Another day and still F all . Hopefully the Deculture gods heard our plight..... Otherwise...that's it, life-time boycott for Bandai, I sell everything (keeping all my Popy stuff though, but anything with a Bandai logo, up for grabs). I'll only collect Toynami's stuff..........or not.

Really tempted to sell this cursed preorder.  P'd off checking up that frozen 'order status' 50 times a day. Seriously, a 'proper' explanation should be in order by now. Are they just waiting for the all PayPal 'insurance/guarantees' to run out before announcing something. Really disappointed how they're going about this fiasco. :angry:

3 hours ago, Firefox said:

NY said that they have not received all the stock allocated to them, hence the delay. Looks like I have to wait for a long time.

As painful as CDJ was with their orders, I'm so glad I avoided ordering through NY for the Kairos.. but if Bandai has short supplied the vendors then they should issue a reason why. It's not fair to all the brand loyal customers who put their faith on the line spending their hard earned cash for these super expensive toys..

I do hope everyone gets what they ordered.

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Another Kai available. Get it before someone else does! 

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1079286571&ref=list

Even though that link is for the Kai, I'm surprised there's only been the one 31A pop up on Mandarake so far.. unless I'm not seeing the others?? People must be holding on to them waiting for the effects of the possible short supply to snowball to massive demand? Heck I dunno..? It's a sh!t situation..

Didn't get much time to mess about with my lot this evening as I only got back home 30mins ago from dinner.. which was great I might add! Can't go wrong with Thai! The soft shell crab is amazeballs!

Managed to get two of them switched over to gerwalk and battroid as planned but don't have time to fine tune their poses.. will have another go tomorrow as I desperately need my sleep.. But they still look awesome on display! Also glad I bought another two VF-25A so I can have those CF's setup as the three again! Can't wait!

20180404_210849.jpg

6 minutes ago, spanner said:

Didn't get much time to mess about with my lot this evening as I only got back home 30mins ago from dinner.. which was great I might add! Can't go wrong with Thai! The soft shell crab is amazeballs!

Managed to get two of them switched over to gerwalk and battroid as planned but don't have time to fine tune their poses.. will have another go tomorrow as I desperately need my sleep.. But they still look awesome on display! Also glad I bought another two VF-25A so I can have those CF's setup as the three again! Can't wait!

20180404_210849.jpg

Looks great man. I have two vf-25a's myself don't tempt me to go for a third! Lol

1 hour ago, hachi said:

Has anybody tried a proxy and ordered directly from Bandai? Or is that not possible?

Ordering directly from the Tamashii Web Shop was tricky in in the past because you needed to have a Japan issued credit card to pay for purchases. It was easier to just order from resellers or use a proxy buying service.

They've recently started to accept payment through Amazon Pay (linked to an Amazon JP account which you can input a non-Japan issued credit card into) so it should be possible for overseas customers to order directly and make payment and then have the items shipped to a forwarder.

Edited by IXTL

34 minutes ago, jrhudson311 said:

Is that a Ikea detolf those are in or something different?

Something different

17 minutes ago, TrickyCustomer said:

It does look like a ikea detolf.

It ain’t 

16 minutes ago, jrhudson311 said:

Seems awful roomie for a detolf.

Prezactly. 

Its got a black metal frame if you look close enough. The detolf has no external frame just glass and the shelves sit on a grey painted metal frame inside the glass. 

I seem to recall Spanner mentioning it was an ikea cabinet though but I might be wrong. 

1 hour ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Another day and still F all . Hopefully the Deculture gods heard our plight..... Otherwise...that's it, life-time boycott for Bandai, I sell everything (keeping all my Popy stuff though, but anything with a Bandai logo, up for grabs). I'll only collect Toynami's stuff..........or not.

Really tempted to sell this cursed preorder.  P'd off checking up that frozen 'order status' 50 times a day. Seriously, a 'proper' explanation should be in order by now. Are they just waiting for the all PayPal 'insurance/guarantees' to run out before announcing something. Really disappointed how they're going about this fiasco. :angry:

NY have ignored my last two tickets asking for more info than the cut/paste reply they've been giving everyone. In the past when they've delayed shipping for my orders, the order status was at least at "preparation in progress", meaning they actually had the item and were just taking their own sweet time to package and post it. Now they don't even have stock and I can't get a clear answer from them if they will actually be able to fulfill orders.

