Finally. My back-up (marked-up) Kairos purchase that I have from eBay since April 6 has finally been shipped yesterday and expected to arrive on June 7 as per eBay notification. Since I purchased this way back then, then it really means that the stock is very limited. And I'm pretty sure the Japanese seller also had a hard time getting this stock.

Anyways, I'm not that excited anymore but I'm just glad that finally I'm going to have my first VF-31A. 

4 minutes ago, mamboeidos said:

erm...how do u buy from mandarake?

u need a local jap address?

They cater to international order. Just register an account with your Shipping details. When you see your desired item as available at price you want, just cart it out and wait for a few days for confirmation/payment request.

36 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Finally. My back-up (marked-up) Kairos purchase that I have from eBay since April 6 has finally been shipped yesterday and expected to arrive on June 7 as per eBay notification. Since I purchased this way back then, then it really means that the stock is very limited. And I'm pretty sure the Japanese seller also had a hard time getting this stock.

Anyways, I'm not that excited anymore but I'm just glad that finally I'm going to have my first VF-31A. 

Congratulations!

41 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Ouch. And I'm starting to think 35k is not such a bad deal anymore...

That price doesn’t include their 5% international shipping fee either haha

If you see a VF-31A for 35000 JY then buy it before I do :lol:

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods

2 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Where do you see one for 35000 JY?

Sorry I did not see 35k recently - it must have been in the first week of release on yahoo JP or something, and I thought it was expensive back then..

I'd probably jump on it if I saw one at that price today.

1 minute ago, ridgebacks said:

Thanks.  I know that 31J was a lottery special or something, but what's the difference between the 31J and the 31J Kai that makes the Kai more special?

Just now, rdrunner said:

Thanks.  I know that 31J was a lottery special or something, but what's the difference between the 31J and the 31J Kai that makes the Kai more special?

Event exclusive, reaction missiles, black accents added, and knight emblem on the back. Aside from that its the same thing. 

17 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Event exclusive, reaction missiles, black accents added, and knight emblem on the back. Aside from that its the same thing. 

Don’t forget the tramp stamp!

24 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

6 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Don’t forget the tramp stamp!

LOL!  Then I think the Kai is really for hardcore Delta fans only.

I think the "Knight emblem" and the tramp stamp is referring to the same thing... different perspectives I guess :)

Edited by rdrunner

4 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

LOL!  Then I think the Kai is really for hardcore Delta fans only.

I think the "Knight emblem" and the tramp stamp is referring to the same thing... different perspectives I guess :)

Yep, I’m referring to the knight emblem.

Just kidding around though, I didn’t mean to poke fun at folks who like it.  

I actually have 2 VF-31J Kai. I mostly bought them for the missiles and a bad case of completion’ism. 

Ok. So how many here are still holding out hope for the Kairos?

I'm one.

If one of us complain to Paypal, it wont really teach NY a lesson, and NY will close my account. 

So when you all give up, we need to complain on the same day 

Lets take a count.

10 minutes ago, arbit said:

I'm one.

If one of us complain to Paypal, it wont really teach NY a lesson, and NY will close my account. 

Lets take a count.

I'm still waiting.  But not ready to give up hope yet.

34 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Yep, I’m referring to the knight emblem.

Just kidding around though, I didn’t mean to poke fun at folks who like it.  

I actually have 2 VF-31J Kai. I mostly bought them for the missiles and a bad case of completion’ism. 

I know, I love the tramp stamp reference LOL

I'm not a fan of the emblem myself to be honest, but understand that Delta is supposed to appeal to a completely different generation and I'm just interested in the mecha design of the 31A and not much else really.

1 hour ago, arbit said:

I'm one.

Lets take a count.

I am with you. So, how much longer will we wait?

My ebay seller finally shipped my 31a out, ought to arrive next week.

At this point I'm not sure if I even want to open it, with them going for almost $600 now. Maybe I'll just try and trade for a VF-0D, or a VF-11 to round out my Macross Plus collection.

37 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

My ebay seller finally shipped my 31a out, ought to arrive next week.

At this point I'm not sure if I even want to open it, with them going for almost $600 now. Maybe I'll just try and trade for a VF-0D, or a VF-11 to round out my Macross Plus collection.

They are $799 plus shipping on U.S. eBay right now; though it seems they are not selling at that price. 

1 hour ago, funkymonkeyjavajunky said:

I am with you. So, how much longer will we wait?

Is there more evidence that retailers are actually getting new stocks?

17 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

They are $799 plus shipping on U.S. eBay right now; though it seems they are not selling at that price. 

Yeah, I pre-ordered through ebay with a 20% off coupon, ended up similar price to a Nippon Yasan pre-order.

3 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Yeah, I pre-ordered through ebay with a 20% off coupon, ended up similar price to a Nippon Yasan pre-order.

That was a very smart hedge, and I wish I had the insight to do that when I ordred the 31A (which was my first PO ever).