29 minutes ago, jenius said:

I don't think they're going to deliver for all preorders. Something is clearly wrong... The question now is, how wrong?

If that's going to be the case, I truly (and selfishly )hope they're going to be 'fair'.

By that, I mean chronologically prioritise the orders, and if you bought 5, refund 4 and send you one. (Would you rather get 1 or none at all? I for sure would settle for one )

I'd be fuming to get 'jumped' by some 'multiples' orders placed late November or whenever knowing I placed mine pretty much right at the beginning of October....<_<.

Hopefully this fiasco will have a good ending for everyone involved....

Don't worry about NY guys, I'm about to give them the money for the arcadia PF sdf-1.  That should keep them afloat for another few months.  :D

On a more serious note, didn't someone say there is going to be another wave of Kairos from Bandai?  Maybe that is all NY is waiting on (ofc, they should communicate that, if that is the reality)?

10 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Everyone saying that this will hopefully end well for all...it's too late, some people already got their orders cancelled. Just saying.

Has anyone had their order cancelled by NY?

I'd say be patient guys. At least give it a few more weeks before going beastmode on NY. I know it must be frustrating to not have your beloved 31a's in hand but I'm sure NY is well aware of this and has plenty of messages from you guys and other customers to prove it. ;) The last thing you want to do is cancel your order only to see that it would of been fulfilled in the end and lose out altogether. Wait it out a little longer and hopefully Bandai will honor their orders to distributors and customers alike. It must look very bad on them as a company if they can't do that, and if so.... Prepare the dimension eater.   

1 hour ago, Kanedas Bike said:

N-Y is dominating the discussion around whether or not people get their 31a's, and rightfully so since I believe the majority of our active members shop there, but I'm wondering if anyone actually got their order from MyKombini?

Mine was cancelled the other day along with the other folks that posted and I'm curious more than anything if they were able to deliver on any of the orders they took.

I'm also kind of  in the the same head-space as Jenius, I'm hopeful that N-Y does get all stock and does fill all orders, but this entire release has been a cluster and it's hard to know what news/updates to trust. Either because retailers don't really know what Bandai is doing or they have some other motivation to not be fully transparent (don't want to/can't refund all orders, still trying to source enough stock, want to sell at a higher markup, genuinely believe they'll get all stock, etc).

-b.  

Your order got cancelled too??? Sorry to hear that, at least MyKombini refunded us.

I believe NY will fill all orders.

10 minutes ago, TrickyCustomer said:

I'd say be patient guys. At least give it a few more weeks before going beastmode on NY. I know it must be frustrating to not have your beloved 31a's in hand but I'm sure NY is well aware of this and has plenty of messages from you guys and other customers to prove it. ;) The last thing you want to do is cancel your order only to see that it would of been fulfilled in the end and lose out altogether. Wait it out a little longer and hopefully Bandai will honor their orders to distributors and customers alike. It must look very bad on them as a company if they can't do that, and if so.... Prepare the dimension eater.   

I agree and thanks for sharing your thoughts. While I understand there is a cut-off date for paypal disputes (180 days after initial payment I believe), I am hopeful that either N-Y will eventually deliver all the orders, and in the worst case scenario, refund any unfilled orders (not through store credit). Paypal may also look into disputes past the 180 day deadline if they understand this is a PO situation and multiple customers are affected by the same company, if we ever get to that point. 

I'm trying to divert my focus on this order by, er, buying more valks.... just bought a VF-0S off another forum member earlier this week and am eagerly awaiting delivery tomorrow :)

4 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

October 7, 09:00am preorder customer here waiting in line a few spaces behind you lol.

Wow, I'm just right in front of you, 1:09 AM. Two cool dudes just chilling until his toys get notify and shipped. :p

5 minutes ago, TrickyCustomer said:

Wonder when the armor sets are up?

No idea...Hopefully not for a while so my wallet can recover.:D

For those of you who think Paypal will consider helping you after the 180 day period, good luck. I, along with tons of people lost a lot of money when Anime Island closed shop. Only thing is if I knew about this at that time, it may have helped.

8 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I agree and thanks for sharing your thoughts. While I understand there is a cut-off date for paypal disputes (180 days after initial payment I believe), I am hopeful that either N-Y will eventually deliver all the orders, and in the worst case scenario, refund any unfilled orders (not through store credit). Paypal may also look into disputes past the 180 day deadline if they understand this is a PO situation and multiple customers are affected by the same company, if we ever get to that point. 

I'm trying to divert my focus on this order by, er, buying more valks.... just bought a VF-0S off another forum member earlier this week and am eagerly awaiting delivery tomorrow :)

I was lucky/unlucky with my orders, came in good time but cost me extra ransom money. Hate seeing everyone pis#ed off with the whole deal. Yes other valks will definitely help! ^_^ Nice! i got the premium version preordered through NY...... oh god! :blink::lol:

My NY order actually came in today. No customs fees [in the UK] for the 31A too. Bought on the 6th of October if it helps.

The actual valk is very tight, some panel misalignment here and there and the gap behind the cockpit is very noticeable. Having difficulties unplugging the gun from the pod. 

5 minutes ago, Knightdramon said:

My NY order actually came in today. No customs fees [in the UK] for the 31A too. Bought on the 6th of October if it helps.

