Just contacted NY to see if they could provide any details.  My order was placed and paid for by 10/6/2017 at 7:31AM CST.  I have heard nothing from them.  It's sounding like Bandai once again screwed the pooch with production and not satisfied with limiting release sales, now wants to make it a gamble on whether you are going to get your preorder items as well.  I don't know what it is that they don't like making money so much that they produce an item then don't make enough to satisfy even initial demand for the product...

5 hours ago, CharlesXavier said:

For TWE items, it is made to order. When Bandai opens the TWE PO, there's a counter in place. Say 2000. Once the counter reaches 0, the PO closes automatically by the website. And when the PO closes too early, Bandai knows this is an indication of how popular the item is and they open another round of PO with a 1-2 months delay delivery date. We have seen that for Gundam Metal Build TWEs.

For the 31A, as far as I recall, the PO window opened till the last day and there wasn't even a need for a reopening to take in orders for a 2nd batch. This means that whatever PO was taken, Bandai was able to fulfill them 100%. The counter didn't reach 0 and close the PO window.

What could have happened, is there could be some production issues that popped up or they took more POs than they thought they could deliver in 1 sitting. That is why I heard from a retailer that his Japanese counterpart was waiting for a 2nd batch to be dispatched from Bandai.

As far as i know from the 10 years of collecting TWE items, Bandai has never cancelled any POs. There have been instances where they delayed the delivery date by 2 weeks to a month, but never a cancellation. TWE orders are always honored.

As for the truth behind the 31A, we will only know when more information pops up.

Did not know there was a counter. Yeah that's what I meant by they don't literally take 10340 orders, that there's a limit to their run. So customers fit their numbers other than the other way around. I do think there were QC issues with the valk. I have a slight scratch on one of mine on the nose and it just seems like little things probably kept some back in the factories.

Also grats Spanner now to share the love! Gotta hand Valks out like sweets!

4 minutes ago, Blue Meanie said:

No one should be panicking yet, I waited 2 weeks for the YF-30 from them. Not much past that now.

Here's enough reason to panick and yes I've been in contact with them since last week:

Need help?
If there's a problem, make sure to contact the seller through PayPal by April 4, 2018. You may be eligible for purchase protection.
Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

33 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Now more serious than ever...I'm still offering all those who are fed up with NY an out. $302 to you immediately to ease your worries. Just send me the Valk when you get it or when you get your refund, just refund me. Win/win!

Oooh tempting lol

I’m going to ride it out and see what happens though :)

2 minutes ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

Here's enough reason to panick and yes I've been in contact with them since last week:

Need help?
If there's a problem, make sure to contact the seller through PayPal by April 4, 2018. You may be eligible for purchase protection.

I agree its worrisome, but we aren't talking about a risky ebay item, its nippon-yasan, and they can suck but haven't ripped people off. They are the Seinfeld Soup chef of the collector world.

Wow, Spanner got his shipment confirmation after me and got his delivery sooner, lol. Different country of course. I am hoping for mine today. 

3 hours ago, Blue Meanie said:

my big worry is NY isn't solvent enough to refund $27,000 if just 100 of us got shorted by Bandai. some companies are just treading water

I don't think you need to worry about this.  I think for TWE the items must be paid for when ordered, I would think that NY would probably have to follow the same rules.  If anything and NY has to cancel our orders, they would probably have to wait for Bandai to refund them, then NY refund us. 

NY doesn't have the best CS, and they have some scalper prices sometimes, but they haven't done anyone majorly dirty just yet. 

3 minutes ago, Vortech said:

NY doesn't have the best CS, and they have some scalper prices sometimes, but they haven't done anyone majorly dirty just yet. 

I dunno, holding your money and other preorder items hostage seems pretty dirty.

EDIT:

BUT I don't have an actual dog in that fight, so maybe I should just shut my mouth. :D

Edited by kajnrig

23 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

I dunno, holding your money and other preorder items hostage seems pretty dirty.

EDIT:

BUT I don't have an actual dog in that fight, so maybe I should just shut my mouth. :D

I'd say passive aggresiveness at most, I haven't read that anyone has actually requested a refund from them directly just yet, but I could have missed it.

