38 minutes ago, borgified said:

'New'? Is that a joke? It's not even sealed! Probably one of those that got sold back because of some aesthetic QC issue. Not in a million years.

25 minutes ago, jenius said:

It says it comes sealed in brown shipper box.

I read the description, but aside from the Bandai promo pics, the ones that are from the actual item show it opened up....Again, could be stock photos from somewhere else....Whatever the case may, not spending that kind of cash on this VF. I collect loads of other Japanese toys aside Macross and personally would rather put that kinda cash towards some vintage piece rather than something that just came out not even a month ago. 

Trying really HARD to convince myself that I don't 'need' this valk...It's not working :(.

Dam I can only have this through all of your photos people! I should have jumped on the boat when this was announced but maybe they will do a reissue. Seems a lot love the Kairos. Bandai is reissuing a lot of P-Bandai kits maybe this will get some of that treatment 

18 minutes ago, VF-Zer0S said:

Dam I can only have this through all of your photos people! I should have jumped on the boat when this was announced but maybe they will do a reissue. Seems a lot love the Kairos. Bandai is reissuing a lot of P-Bandai kits maybe this will get some of that treatment 

I truly believe hundreds and hundreds of people  love the Macross Valkyries and not only the Kairos, it just happens that the popularity depends alot of the design of the Valkyrie and obviously the price, it seems Y20,000 is the sweet spot for Bandai.  

4 hours ago, derex3592 said:

First impressions.. well, it's very nice, must be said however that mine has the same odd paint/finish defect under the outer part of the right wing. Nothing terrible, but it's there. See pics below.. Also, I included a pic of the EMS shipping label, I can't remember, but I don't think that what my previous NY packages said.. I'll let you guys debate what that means.. it looks it just came from "a guy".  LOL. I would LOVE to and had fully intended to panel line it, but with the scarcity of it at this point, I think I'll hold off for now.  More pics later today or tomorrow night when hopefully I'll have some play time.  

20180409_150641.jpg

20180409_150725.jpg

I just checked my two (one from Loopaza, one from NY on the 6th) and both have similar minor discoloration in the same location, the underside of the right wing. Not enough to get excited about, but certainly noticeable if you look for it. More evidence for the "defect theory"?

1 hour ago, Kinzoku VF said:

'New'? Is that a joke? It's not even sealed! Probably one of those that got sold back because of some aesthetic QC issue. Not in a million years.

Probably is a Gamestop employee, you know those who like to say is new but the box is totally open , I'm kidding I'm kidding :p

sometimes getting one open is better than new due to QC/defects.  That is if you are going to open it up anyways.

If it's opened,  the person would normally list the defects or tell you there's no noticeable defects. 

Even if it's sealed you can have major defects or missing parts. 

13 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Yet.

I’d say at all. The fact that they would not release more is a dumb business move by Bandai. Let alone to not ship the allotment just pisses off the entire base customers that keep them in business.

i wouldn’t pay that for it just as I wouldn’t pay 500 for an ostrich Yamato 1/60. 

In time they will reissue.

17 minutes ago, orindlt said:

I just checked my two (one from Loopaza, one from NY on the 6th) and both have similar minor discoloration in the same location, the underside of the right wing. Not enough to get excited about, but certainly noticeable if you look for it. More evidence for the "defect theory"?

Correct me if im wrong, but i guess the defects that we have being seeing are probably due to the matt coat treatment that was given to the kairos cos regular molded plastics have a shinny greasy surface due to the mold release agent

15 minutes ago, Bahamutzyro said:

I’d say at all. The fact that they would not release more is a dumb business move by Bandai. Let alone to not ship the allotment just pisses off the entire base customers that keep them in business.

i wouldn’t pay that for it just as I wouldn’t pay 500 for an ostrich Yamato 1/60. 

In time they will reissue.

I doubt they'll re-release (unless there really was a QC/yield issue), though they probably will release an Arad VF-31a, and possibly a unit 02 VF-31a.

20 minutes ago, F360 said:

sometimes getting one open is better than new due to QC/defects.  That is if you are going to open it up anyways.

If it's opened,  the person would normally list the defects or tell you there's no noticeable defects. 

Even if it's sealed you can have major defects or missing parts. 

True. I always inspect my toys for any production defects or missing parts whether its a spare or display piece cos manufacturing is so unreliable nowadays

4 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I doubt they'll re-release (unless there really was a QC/yield issue), though they probably will release an Arad VF-31a, and possibly a unit 02 VF-31a.

They may or may not release another variant of the 31A unless market forces have demostrated a great demand for it, which is true in this case cos we have being NYed badly. Bandai have demostrated in the past to have not release variants of a particular release for e.g. YF-30

23 minutes ago, recon said:

They may or may not release another variant of the 31A unless market forces have demostrated a great demand for it, which is true in this case cos we have being NYed badly. Bandai have demostrated in the past to have not release variants of a particular release for e.g. YF-30

Yeah, always weirds me out that they never re-issued or re-decoed the YF-30 or 19A. They were awesome Valks.

3 minutes ago, Tober said:

Yeah, always weirds me out that they never re-issued or re-decoed the YF-30 or 19A. They were awesome Valks.

They have already moved on from the yf-30 when they decided on the VF-31.  They will reuse the 19 in the near future. ^_^

27 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

Wife to be called up ny thru their english contact number and the guy assured her that they are still waiting on stock from bandai and will fulfilled the current orders, I really hope that is true and not just more delay tactics. 

I sincerely hope for the benefit of all Who POed from NY, that what the customer service told your wife is the truth. 

If it’s a matter of time for us to get the 31A at the PO price, then it’s worth the wait even if it’s up to a month after the official release 

7 hours ago, jenius said:

There's a chicken and the egg problem with that theory. There's also like no margin on these TWE offerings so it's hard to imagine NY pays proxies. I thought we had confirmation now that Bandai limited orders to one per customer so if NY ordered six per account on say 20 accounts expecting 120 units they would only receive 20.

Agreed. NY TWE price are really priced competitive. You would know if you tried to use other proxies since their price undercut the proxy price a little bit. Them using proxies would jack up the price. They should own all of the TWE account they use.

This thread has been a NY rant thread for a long time. Would it really be better to just transfer these discussion to somewhere else?

8 minutes ago, spanner said:

hope it went to a worthy buyer who missed out originally.

can't deny I was tempted to buy it myself but three is enough..

Who ever got it I'm sure is super stoked especially since Mandarake has very prompt delivery/shipping. B))

As for you good sir, if you do get a 4th that one should never be opened or ever see the day of light. Then sell it for $10,00 grand six months from now. LOL

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

That's odd...seems like it was the same one available before because only two have come up before at Mandarake and there are still only two shown as ever available. 

probably a relisting from a non payment order. 

14 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

That is really good news, Just wondering what happened to who ordered multiple units on the 6th, did they get a notice?

Im most likely sure those who ordered multiples on the 6th are getting stiffed by NY. Even before I filed my dispute with PP there were members who were getting their orders filled.