They may well come through at the end (who knows when?) but I'm not willing to take gamble on it by going past the PayPal Protection period. I'll be pulling the PayPal dispute trigger tomorrow (mid-day JST) if they continue with their customer service silence. I'm done doing business with this shady outfit.

Edited by IXTL

8 minutes ago, Moosey said:

Something different

It ain’t 

Prezactly. 

Its got a black metal frame if you look close enough. The detolf has no external frame just glass and the shelves sit on a grey painted metal frame inside the glass. 

I seem to recall Spanner mentioning it was an ikea cabinet though but I might be wrong. 

I needz that. @spanner, what type of cabinet are those 31A's in?

1 hour ago, spanner said:

20180404_210849.jpg

Awesome pic Spanner, thanks for sharing.

1 hour ago, spanner said:

As much as this shows off every configuration and is also beautiful, your valk's in the valk tank is still in my head! :D
Thanks for the pic posts!

54 minutes ago, IXTL said:

NY have ignored my last two tickets asking for more info than the cut/paste reply they've been giving everyone. In the past when they've delayed shipping for my orders, the order status was at least at "preparation in progress", meaning they actually had the item and were just taking their own sweet time to package and post it. Now they don't even have stock and I can't get a clear answer from them if they will actually be able to fulfill orders.

They may well come through at the end (who knows when?) but I'm not willing to take gamble on it by going past the PayPal Protection period. I'll be pulling the PayPal dispute trigger tomorrow (mid-day JST) if they continue with their customer service silence. I'm done doing business with this shady outfit.

My friend’s order of 2 pc got cancelled and refunded within the hour when he sent a ticket that he will lodge a paypal complaint against NY. Surprised that NY is still ignoring you. They stand more to lose if more customers raise a case against them on PayPal. 

49 minutes ago, IXTL said:

IXTL, forgot when you placed your order? I placed mine on the 10th. Seems that the last lucky few who got a 'preparation in progress' mail were placed on the 6th.  If they are currently sorting out orders placed on the 6th, I have 4 days of orders before they start on the ones placed on the 10th.

Maybe they are trickling whatever stock they get in order of payment after all? But from what can be gathered the forum, doesn't seem like it's more than 1 or 2 a day, if that .( Ultimately, it doesn't bode well for orders placed late October/November etc.)

Could it be that in order to avoid raising any 'suspicions' from TWE, they placed all their orders from different accounts, all got shipped to different addresses, and it's now taking forever shipping them back to their main warehouse??  *Sigh* 

At any rate, we could sit and debate the 'what ifs', all day. I'm still not sure what to do, was initially willing to wait it out, but their lack of communication is p'ing me off ( aside the 1 formatted reply I received 6 days ago). Don't really feel like having my account terminated nor loosing all my other current preorders for having cancelled that one, and not sure the Paypal protection route would be any better. Either way, I can't afford to loose the money from that cursed Kairos :(.

34 minutes ago, Charles_Xavier said:

My friend’s order of 2 pc got cancelled and refunded within the hour when he sent a ticket that he will lodge a paypal complaint against NY. Surprised that NY is still ignoring you. They stand more to lose if more customers raise a case against them on PayPal. 

I was expecting NY to jump straight ahead to cancel my pre-order and refund me rather than try to explain or resolve the issue. I'm almost surprised they decided to keep silent and risk a PayPal dispute instead.

IXTL, forgot when you placed your order? I placed mine on the 10th. Seems that the last lucky few who got a 'preparation in progress' mail were placed on the 6th.  If they are currently sorting out orders placed on the 6th, I have 4 days of orders before they start on the ones placed on the 10th.Maybe

At any rate, we could sit and debate the 'what ifs', all day. I'm still not sure what to do, was initially willing to wait it out, but their lack of communication is p'ing me off ( aside the 1 formatted reply I received 6 days ago). Don't really feel like having my account ter

they are trickling whatever stock they get in order of payment after all? But from what can be gathered the forum, doesn't seem like it's more than 1 or 2 a day, if that .( Ultimately, it doesn't bode well for orders placed late October/November etc.)

Could it be that in order to avoid raising any 'suspicions' from TWE, they placed all their orders from different accounts, all got shipped to different addresses, and it's now taking forever shipping them back to their main warehouse??  *Sigh* 

minated nor loosing all my other current preorders for having cancelled that one, and not sure the Paypal protection route would be any better. Either way, I can't afford to loose the money from that cursed Kairos :(.

