Good news, everybody. NY shipped my VF-31A today. ^_^

2018-04-16 17:06:41    Shipped
2018-04-16 16:46:44    Preparation in progress
2017-10-07 02:43:17    Pre-order - Payment OK
2017-10-07 02:42:28    Processing Payment
2017-10-07 02:41:24    Order created

Keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of you who are waiting it out.  

1 minute ago, technoblue said:

Congrats! Hope you will get it soon. 

1 hour ago, technoblue said:

That’s great news, you must be excited :)

I also ordered and paid on 10/07...*crickets* :(

38 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Made one for the occasion!

31a_1.gif.65598c9ca9b0fe51fe6089e28eddae39.gif

Very nice and so appropriate...

4 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Price jump to 48k on Mandarake. And someone already bought it.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1086160425&ref=list

...because of stuff like this. So much for calling anyone a dirty scalper along with my hopes of getting another 31A right now. 

Edited by Slave IV

Hmmmmm, I was wondering this, did any pf you whom got their’s shipped by NY ever cancelled an order before for whatevr reason? I was looking at my order history and noticed I did cancel 2 orders from them but I did so on the same day that I ordered as some months I could not afford a toy thus I cancelled. 

It got me thinking if they only shipped to customers that had never cancelled an order before 1st thus skipping some whom ordered on the 6th. Just a theory

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1086160425&ref=list

Holy moly, NY better come through or I’m taking that extra $250 out of someone’s @$$

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

1 hour ago, Guyffon said:

Hmmmmm, I was wondering this, did any pf you whom got their’s shipped by NY ever cancelled an order before for whatevr reason? I was looking at my order history and noticed I did cancel 2 orders from them but I did so on the same day that I ordered as some months I could not afford a toy thus I cancelled. 

It got me thinking if they only shipped to customers that had never cancelled an order before 1st thus skipping some whom ordered on the 6th. Just a theory

I cancelled my first ever order with NY and they did ship mine out.  

It's a real pain in the backiside. Sent them a msg for that Sentinel as I've combined  2 POs into 1, thought by doing that and not paying it would be like not paying a single order, rather than 2. But, by doing that I end up with 2 cancelled PO's in my list..(.the 2 single Pos gets cancelled then put into one new order. BS)

Will also send them a msg I've already typed regarding this May possibility. And see what they'll say. I did state that I do not want my order cancelled/voucher refunded, that having already waited 6 months, I'll wait whatever time but would like some concrete informations.

I'm just still finding it really hard to believe in that 'magical May shipment' . Wouldn't they have mentioned something about if that's truly the case?

Or, it's just as I said before: they're trying to cancel as many of those yet to be shipped Kairos orders as possible in order to list them up after they get that mysterious cargo from Bandai. (And for about ¥55000....)

Truly starting to loose hope and really don't feel like paying for those POs. At that stage, I'm more interested in a Kairos than another Mospeada (unless I can sell back the Mospeada for 3 times it's price in a few months if it turns up to be any good.....dilemma ....) I've never been so stressed out by some orders in a really long time. Thanks so much NY. 

Edited by Kinzoku VF

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

:o so much for stalking Mandarake for a copy

1 hour ago, F360 said:

Ack,   It was still 35000 the last time that same store had it.

Really surprised, that's a pretty extreme jump. From the overall number of copies that have come up for sale and for the price going from 35000 JPY.

55 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

just got back, damn the 31A is stil going up price. 

I kinda figured Bandai was slow in shipping them out but eventually there would be plenty of stock.

Fingers crossed that more become available...at some point.

30 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Holy moly, NY better come through or I’m taking that extra $250 out of someone’s @$$

Hopefully they do, but if not, I fully support the $ 250 beat-down.

-b.

4 hours ago, technoblue said:

congrats! hopefully more are to follow.

7 hours ago, technoblue said:

Congrat. Hope mine will be ready by the end of this week.

25 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Just arrived from Mandarake.

