7 hours ago, dizman said:

So let me get this straight, now that a new batch is rumored NY sends you an e-mail saying "Hey you should probably cancel your order." Guess they want that sweet after market price money and are hoping the holdouts finally give up.

They have been saying that for weeks now. Standard response

Erm....there's no timing, nor anything suspicious.It's the exact message they've been sending all along to everyone. I received the exact same one in March. Never once had they mentioned anything in mail regarding any May stock. This was from one member who called them. It's still the exact same situation, they're not pushing refunds on anyone, they're just being..erm, NY...

At that stage, they understand most people won't cancel. So either they are making it drag and being vague on purpose so that more customers cancel, but I assume people who wanted to cancel would've done it by now.Lately, we can see they don't have anything, (aside from that dupe order, that once again was most probably a fluke and the staff who sent them probably got relegated to cleaning up the warehouse floor for the next 6 months and his salary cut...).

At this stage I don't think it'll happen, this 'extra stock' is a rumour at best. We don't know why Bandai are producing more (nor wether it truly came from them as there is no official announcement as far as I know). And if they truly are, it would probably be replacement stocks for faulty units and/or maybe for a limited customers in Japan that are still waiting, so most likely a tiny amount. Does it seem logic that stores would out of the blue get tons of stock? Yeah right....

Again...just my opinion. I'm still waiting, but without any expectations. At that stage, it's months late, not weeks, and still no sign that anything is going to change.(aside from those 'odd' orders that they send out now and again). Who knows, maybe in October? It'll only be a year.....:lol:

Well if the mid-May stock does appear, we can expect NY to start shipping next Wednesday onwards.

But if the Japanese tweet about the delay is correct, then we might have to wait till June to see if there's any movement.

I feel NY is waiting for stocks. Else they would have asked everyone to cancel their PO or even directly just cancel it off their system and issue the credits.

Regardless how all of these VF-1A issues turn out, the result will be with Nippon Yasan losing longtime customers. I don't think the quality of a business is defined when everything goes as planned, it's what a business does to handle unforeseen problems (i.e., lack of stock for preorders, damaged products, etc.) Taking your money six months in advance of a release, then not issuing any form of explanation why the toy hasn't shipped more than a month after release date is unacceptable. Good customer service is offering an explanation, apology, and/or discount coupon (maybe free shipping) for a future order. A retailer should at least attempt to retain business trust.

I am sure that some valk diehards will continue to but toys through this business, but some of us are done. There are other places to buy toys.

Edited by funkymonkeyjavajunky

i hope NY will eventually fulfill the kairos release. i dont have the energy to look around for it, same with the 31S

Edited by Mr Bomber

Again, I wonder if it'll be worth going directly to the boss of the company for a 'proper' answer. Their attitude toward this issue stank from day 1. Loved it when people were saying that NY were the only ones who hadn't refund or cancelled their orders :lol:. Do you truly think they knew anything back then regarding the upcoming issues, stocks in May  and all that BS? Of course they didn't, but thought they'd give it a try, go with the flow. They never had a clue if they were going to be able to fulfill those orders and still don't.

Their lack of communication and customer service regarding this particular issue has been unacceptable, too many of us are literally 'scared' that they'll cancel our orders or worse close our account if we keep mailing them.

Outcome: everybody just waits in silence. Not only they most likely won't deliver, they won't refund in cash and managed staying clear of head aches with customers  messaging them every day (erm , messaging him, you know, the guy who lives in the broom closet, Fabrice).Win-Win for them. As far as loosing a few angry customers, they couldn't care less. Won't affect their business one bit. I mean their overall web score is abysmal, yet, they still make money. Heck, I should talk, I preordered a YF-19 from them (not mentioning all the other upcoming Po I also have). So...boycotting them? Yeah, right....

Whatever, just a quick rant.

30 minutes ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Again, I wonder if it'll be worth going directly to the boss of the company for a 'proper' answer. Their attitude toward this issue stank from day 1. Loved it when people were saying that NY were the only ones who hadn't refund or cancelled their orders :lol:. Do you truly think they knew anything back then regarding the upcoming issues, stocks in May  and all that BS? Of course they didn't, but thought they'd give it a try, go with the flow. They never had a clue if they were going to be able to fulfill those orders and still don't.

Their lack of communication and customer service regarding this particular issue has been unacceptable, too many of us are literally 'scared' that they'll cancel our orders or worse close our account if we keep mailing them.

Outcome: everybody just waits in silence. Not only they most likely won't deliver, they won't refund in cash and managed staying clear of head aches with customers  messaging them every day (erm , messaging him, you know, the guy who lives in the broom closet, Fabrice).Win-Win for them. As far as loosing a few angry customers, they couldn't care less. Won't affect their business one bit. I mean their overall web score is abysmal, yet, they still make money. Heck, I should talk, I preordered a YF-19 from them (not mentioning all the other upcoming Po I also have). So...boycotting them? Yeah, right....

Exactly. I hope I am wrong, but we are being conned...

They take the money with a promise, then they change terms, then say the money is gone, but if you wait maybe you get what you want, then passive aggressiveness and silence.

It is not a big deal over a toy, but don't fall for this when your livelihood is on the line.

