Here's the thing now since we don't know how things working out between NY and Bandai. Are they being promised by Bandai will supply them stocks and not refund the customers at this point? Or NY is also holding on to see if Bandai will supply them more? Would be nice if they could just say, we're waiting for supplies at this number of days, and if this number of days have passed without any stocks from Bandai we will start refunding everyone. Atleast it's more realistic that way. Oh well, like I said, my interest on the Kairos is waning now. :unsure:

43 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Here's the thing now since we don't know how things working out between NY and Bandai. Are they being promised by Bandai will supply them stocks and not refund the customers at this point? Or NY is also holding on to see if Bandai will supply them more? Would be nice if they could just say, we're waiting for supplies at this number of days, and if this number of days have passed without any stocks from Bandai we will start refunding everyone. Atleast it's more realistic that way. Oh well, like I said, my interest on the Kairos is waning now. :unsure:

The 31A being a Tamashii Webshop exclusive means NY isn't ordering from a Bandai distributor as a retailer. They ordered through the webshop as any collector living in Japan did. The webshop probably had limits on how many pieces one account/address could order so NY likely needed several accounts/addresses to place their orders.

Assuming they placed as many orders with the webshop as they took pre-orders from us, they shouldn't have problems fulfilling orders. 

Initially, I thought they needed more time to consolidate all their stocks from various addresses before they could ship out orders but with the two week delay (31A was released officially mid-March), I'm not so sure now. They'd better not be trying to buy stocks off the 2nd hand market and stiffing us by asking for more money to cover our orders.

Edited by IXTL

59 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us,

We are sorry for the delay, we didn't receive all of our stocks for this item.

Your order will be sent as soon as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Nippon-yasan.com

That's the one. Had to open 2 tickets just to squeeze a different answer out of them. It looks like I may need to open another one as they are refusing to answer my follow up query on whether they could actually fulfill the pre-orders.

Edited by IXTL

One thing about NY, do they even prioritise their orders? (At least for TWE or other 'specials' that require immediate payement). Some people might've have paid /po'd the Kairos in November or later, and yet got theirs sent earlier? Infuriating for the customers who paid early October just as the Po opened. I really hope they go by date when/if they ever get any stock. I've contacted them once last week regarding the issue only to get the obligatory formatted BS. I would've much rather appreciated a formatted apology without having to chase for it. (...ok....I would've been p'd off either way...but still....). Who knows? Maybe in a few weeks we'll get some concrete news. This whole thing is getting tiresome, and at this stage, I'd welcome a refund over checking my NY order status 3 times a day like a plonker.

7 minutes ago, IXTL said:

The 31A being a Tamashii Webshop exclusive means NY isn't ordering from a Bandai distributor as a retailer. They ordered through the webshop as any collector living in Japan did. The webshop probably had limits on how many pieces one account/address could order so NY likely needed several accounts/addresses to place their orders.

Assuming they placed as many orders with the webshop as they took pre-orders from us, they shouldn't have problems fulfilling orders. 

Erm, I seem to remember their PO stay opened way too long (or so it seemed). It was sold out everywhere, yet they were still taking orders....<_<

All the while I thought NY prioritize who ordered first based on the order list that they received. If it's just random then it's pointless to order as soon it becomes available rather than just order it anytime you want before the deadline date. 

22 minutes ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Erm, I seem to remember their PO stay opened way too long (or so it seemed). It was sold out everywhere, yet they were still taking orders....<_<

They actually extend the PO for their web exclusive. This is common practice for NY which makes me believe that they buy the maximum slot based on the # of accounts they have.

For 31A, it actually ended a lot earlier than usual. It is common for their web exclusive to remain open a month prior to release date. For 31A, the PO closed at around early December.

31 minutes ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

I seriously dont want to alarm anyone, but what if NY is stalling on people who are nearing their Paypal protection limit of 180 days?

Those who feel really uneasy can file for PayPal refund just to be safe. Maybe NY has lots of orders to pack and send out but happens that most of the buyers are not from this forum. 

Some of us here have received their 31As or delivery confirmation so I think it should be fine. 

Edited by Charles_Xavier

7 minutes ago, Charles_Xavier said:

Those who feel really uneasy can file for PayPal refund just to be safe. Maybe NY has lots of orders to pack and send out but happens that most of the buyers are not from this forum. 

Some of here is have received their 31As or delivery confirmation so I think it should be fine. 