20180416_112423.thumb.jpg.41e9fe63c07641d2895153323d08c91b.jpg

Congrats for snagging one of the 31a from Manda..

Note: If anyone still wants the 31J Kai, there's a supposed listing for it in on Jungle. Only one copy available as of now and the adage goes "You snooze, you lose". ;)

3 minutes ago, borgified said:

Congrats for snagging one of the 31a from Manda..

Note: If anyone still wants the 31J Kai, there's a supposed listing for it in on Jungle. Only one copy available as of now and the adage goes "You snooze, you lose". ;)

I got the opened one, so it's probably got some defects (a scalper would have sold sealed). I'll take a look in a few hours when I'm not at work.

Hey guys!

Looks like this Kairos scarce run is reaching all levels... the local shop I buy from, usually gets the valks after 2-3 weeks after release. 

But until today there is nothing (dont know who they buy from in japan).

Which brings me to this:

If they get one, and if it is overpriced, should I secure one? OR do you think it will be mass released in may and prices will fall??

In reply to RealJayDee. In case you haven't followed up on the Kairos situation.

46 minutes ago, RealJayDee said:

If they get one, and if it is overpriced, should I secure one? OR do you think it will be mass released in may and prices will fall??

The only people who ever mentioned that 'May' stock are NY, no other shops have mentioned anything regarding additional stocks. Only one source mentioned this. Up until now, they have yet to deliver a fraction of their paid orders. Not even finished sending out orders from the 6th/7th October. And as they are not informing anyone regarding what is happening, I'd say that 'magic stock' is yet more BS from their part. As far as I'm aware, no one has received a mail specifically mentioning some extra stocks in May.

If you knew you were getting stocks at a certain date (even approximatively). Would you A: inform the customers who are waiting like a bunch of idiots (me included ) or b: say nothing, expecting to get as many refund requests as you can by then increasing the likelyhood of selling that stock at a higher price for a massive profit later on?  Take your pick. It could be either...but I tend to go for 'b'

As far as anyone is aware, Bandai has not hinted they would release any extras stocks. And for that 'mass release' you mentioned, not sure what you meant? The Kairos was a TWE in the first place. It'll never get mass released, (unless they do a variant , but for now, it's in the realm of dreams and certainly won't be anytime soon as they have other  DX's announced that have yet to get released first ). 

In other words : your best bet if you're desperate, just go and shell out ¥45000 or more for it from Mandarake,YHJP scalper etc. As unfortunately your local store is most probably in the exact same situation as most other retailers that import to the US/Europe/outside Japan, meaning they won't get theirs in. And IF they ever do, it'll be around 4 or 6 pieces if that. So expect to pay way more that ¥45000 as by now, most stores are aware of its scarcity. Not to mention 'physical/real' stores aren't the best places to buy that kinda stuff (even more in the case of that particular TWE VF's....). Or you can just wait and keep calling your local store every day, they might eventually get one ( give them a deposit or something if you want to be safe...)

13 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I always think of Hanlon’s Razor when I read Kinzoku’s evil NY theory lol

“Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity...but don't rule out malice.”

Haha nice!

I'm wondering where the "more BS" part of the accusations is coming from. So far, nothing they have said can be confirmed as BS. Well, I guess you could have the opinion that it's BS that they gave some people store credit and have a bunch of annoying rules around the credit. But if we are talking about BS as in truths and falsehoods of what NY has stated, all they said is they will send orders when they can.

7 minutes ago, Numbninja said:

Hey Guys

Where can i pick up a 31j kai for a good price...the one over at the jungle is gone

I saw one over on Yahoo Japan auctions. https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/o233525642

There's also a VF-31A on YJA for 42,800Yen buyout, but no feedback on the seller. https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/x536701137

[edit] This one on Jungle seems to be the 31J Kai: http://jungle-scs.co.jp/sale_en/?page_id=121&id=2232161

I'd contact them to double check, but it's more than 12,000yen more expensive than this sealed 31J

Edited by Sanity is Optional