I've only read that people are ready to file a paypal dispute, it would be best to actually request cancellation and a refund if people are worried.  Then file a paypal dispute, as we are not sure what the circumstances with NY's 31A fiasco is currently over.  I will say that I am not happy with their customer service, but everything I have paid for in the past has been delivered, and if it could not be they have refunded me my money without me asking; therefore, I am lead to believe that they are either working or waiting on our orders, but most probably waiting on our orders from Bandai, or waiting to get reimbursed by Bandai, those would be the logical explanation for me, but who knows I could be completely wrong and they do us dirty and take all our money, but I'm sure the collecting community won't stand for it and NY would see severe backlash.

1 hour ago, Vortech said:

I don't think you need to worry about this.  I think for TWE the items must be paid for when ordered, I would think that NY would probably have to follow the same rules.  If anything and NY has to cancel our orders, they would probably have to wait for Bandai to refund them, then NY refund us. 

I don't know if it is that simple. For companies there is always cashflow and the money we sent to NY might not be used for paying the Bandai preorders. They might be used to pay much more eminent bills  while other customers provide the cash to pay for the VF-31A bill and so on.

If a company is in financial trouble they might use the every cent they can gather to pay the bill that is most eminent to them and hope they make it over the hump to keep going. 

Little show off pic of first display. Sadly I just moved and my 31F and YF-30 are in storage or I'd get a group pic together. 

Happy birthday (it's later this week) to me. 

IMG_20180403_103425.jpg

Edited by Master Dex

5 hours ago, IXTL said:

NY is based in Japan but isn't run by Japanese. I believe their staff is mostly French.

4 hours ago, rdrunner said:

And I wonder if this is the reason why Bandai decided to shaft them with the POs?

As Sir Leigh Teabing once said...

dd33ad19-4994-4a09-8fc5-ff95bd90fbd5_tex

:rolleyes:

7 hours ago, spanner said:

All three are out of their boxes, have been inspected and put on display for now. As far as I can tell they are all perfect with no visible or obvious defects. Thoroughly impressed with them! Loving the clear canopy! Would love to switch their modes for display but it's getting late and I need sleep. Here's a photo to enjoy!

20180403_203311.jpg

Looks awesome, Spanner! :wub: :good:

By the way, first dibs on one if ever you decided to sell it down the line. :rolleyes: ;)

1 hour ago, Scyla said:

I don't know if it is that simple. For companies there is always cashflow and the money we sent to NY might not be used for paying the Bandai preorders. They might be used to pay much more eminent bills  while other customers provide the cash to pay for the VF-31A bill and so on.

If a company is in financial trouble they might use the every cent they can gather to pay the bill that is most eminent to them and hope they make it over the hump to keep going. 

Yeah, that could be one possible scenario, I just pray to god that is not the case, but since people are reporting that they are receiving other items they have ordered from NY, I think this may be an isolated incident for the VF-31A.

11 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Mercury and Hermes are the same dude. :mellow:

Yeah, but depending on whether you like Roman or Greek Gods is up to each individual. It's nice to have options :D

EDIT: I just realized my Kairos in now in preparation at NY!!!

Edited by NUNS

40 minutes ago, vfxraven19 said:

Finally... Just saw this right now, they sent it at 2:00am this morning.

Looks like some shipment came in.

image.png.f3292f3d9c879a158649a8612e7bca41.png

nice! Wonder if anyone else on the second list from yesterday received any updates or changes to their order status?

I just checked mine, but no luck...

Still no motion on my NY order.

2017-10-07 00:09:08 Pre-order - Payment OK
2017-10-07 00:08:34 Processing Payment
2017-10-07 00:07:00 Order created

Just 1 VF-31a.

I've got a 70,000yen+ pre-order coming due on the 18th. I'm going to wait until I get movement on the 31a.

1 minute ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Still no motion on my NY order.

2017-10-07 00:09:08 Pre-order - Payment OK
2017-10-07 00:08:34 Processing Payment
2017-10-07 00:07:00 Order created

Just 1 VF-31a.

I've got a 70,000yen+ pre-order coming due on the 18th. I'm going to wait until I get movement on the 31a.