Well heres the crap... I have other orders with NY (including my paid mirage super parts) and this is their bs they posted under the transaction via paypal.

Message from 株式会社NIPPONーYASAN.COM

Nippon-Yasan.Com - Warning

Hello, We want to advise you if a PayPal dispute is open all your orders will be cancel and your account will be closed until the dispute is solve. Before open a PayPal dispute please contact our Customer Service: Monday to Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Japanese Time Contact: https://www.nippon-yasan.com/contact/ Phone: +81 899929844 Fax: +81 899893254

Ive already contacted them 3x. Got the usual bs response everyone else is getting and I pretty much placed (and paid) my order within the first 2 hrs (if not 3) when they started taking orders. I can confirm at least three other members on here who have placed their orders hrs, days and maybe a week after who have had their orders filled. 

I got until April 4th to dispute.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

A friend of mine just told me that NY refunded his $ immediately when he wrote to them that he will lodge a complaint to PayPal if they don’t provide him any updates on a firm delivery date  

Next thing he knew, within the next hour, his $ is refunded and his 31As order is cancelled. 

I believe NY will not risk their PayPal account being suspended so I feel it’s advisable not to use paypal to press them. 

4 minutes ago, Charles_Xavier said:

A friend of mine just told me that NY refunded his $ immediately when he wrote to them that he will lodge a complaint to PayPal if they don’t provide him any updates on a firm delivery date  

Next thing he knew, within the next hour, his $ is refunded and his 31As order is cancelled. 

I believe NY will not risk their PayPal account being suspended so I feel it’s advisable not to use paypal to press them. 

I already informed NY if there is no update I'm filing a Paypal dispute tomorrow.

I have two orders with NY. The first has been fulfilled and was made early in the PO process when PO's opened. The second hasn't and was made much later. Though this is a single data point, I'm inferring that they are processing in terms of order date. If they'd fulfilled my second order first, then I'd be more amenable to the hypothesis that they were filling orders randomly. One takeaway from this for me is that even when the exclusive process means that you can wait to file a pre-order because they won't fill quickly, you're better off ordering as soon as stuff goes up than you are if you hold back. 

1 hour ago, jrhudson311 said:

Man!  It sounds like you guys are wearing NY out.  I have sent 0 emails to them about my 31a but choose to be patient and see what happens.

If they were upfront and updated customers on the situation without customers having to ask, they could have avoided this. Right now, people are getting annoyed because an expensive item that was supposed to be available more than a week ago and which people paid for close to half a year ago is seemingly in limbo.

This doesn't bode well.

My estimated delivery date was today.  But instead of my tracking showing "Out for Delivery" or something within that ballpark, the tracking hasn't been updated.

For the past several days the status has been "In Transit to Next Facility."  Where was it at?  Where is it in transit to?  Who knows?  The only reliable thing is the status has been refreshed each morning.

Except this morning.

And a quick addendum.  As I was typing this, I checked again.  Now all the status update times have disappeared, leaving only the dates.  Getting nervous now.

10 minutes ago, IXTL said:

If they were upfront and updated customers on the situation without customers having to ask, they could have avoided this. Right now, people are getting annoyed because an expensive item that was supposed to be available more than a week ago and which people paid for close to half a year ago is seemingly in limbo.

I guess I have low expectations . :-p

I payed for my VF-31A preoder on the 6th of October 2017 which seems pretty early for me. Thing is that was 178 days ago so maybe filing a PayPal claim the next few days might be a good idea...

No matter what the outcome is I think I will  order my TWE items from a new store the next time. Since the pay later option is gone from NY for those items I don't see any benefits from staying with NY. The only thing that kept me shopping was that sometimes their items snuk through customs but what good is it if I can't get the item at all.

4 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Received in my inbox this morning...

MyKombini
HI,

DX CHOGOKIN VF-31A KAIROS MACROSS DELTA BANDAI LIMITED IS NOW AVAILABLE.

This item is once again in-stock.

You can access the product page by clicking on the link: DX Chogokin VF-31A Kairos Macross Delta Bandai limited
You can order it right now from our online shop.

MyKombini 

I got the same email but the link is dead

5 hours ago, Kinzoku VF said:

One thing about NY, do they even prioritise their orders? (At least for TWE or other 'specials' that require immediate payement). Some people might've have paid /po'd the Kairos in November or later, and yet got theirs sent earlier? Infuriating for the customers who paid early October just as the Po opened. I really hope they go by date when/if they ever get any stock. I've contacted them once last week regarding the issue only to get the obligatory formatted BS. I would've much rather appreciated a formatted apology without having to chase for it. (...ok....I would've been p'd off either way...but still....). Who knows? Maybe in a few weeks we'll get some concrete news. This whole thing is getting tiresome, and at this stage, I'd welcome a refund over checking my NY order status 3 times a day like a plonker.