The actual valk is very tight, some panel misalignment here and there and the gap behind the cockpit is very noticeable. Having difficulties unplugging the gun from the pod. 

congrats!  When I lived in the UK, I ordered stuff from HLJ but was lucky enough to have never been charged any custom fees.  Seems like they are much stricter these days.

14 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

congrats!  When I lived in the UK, I ordered stuff from HLJ but was lucky enough to have never been charged any custom fees.  Seems like they are much stricter these days.

I guess it depends; very hit and miss. I have had one parcel from HLJ [MP Wheeljack shipped SAL] fly by. Other EMS parcels were held up. From NY I only had one parcel stopped and the customs charge ensured that it would have been cheaper to buy it from the UK!

Transformed the 31A to battroid. An absolute beauty, reminds me of an armored core mecha in these colours with the gun placed like a railgun on the backpack. Quite a contrast from Messer's more colourful, but still subdued, valk.

5 minutes ago, Knightdramon said:

Yay! Congrats. Enjoy!

Maybe there is some truth about the PO being slowly sent out in the order they were placed.(there is O.K!?)...If in order to buy all those POs they had to use different TWE accounts (not sure what was the maximum amount you could get per single TWE order), after that, shipped to different addresses, then shipped back to the NY warehouse before finally getting shipped to the customers. Now, for good measure, just add a sprinkle of unforeseen issues with the Bandai manufacturers,(maybe the first batch will self destroy after a set amount of transformations, poor assembly, unaligned parts etc) might explain the additional time.

As for the other sellers who refunded/cancelled, just to avoid issues with PayPal or CC...and customers going postal ( o.k, most probably out of greed, to slowly sell them back at $500 a pop.)

We should write a book...wait let's make it a movie, with a plot happening on a web forum, with murder twists and stuff! :lol:

O.k...I'm definitely loosing it now, no doubts!

55 minutes ago, Knightdramon said:

In case these things bothers you, I'm just here one PM away. :rolleyes:

On 4/3/2018 at 2:31 AM, IXTL said:

I'm prepared to lose my DX VF-31S pre-order with NY. Not keen on it and I find myself wondering why I need so many VF-31's. If NY cancel my 31A and 31S orders at the end, the bright side is I end up saving a nice sum of cash.

Have been looking for an exit from collecting valks and this affair might well be a blessing in disguise. Skyrocketing prices, lack of space and other issues (pre-order madness for DXs, NY nonsense etc.) have really taken the joy out of the hobby.

I feel the same way. Bandai seems to not want my business. Between not getting the 31JKai and the 31A, it's kind of ruined my collection of Delta valks that makes me wonder, what's the point? Since i can't complete the collection why bother with the rest. This is the first time in macross collecting I won't be able to complete a line. Which is weird considering most of the 31s except the two exceptions have been way easier to get than the Frontier valks .

The 31A should've been a normal release with a higher production run like the 25A. Everyone knew this was the one everyone wanted to get. The tomytec 31A was the first to sell out entirely too before the main character valks. I'm tired of subsidizing Bandai with the lower selling valks while they screw us with the ones we really want.

Ah, I came to that realization a while ago. I make little effort for Bandai items because of the crap. They keep getting me with the occasional macross Valk because they are pretty much the only game in town. But I stopped fighting for everything else. I gave up Soul of Chogokin and stick with Fewture and Sentinel, dumped their DBZ toys and started collecting Banpresto. Not worth late night preorder battles and this NY crap were going through here.

38 minutes ago, CharlesXavier said:

My friend has his 2 pc cancelled and refunded after he sent a ticket saying he will lodge a complaint with paypal if NY doesn't reply with a definite delivery date

wow! :o that's a real 'screw you, we didn't want your money anyways' from NY in regards to their paypal threat! LOL! 

What a cluster frakk.  Probably the most popular release from all of Delta completely effed up by Bandai.  I know you guys all got boned by NY but this is a Bandai problem.  This release should have been general and not a web exclusive and they screwed the lot of us.  I'm really sorry to you guys who had your orders dropped.

Except that usually the situation is reversed, the general releases are the ones that screw people over, due to the infinitesimally small release window.  It's the exclusives that everyone seems much more likely to be able to get.

This one is just a head scratcher, all around.

I didn't order one, due to some budget restraints during the PO period.  But I'm feeling for those of you who did.

I honestly don't care when they get stock, so long as they do.

I'm not going to delude myself with any expectation to ever get one though at this point.  Bandai still seems to have no freakin' clue how to judge the Macross fanbase.

What this really needs is someone who can actually address this issue from within Japan, because for all the ranting and raving here, Bandai doesn't receive any feedback, and can't even give any response.

Edited by Chronocidal

This whole fiasco about the 31A is just weird. Something that is supposedly made to order is suddenly short supplied for no reason. 

And it’s not even widely available on eBay or YJP. I’m sure bandai is clearly aware of the situation but are they running the production line to fulfill all POs or have they simply just moved on and thrown everyone under the bus?

So far, there has been no indication that this shortage of 31A has anything to do with Bandai. If Bandai needed more runs to fill demand for orders received, they would have announced different shipping batches as they have for other high demand Webshop Exclusives (e.g. GFF Wing Gundam EW etc).

Also, if Bandai had really delayed shipping to webshop customers, surely they would have announced a new date, either through the webshop page or directly to customers that ordered. The fact that NY don't seem to know when they can expect stock to come in seems very odd.

Edited by IXTL