just not interested at all)? I know that you made a couple of points in regards to the 31a though.

Sooo just to be clear- it's brackety-goodness for the 31F and non-perfect transformation?  If that's the case, I too will pass: though I hope this encourages some obsessive collectors to dump their original 31F's at bargain prices :)

10 minutes ago, dur said:

Sooo just to be clear- it's brackety-goodness for the 31F and non-perfect transformation?  If that's the case, I too will pass: though I hope this encourages some obsessive collectors to dump their original 31F's at bargain prices :)

Oh. I might do that. I just need to sort it out first what doubles that needs to go. Just so you know, I’m not an obsessive collector. I’m an impulse buyer. Hahaha! :lol: 

4 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Easy pass for me. Just saved $200. ^_^

But seriously, who wants to put a not-so-color-coordinated Lil Drakens on their VF-31’s? Messer’s Valk color is good as it is. Why mess it up? :rolleyes:

I like having different display options and I don't care about color coordination, especially with military war machines. 

I'll probably get on of the new 31Fs but if the clips can be bought separately on shapeways or elsewhere, I'd probably rather do that. 

Edited by Slave IV

Thanks, Saburo!

Do we know when the sites will go up with the pre-order info or is that located in a different thread? Thanks for answering my newb questions! 

Edited by Heron

9 minutes ago, Heron said:

Do we know when the sites will go up with the pre-order info or is that located in a different thread? Thanks for answering my newb questions! 

Assuming you mean the VF-31F, from the Tamashii page I linked -

※ General dealer on June 1, 2018 (Friday) reservation banning 
reservation (reservation handling availability varies depending on dealer)

Edited by Zx31

2 hours ago, borgified said:

All this talk about a new 31f has gotten me thinking..

@Shizuka the Cat aren't you getting any 31 valks for your collection (don't know if you have managed to watch the entire run of Delta or just not interested at all)? I know that you made a couple of points in regards to the 31a though.

Hey @borgified

I think I finished watching episode 3 or 4 of Delta. I saw the episode where Hayate and Mirage were having a duel using VF-1EX valkyries. So far, I am kind of meh on the show. I like the VF-31 fighter design... but the strong parallel between this show and AKB0048... ugh.

Also not a fan of Hayate's personality so far. Recruiting a civilian cargo mech pilot who has little interest in following military protocol into a military organization when there are likely other candidates out there who are both capable pilots and willing to adhere to chain of command just does not make much sense to me. When Hayate joined the squad and told the squad commanding officer that he did not like the military and was going to do things his own way... I just shook my head in disbelief. At least when Ozma recruited Alto in Macross Frontier, Alto conformed to military protocol and respected the chain of command. And in Macross TV, Hikaru went through basic training and sometimes followed orders, except when his chauvinistic pig tendencies kicked in and he did not follow orders from Hayase.

Anyways.... at present I don't have any VF-31 toys in my collection. Of the versions I have seen so far, I like the look of the 31A the best. I also kind of like the color scheme of the 31C... but then again, give any valkyrie a pink, violet, or orange paint job, and that is practically an automatic letter grade boost on my report card.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

Hmm.. In your regards to your reply Shizuka, Mirage's 31c and possibly Chuck's 31e ( upon release) will be on your wish list if you so choose to add a Sigfried in your collection. 

Edited by borgified
clarification

3 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Hey @borgified

I think I finished watching episode 3 or 4 of Delta. I saw the episode where Hayate and Mirage were having a duel using VF-1EX valkyries. So far, I am kind of meh on the show. I like the VF-31 fighter design... but the strong parallel between this show and AKB0048... ugh.

Also not a fan of Hayate's personality so far. Recruiting a civilian cargo mech pilot who has little interest in following military protocol into a military organization when there are likely other candidates out there who are both capable pilots and willing to adhere to chain of command just does not make much sense to me. When Hayate joined the squad and told the squad commanding officer that he did not like the military and was going to do things his own way... I just shook my head in disbelief. At least when Ozma recruited Alto in Macross Frontier, Alto conformed to military protocol and respected the chain of command. And in Macross TV, Hikaru went through basic training and sometimes followed orders, except when his chauvinistic pig tendencies kicked in and he did not follow orders from Hayase.

Anyways.... at present I don't have any VF-31 toys in my collection. Of the versions I have seen so far, I like the look of the 31A the best. I also kind of like the color scheme of the 31C... but then again, give any valkyrie a pink, violet, or orange paint job, and that is practically an automatic letter grade boost on my report card.

You should get Mirage's C.

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Easy pass for me. Just saved $200. ^_^

But seriously, who wants to put a not-so-color-coordinated Lil Drakens on their VF-31’s? Messer’s Valk color is good as it is. Why mess it up? :rolleyes:

Exactly! Especially when messers base colors go well with other supers as well and not just his black supers.

Hmm messer can be the next max and miria with one wearing hayates and another mirages colors! :p

Edited by seti88