I offered $300, or actually it went up to $302 to anyone who was fed up and didn't want their order from NY to give it to me a few posts back. Offer still stands. 

Another frustrated NY customer here waiting for my VF-31A that I ordered and paid for on Oct 7 last year.  I sent out a ticket over the weekend asking for status update and got the same copy & paste reply above.  I also paid with paypal but am patiently hoping that they will deliver my order eventually.

Do we know how many of us are still waiting for NY to deliver, and how many of us have received shipment or notice of shipment?  I wonder if they're holding out on the paypal customers while shipping out quicker to others who chose to pay with credit cards??

53 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I offered $300, or actually it went up to $302 to anyone who was fed up and didn't want their order from NY to give it to me a few posts back. Offer still stands. 

Oh. Thought we're just joking around on that to throw some humor here since everyone including me is getting tiresome on this situation. Sorry about that, sir. ^_^ If I already have multiples from other stores I would probably let this one go to help out fellow member. But this is my only order so even if I'm already losing interest somehow I still decided to just wait out for a little bit. 

35 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Do we know how many of us are still waiting for NY to deliver, and how many of us have received shipment or notice of shipment?  I wonder if they're holding out on the paypal customers while shipping out quicker to others who chose to pay with credit cards??

I don't think it matters at this point whether you paid thru paypal or credit cards. It's already been paid and processed months ago, so either way they already got your money. ;) 

42 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Another frustrated NY customer here waiting for my VF-31A that I ordered and paid for on Oct 7 last year.  I sent out a ticket over the weekend asking for status update and got the same copy & paste reply above.  I also paid with paypal but am patiently hoping that they will deliver my order eventually.

I ordered early and paid with card, still no joy on mine.

6 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I ordered early and paid with card, still no joy on mine.

I wonder if NY is shipping based on your rank.  I'm only Rank 1 and ordered mine Oct 6 and still no shipping notice.

2 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

31A was available at mykombini for a hot second. Didn’t manage to grab one :(

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

Just now? Or do you mean way back when? Because if now, I need to have some words with them...

Very interesting since they haven't shipped my order and then cancelled some orders (at least 2 as reported on the Forums) for not having enough stock. But I'm not going to add any stress to myself and with that I'm just going to remain "patient", like someone else said I'm either going to get my 31a's or I'm going to get my money back. 

Surprised no one has posted the iconic panic button picture yet. Especially with the fever pitch re: orders from N-Y.

-b.

38 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Oh. Thought we're just joking around on that to throw some humor here since everyone including me is getting tiresome on this situation. Sorry about that, sir. ^_^ If I already have multiples from other stores I would probably let this one go to help out fellow member. But this is my only order so even if I'm already losing interest somehow I still decided to just wait out for a little bit. 

I don't think it matters at this point whether you paid thru paypal or credit cards. It's already been paid and processed months ago, so either way they already got your money. ;) 

Part joking, part real. I'm not going to back out of what I said, joking or not. Just seems like a lot of people are saying they'd rather have refunds and are fed up with NY. I figure $300 covers more than anyone paid NY with enough to cover slapping postage on it to send to me when they get it and have some extra left over to help ease the trauma NY caused. Everyone wins!

Damn, concerning this VF-31A issue I'm a bit worried as I have Mirage's Super parts on pre-order at NY. Hope this is not common practice :blink:.

But even if your Kairos is shipped other things can go wrong. Currently I have the situation that a package with some model kits have arrived 6 weeks ago and went through customs (took 2 weeks) and still DHL doesn't manage to deliver it to me :angry:.

18 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Very interesting since they haven't shipped my order and then cancelled some orders (at least 2 as reported on the Forums) for not having enough stock. But I'm not going to add any stress to myself and with that I'm just going to remain "patient", like someone else said I'm either going to get my 31a's or I'm going to get my money back. 

See, I'll be honest, this type of thing would have me screaming bloody murder at them for shafting their customers.  You don't go cancelling orders, and then sell newly acquired items to whoever happens to click fast enough.  You send an apology to the customer you cancelled on, and offer the item to them first. :angry: