45 minutes ago, mamboeidos said:

Buying from Mandarake, is SAL shipping gd enough?

does it coves insurance n tracking?

I think SAL with tracking comes with 6000 JY of insurance.

EMS comes with 20000 JY of insurance but you may be able to purchase additional coverage. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
Wrods

7 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I think SAL with tracking comes with 6000 JY of insurance.

EMS comes with 20000 JY of insurance but you may be able to purchase additional coverage. 

So my 20k yen worth of purchase I have to buy additional insurance? The quote me 2900yen for SAL shipping

14 minutes ago, mamboeidos said:

So my 20k yen worth of purchase I have to buy additional insurance? The quote me 2900yen for SAL shipping

I believe SAL comes with 6000 JY of insurance.

I’m not sure if you can purchase additional insurance for SAL. I would check with mandarake. 

After some back and forth with NY, they reinstated my order and i got a shipping confirmation.

i know some people here had a warning that the refund would be in the form of a voucher but i didnt and wanted to use the money to buy the figure somewhere else.

I m happy that they made it right in the end.

1 minute ago, pteroleo said:

After some back and forth with NY, they reinstated my order and i got a shipping confirmation.

i know some people here had a warning that the refund would be in the form of a voucher but i didnt and wanted to use the money to buy the figure somewhere else.

That’s great news, congrats! 

So you’re telling me I have to do a little back and forth with NY yo get my order shipped, hmmmmm 

19 minutes ago, pteroleo said:

Could you share your order date and number of pieces? Thanks. :)

I made the order on the 10th of October for one figure.

The  back and forth was pretty lengthy but eventually a person from the chat support helped me to make sure the issue would be looked at.

Honestly, i think it comes down to poor communication.

If they would email people reassuring them that the figure would be shipped even at a later date, i feel people would be less frustrated.

1 hour ago, pteroleo said:

I made the order on the 10th of October for one figure.

The  back and forth was pretty lengthy but eventually a person from the chat support helped me to make sure the issue would be looked at.

Honestly, i think it comes down to poor communication.

If they would email people reassuring them that the figure would be shipped even at a later date, i feel people would be less frustrated.

congratulations on getting your order!  I hope that's a sign that they are starting to receive more units and will soon restart shipment of all the PO units to people.

39 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Is it just me or is the DX VF-31A all over the place now? I see it available at Jungle, AmiAmi, and Mandarake.

I think we're beginning to see more 31A's for sale to milk the inflated price, before the market gets its hands on a second batch in June.

I think people paying $500+ for the current Kairos are a bit... loopy.  The chance that it maintains that price in the long-term is fairly low.

Not only is there this persistent rumor of more supply coming, the fact that we might get an Arad VF-31A could further drop the value on the CF VF-31A.  If the Arad Kairos is similar enough to the current CF Kairos, the vast majority of collectors aren't going to care about what number is painted on it, if there is a $200+ dollar difference.  Only the most completionist collectors are going to care which version of the Kairos they have, and the overall market sets the prices, not a few collectors.

Of course it is Bandai, so we may never get an Arad VF-31A, because that would make too much sense.

The prices seem to be all over the place:

58000 (plus 5%) sealed at jungle

49980 used at ami ami

48000-50000 sealed, damaged package at mandarake

55000 in brown shipper at yahoo auctions

46000 new from SE Asian reseller(s)

Resellers definitely put upward pressure on the price but there are some options now. 

Unless the market gets absolutely flooded, I’m guessing the aftermarket price of 31A will be around 37500-40000+ for a while.

Just my guess at the moment; I’m wrong all the time :)

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

1 hour ago, HardlyNever said:

I think people paying $500+ for the current Kairos are a bit... loopy.  The chance that it maintains that price in the long-term is fairly low.

Not only is there this persistent rumor of more supply coming, the fact that we might get an Arad VF-31A could further drop the value on the CF VF-31A.  If the Arad Kairos is similar enough to the current CF Kairos, the vast majority of collectors aren't going to care about what number is painted on it, if there is a $200+ dollar difference.  Only the most completionist collectors are going to care which version of the Kairos they have, and the overall market sets the prices, not a few collectors.

Of course it is Bandai, so we may never get an Arad VF-31A, because that would make too much sense.

An Arad VF-31A would be nice, but if I had to choose between the Arad color scheme +31A config, or the 31F, I think I would still pick the 31F that is still quite widely available at "reasonable" prices.  But I agree with you that at a $200+ price difference, compromises will be made because it's just getting a bit silly to pay more than double the MSRP, so soon after the release date.