3 minutes ago, arbit said:

Exactly. I hope I am wrong, but we are being conned...

They take the money with a promise, then they change terms, then say the money is gone, but if you wait maybe you get what you want, then passive aggressiveness and silence.

It is not a big deal over a toy, but don't fall for this when your livelihood is on the line.

Wow that's a complete joke, I certainly have no interest in store credit. The only time I ever shop from N-Y is for DX macross toys, certainly not in the mood of dealing with them again if this is how they treat their customers.

23 minutes ago, hoahuynh said:

I do have a question about N-Y super parts price.
Is this normal? The super parts cost the same if not more then the DX VF-31?

Depends on the super parts. they are the cheapest during the PO but after the release, it goes upwards steadily.

The 31A struggle is real. I hope we all get our orders but my hope fades a little with each passing day.

I think someone at NY made an honest mistake and fraked up the preorders; but their customer service is so basic there’s no way to know.

I keep reminding myself: never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity....but don't rule out malice :p

5 hours ago, Kinzoku VF said:

I think they will lose more than just a few customers on this fiasco. The issue doesn't just affect one or two people, but dozens (possibly hundreds) of customers.

If in the end we do get burned, we all have to be organized about the timing and wording and can file paypal claims at the same time about being SCAMMED on a pre-order. Even being protection expired, paypal under those circumstances should find in our favor and likely lock their account. If we all do it at different times and haphazardly file, likely we will all be ordering one last thing with credit from NY before removing them from my store list.

Edited by Blue Meanie

11 minutes ago, Blue Meanie said:

If in the end we do get burned, we all have to be organized about the timing and wording and can file paypal claims at the same time about being SCAMMED on a pre-order. Even being protection expired, paypal under those circumstances should find in our favor and likely lock their account. If we all do it at different times and haphazardly file, likely we will all be ordering one last thing with credit from NY before removing them from my store list.

Not gonna work. Something like this happened but much worse when Anime Island just dissappeared with money from customers for every item gone. There was an entire thread on another site dedicated to it and No one got their money back unless within PayPal's protection or you use bank funds or credit card. That is why I only use credit card payments now and keep telling those who did the same not to worry about it because cc companies will protect your money. 

34 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Not gonna work. Something like this happened but much worse when Anime Island just dissappeared with money from customers for every item gone. There was an entire thread on another site dedicated to it and No one got their money back unless within PayPal's protection or you use bank funds or credit card. That is why I only use credit card payments now and keep telling those who did the same not to worry about it because cc companies will protect your money. 

Well, that sucks. I don't own any credit cards, and I always use my bank account. How do the bank funds help getting back the cheddar?

59 minutes ago, Blue Meanie said:

I thought about doing this or hammering their twitter account; but to what end? I imagine they would just cancel everyone’s orders and issue vouchers.

I’m still holding on to the fantasy of eventually getting my order lol

1 hour ago, Blue Meanie said:

Well, that sucks. I don't own any credit cards, and I always use my bank account. How do the bank funds help getting back the cheddar?

Ah, if you used bank account funds, you still get similar protection and you should be able to get your money back. Just let the bank know what happened. 

But, I will still offer anyone $301 not to cancel their order with NY and just give it to me.

That's the whole problem... I still want the VF-31.

If I trigger the nuclear option (credit card chargeback) I will assuredly not get it.

If I wait, just makes it more risky I won't get my money back. (do not want voucher)  Luckily I used a VISA card, but I probably should check out the time limits for any chargebacks.

Anyone know of the equivalent of the FTC or some regulation body in Japan we can complain to?

I placed my order and payment on 10/7/17.

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Ah, if you used bank account funds, you still get similar protection and you should be able to get your money back. Just let the bank know what happened. 

But, I will still offer anyone $301 not to cancel their order with NY and just give it to me.

Anyone take you up on that so far?

I'll take $310 in the bidding war for the 31a please.. :lol: 

Jokingly of course.. I got Mirage on the way and fine with that.

Eeep! The last noted shipment of the 31a was back in May 2nd (two copies) by @ErikElvis by NY and now @Sandman's order has gone into vapourware (thanks to CDJ)..

This decibel with 31a is getting ridiculous and many collectors are getting fed up in regards of unfulfilled orders from NY; therefore getting the standard reply of either a credit voucher or canceling their order. If any of you have any more orders from NY, hopefully that they will send out your orders as followed.

OR 

As of what @funkymonkeyjavajunky stated above, there's other options to get your valk fix somewhere else after dealing with NY. I still have an account with NY (hopefully) and I'll use them as the last resort if and when needed..

NY's reputation definitely took a hit with their handling of the Kairos.  I can understand if you got burned by them, you don't want to give them your business anymore.  But it is pretty well known that their lower prices come at the cost of customer service.  It is just their customer service was especially bad for the 31A.

I haven't been burned by them (or any retailer) yet, but I think the lesson for me out of this is just to use Nippon Yasan for more readily available releases.  I just got a PF sdf-1 from them with no issue at all. 

But none of my DX Chogokin pre-orders are with them, and I'll probably never pre-order the really hard to get items from them now.  I think it is about choosing the right retailer for the product in question, but I can understand if some people never want to use them again for anything.