My order is way later than that so if they are going in sequence (which may not be the case), it's going to be a while for them to get to mine. 

I'm fine with them closing my account. Only have a DX VF-31S Arad pre-order in it and I think I have Siegfried fatigue with the J and F already. The F was the only one I really wanted from the series and since I've got it, I can stop my collecting for Delta.

My biggest gripe is someone taking my money for close to half a year now and not delivering or being responsive when they've failed to deliver. Not getting a 31A or 31S isn't a biggie, it's just the same toy I already have with some new bits and colors. These things aren't cheap and I can find better use for the cash saved.

The main thing now is to get my cash back while PayPal is still covering me rather than try to work something out with NY later if they finally come out and say they can't deliver. I'm definitely not accepting store credit.

Edited by IXTL

1 hour ago, IXTL said:

Ordering directly from the Tamashii Web Shop was tricky in in the past because you needed to have a Japan issued credit card to pay for purchases. It was easier to just order from resellers or use a proxy buying service.

They've recently started to accept payment through Amazon Pay (linked to an Amazon JP account which you can input a non-Japan issued credit card into) so it should be possible for overseas customers to order directly and make payment and then have the items shipped to a forwarder.

Actually I registered once to a Japanese forwarder before but they required identity verification, so I was turned off and never used them. Thankfully I've never had a must-have item that I needed a forwarder for. But you never know what new item will come in the future, that's why I was wondering about other people's experiences using proxy service.

6 minutes ago, hachi said:

Actually I registered once to a Japanese forwarder before but they required identity verification, so I was turned off and never used them. Thankfully I've never had a must-have item that I needed a forwarder for. But you never know what new item will come in the future, that's why I was wondering about other people's experiences using proxy service.

ID registration is a requirement of Japanese law so I just went along with it when I needed to use a forwarding service. It depends on what works out to be the most cost effective for me. If buying directly and using a forwarder is best, then that's the route I'll use.

2 hours ago, IXTL said:

The main thing now is to get my cash back while PayPal is still covering me rather than try to work something out with NY later if they finally come out and say they can't deliver. I'm definitely not accepting store credit.

If this was really your main concern (getting a refund), wouldn’t you have been better off taking SlaveIV’s offer instead? You would’ve gotten more money out of it guaranteed. Plus SlaveIV may eventually get the Kairos for himself which he’s willing to wait for.

29 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

If this was really your main concern (getting a refund), wouldn’t you have been better off taking SlaveIV’s offer instead? You would’ve gotten more money out of it guaranteed. Plus SlaveIV may eventually get the Kairos for himself which he’s willing to wait for.

SlaveIV must be confident that NY will deliver eventually to place such a bet. 

1 hour ago, Charles_Xavier said:

SlaveIV must be confident that NY will deliver eventually to place such a bet. 

I am! At least confident enough that they will refund if they don't deliver. Basically, I'm willing to wait as long as it takes to find out. If anyone would rather have money and no Valk instead of waiting to see, I'm ready to go!

Edited by Slave IV

If they don't deliver they'll offer store credit before refunds so I don't think there's that much of a need to worry about solvency. I don't think they're going to deliver for all preorders. Something is clearly wrong... The question now is, how wrong?

N-Y is dominating the discussion around whether or not people get their 31a's, and rightfully so since I believe the majority of our active members shop there, but I'm wondering if anyone actually got their order from MyKombini?

Mine was cancelled the other day along with the other folks that posted and I'm curious more than anything if they were able to deliver on any of the orders they took.

I'm also kind of  in the the same head-space as Jenius, I'm hopeful that N-Y does get all stock and does fill all orders, but this entire release has been a cluster and it's hard to know what news/updates to trust. Either because retailers don't really know what Bandai is doing or they have some other motivation to not be fully transparent (don't want to/can't refund all orders, still trying to source enough stock, want to sell at a higher markup, genuinely believe they'll get all stock, etc).

-b.  

N-Y is certainly quirky. Am still annoyed at their combined package policies. I haven't heard of N-Y stiffing anyone in a big way though.

Delays from them I have had too but granted the regult missile set wasn't as hot as the 31a. They took close to month after release before they contacted me. I ordered near the very end of preorder. I must admit I forgot abt it because I wasn't initially going to get it, due to the sdf PF too.

Got it on the end probably abt 2 months after official release I thk.