Mine is also for a single order, about 9 hours after yours lol.  It didn't take them long to process the payment did it, yet the wait for the actual shipment is painstakingly loooong...

Macross DX Chogokin and Gundam Metal Build are the only two lines that I can think of, where customers are expected to practically enter into a lottery, first by staying up (for those of us in the USA at least) in the early hours of the morning, committing hard cash to the prepayment, and STILL cannot expect 100% certainty of getting the merchandise! 

I think someone used a junkie/dealer reference - on reflection, I think that's a pretty apt description of what a few of us are going through right now (sniff).:wacko:

10 hours ago, seti88 said:

Nice pic spanner! :wub: My single A just came in today as well.

With that color, looks a bit like 3 great whites (with them fins and all) circling ur valk tank! ^_^

......0eaD1iC.gif.6590b537c2827f517b46d1cd4d7e6cb0.gif

:lol: They do look like great whites eh!

10 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Very nice, I’m jelly :)

:good:^_^

10 hours ago, chyll2 said:

Spannered!

:rofl:

10 hours ago, TrickyCustomer said:

Nicey Nicey them fella. Need me some decent stands for mine. You going to battroid and gerwalk two of them? 

The Yeti's are the best around but the FP stands aren't so bad and they are quite cheap! 

9 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

Lucky you just be careful with these stands ;p

Thanks Xigfrid! though I've never had an issue with the FP stands.. Though after I transform two of these into Gerwalk and Battroid there will only be one on a stand anyways..

9 hours ago, Blue Meanie said:

my big worry is NY isn't solvent enough to refund $27,000 if just 100 of us got shorted by Bandai. some companies are just treading water

A concern no doubt but I'm sure they have accounted for scenarios like that.. surely they would as the risks would be too high for their business..

8 hours ago, Scyla said:

This thought crossed my mind as well. And this might be the reason why we haven't seen mass refunds yet. :unsure:

Hopefully it doesn't end up that way..

7 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Admittedly I'm very jelly right now, but great job getting the three 31A's!  Nice display!

Thanks! 

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

As Sir Leigh Teabing once said...

dd33ad19-4994-4a09-8fc5-ff95bd90fbd5_tex

:rolleyes:

Looks awesome, Spanner! :wub: :good:

By the way, first dibs on one if ever you decided to sell it down the line. :rolleyes: ;)

I once dated a French girl and she was quite trust worthy! I know its not quite the same but I thought I'd still throw that out there! And no she never wore the sexy maid outfit for me.. :p:lol:

Thanks Noel! bUT I'm not so sure I'll be selling any of these beauties off any time soon!:rolleyes: :D

2 hours ago, vfxraven19 said:

Finally... Just saw this right now, they sent it at 2:00am this morning.

Looks like some shipment came in.

image.png.f3292f3d9c879a158649a8612e7bca41.png

This is good to see! Hope others get their notices soon!

1 hour ago, Blue Meanie said:

isZlHvR.png

this is gold! so funny! but I do feel for those still waiting on word from NY. I sincerely hope all you guys who ordered with NY get their orders. I'm sure everything will be fine.

4 minutes ago, spanner said:

I once dated a French girl and she was quite trust worthy! I know its not quite the same but I thought I'd still throw that out there! And no she never wore the sexy maid outfit for me.. :p:lol:

Thanks Noel! bUT I'm not so sure I'll be selling any of these beauties off any time soon!:rolleyes: :D

Hahaha! What sexy maid outfit? That's too stereotype right? But hey, just between us, you can PM me if she really did wear one. :lol:

Also, I didn't say anytime soon... I just let it out you know, just in case you're in that 'transition' stage again, you know I'll be here for you for that VF-31A. :rolleyes:

11 hours ago, spanner said:

All three are out of their boxes, have been inspected and put on display for now. As far as I can tell they are all perfect with no visible or obvious defects. Thoroughly impressed with them! Loving the clear canopy! Would love to switch their modes for display but it's getting late and I need sleep. Here's a photo to enjoy!

20180403_203311.jpg

Have you run into any issues with any of them locking both their intakes to the fuselage in fighter mode? Mine keep popping out. I can either have one locked in all the way or the other, but when I try to push both in they eventually pop back out.