I would hand over my money in a split second if they did a VF-31A in a commemorative Focker color scheme though!

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

The prices seem to be all over the place:

58000 (plus 5%) sealed at jungle

49980 used at ami ami

48000-50000 sealed, damaged package at mandarake

55000 in brown shipper at yahoo auctions

46000 new from SE Asian reseller(s)

Resellers definitely put upward pressure on the price but there are some options now. 

Unless the market gets absolutely flooded, I’m guessing the aftermarket price of 31A will be around 37500-40000+ for a while.

Just my guess at the moment; I’m wrong all the time :)

That's probably not a bad guess; even if we all get our POs in June, demand will still be there from the people who have not preordered. 

7 hours ago, pteroleo said:

This is really great to hear for the people still waiting, I can't imagine them doing this if they weren't confident they can fulfil their orders. Take heart, peeps!

Well, mid May is now....and still no news whatsoever from NY. Some 'real' infos would be welcomed at that stage. Especially regarding that mysterious 'extra stock'. Aside from one Japanese tweet, we have absolutely no clue that Bandai is actually in the process of producing more. Where did they officially announced anything regarding more stocks?  Last time I checked, in Japan, it seemed that most customers who had ordered theirs from TWE got them (dupes and all). 

Trying hard to stay positive,  but everything is hearsay. We're now close to 2 months since NY's official release date, and they've still not finished shipping off the orders from the 6th October. Aside from a few orders from the 10th that were shipped, (like 2)

Couldn't be bothered to find the page where a MW said his wife had called up NY. And they told him it would be shipped in May. Did that person ended up receiving it? 

This month, NY haven't been shipping more than 1 a week, (and one dupe order). That's it.

April, rumours were going around for a May release, and now, it's June? <_< Wish I could share people's optimism, but the situation doesn't look any different than it was in March. Did I somehow miss something? 

6 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

If Macross F taught us anything is that Bandai will milk a mold to try and release every version possible......at this point the only ones in danger of not getting a shot at production are the rest of the Aerial Knights.....and that's a maybe...surely the movie versions may get made and also that Elvis version! B))

Edited by jvmacross

9 hours ago, rdrunner said:

I would hand over my money in a split second if they did a VF-31A in a commemorative Focker color scheme though!

Same here, provided that it was done better than the 30th Anniversary YF-29.  Before that came out, I was convinced there wasn't a Jolly Rogers scheme I wouldn't like...I was wrong.

1 hour ago, raziel03 said:

Same here, provided that it was done better than the 30th Anniversary YF-29.  Before that came out, I was convinced there wasn't a Jolly Rogers scheme I wouldn't like...I was wrong.

How come? I have a used one arriving hopefully next week and I would love to see the real thing in hand. 

43 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

How come? I have a used one arriving hopefully next week and I would love to see the real thing in hand. 

Mostly, I thought the scheme used too much black.  The splashes of black and yellow in the VF-0/1 and real-world are what really make it work for me.  That and the lack of Tampo'd Skulls on the VStabs. 

4 hours ago, raziel03 said:

i found the 20th anni of the 29 as a perfect example of how an anniversary/homage scheme should look like, not too gaudy and with complimenting colors.
The skull tampo on the chest was a nice homage, and the co-incidental black tiger stripes on the side in fighter mode :wub: sold it for me! ^_^

Edited by seti88

If they didn't get a good production run of 31A toys made, it seems unlikely they'd support them with an accessory right? I men, I'd love to get super parts for it but it just seems like Arad would get an armor parts announcement first. Maybe they could save 31A super parts for after a 31A Arad release...

I would take a VF-31C in Hikaru TV colors and VF-31A in VF-1A brown cannon fodder colors over the made up 35th anniversary scheme for the VF-31. I'd love to see simpler SDF deco on the DX VF-31's over the airshow Delta decos(I like the 31A deco since it looks like a combat bird and Messer's since it's the most subdued from Delta Platoon).

3 minutes ago, jenius said:

If they didn't get a good production run of 31A toys made, it seems unlikely they'd support them with an accessory right? I men, I'd love to get super parts for it but it just seems like Arad would get an armor parts announcement first. Maybe they could save 31A super parts for after a 31A Arad release...

i would generally agree with you on the looming armor parts, except on one point.
And that point depends if the fast packs for the A's come with their own modex i.e. 03 on the shield.

if they do, then it would make sense to release a 03 fast pack now to avoid interest falling off in future.