eBay 20% Off Everything (starts on 03-09-18 8:00am PST) 

https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2018/0309/7020.html

Use the code PSPRING20 (one-time use)
• Open to eBay accounts registered in US and CA
• Excludes Gift Cards & Coupons, Coins & Paper Money, Real Estate
• $100 maximum discount / $25 minimum purchase

For some Valk deals on ebay? ...................:lol:  or other stuff.. 

Edited by F360

Yeah, I just bought a model kit last night that'll cost ~$100 once it ships (which is no $900, but still :D), and I could've used this coupon and gotten it State-side for ~$75. Oh well, there's other things I can still use it for.

Edited by kajnrig

1 hour ago, F360 said:

eBay 20% Off Everything (starts on 03-08-18 8:00am PST) 

https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2018/0309/7020.html

Use the code PSPRING20 (one-time use)
• Open to eBay accounts registered in US and CA
• Excludes Gift Cards & Coupons, Coins & Paper Money, Real Estate
• $100 maximum discount / $25 minimum purchase

For some Valk deals on ebay? ...................:lol:  or other stuff.. 

I'm impressed that it includes Canada.

On 08/03/2018 at 1:02 AM, valhary said:

A lot of people out there don't like us the VF 31F head design and I think is OK look for alternatives

DEqhpnTV0AAkBmy.jpg

DEVKdWPUAAAAQdr.jpg

DMJxUWNVwAEcqIi.jpg

DWUUnE4UMAEZ_-5.jpg

That black peak makes it a million times better looking. Horn still looks so out of place though. Love the old strike parts and that wrist blade on it. 

I haven’t been keeping up on Macross toys lately. What’s the general consensus on the Bandai VF-31s and SV-262? Are any of them worth buying? Any problems with them? Is there going to be a renewal release? What’s a good price for one? Do they come with separate armor you have to buy? 

Sorry for for all the questions, I just need a quick crash course on these toys before I leave Tokyo.

Edited by rsvictor1976

The VF-31 is considered to have very good mechanics, while the -262 looks great but is a bit... intricate in it's transformation.

They're both worth buying, if you like the design, but the -31 is the more popular of the two going by the current prices.

The VF-31 has super-parts available, but they were a Tamashii web store item rather than standard retail release.

THe SV-262 has a pack which includes missile launchers for the legs/wings, Lil' Draken drones, a sword, and a fixed-pose shield. Again, Tamashii web shop.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

5 minutes ago, rsvictor1976 said:

I haven’t been keeping up on Macross toys lately. What’s the general consensus on the Bandai VF-31s and SV-262?

They're considered the best DXes thus far.

Are any of them worth buying?

If you like the designs, yes.

Any problems with them?

That, I wouldn't be able to answer you.

Is there going to be a renewal release?

Thus far there's no talk of a Renewal, and since it's only been a year... I think there was a 3-4 year span between the 1.0 VF-25s and the Renewals?

What’s a good price for one?

I've been seeing them up in the FS sections for $200-275 USD. There was an SV-262 that sold for ~$125 on Yahoo Auctions Japan, but I think it's safe to say that's a lucky (for the customer) outlier.

Do they come with separate armor you have to buy? 

Yes.

VF-31s have Super Packs (with Armored Pack and Lil' Drakens Pack teased).

SV-262s have Lil' Drakens + Missile Pods packs.

On 3/7/2018 at 5:02 PM, valhary said:

A lot of people out there don't like us the VF 31F head design and I think is OK look for alternatives

DEVKdWPUAAAAQdr.jpg

For some reasons, this custom reminds me the head of Dragonar. Looks cool btw. ^_^

4 hours ago, rsvictor1976 said:

I haven’t been keeping up on Macross toys lately. What’s the general consensus on the Bandai VF-31s and SV-262? Are any of them worth buying? Any problems with them? Is there going to be a renewal release? What’s a good price for one? Do they come with separate armor you have to buy? 

Sorry for for all the questions, I just need a quick crash course on these toys before I leave Tokyo.

Whilst the 31 is everyone's fav, the 262 is a significant evolution of valk lineage. The only valk with a single tail rudder(in whole of macross history?), single thruster fuselage, rudder that becomes a shield and under carriage BFG. A must get if you are a valk collector. 

If you are in JP you might want to hunt down a yf-30 as well. There will be a lot of 31's recolours and releases are still ongoing but there is the one and only yf-30 Kronos, thr lineage link to the 31.

Edited by seti88

7 hours ago, rsvictor1976 said:

The 31 is the Gold Standard DX now.  It's solid all around and  transforms pretty easily and looks great in all three modes.  The 262 is an engineering mess.  It's unique, and interesting, and pretty cool looking but transformation is really awful and it doesn't have all of the locking mechanisms it should.

@rsvictor1976: The 31 will be the safer alternative to the SV-262 in order of transformation and user friendly standards. Although the Draken is the most outstanding enemy mecha valks in the series, I have read and learned that the SV-262 has went backwards in transformation while 31 was easier to handle upon transformation (even thought the 31 was designed after the Draken and released first in the line as per fighter wise).

The 262's transformation is different,  due to the 262's single fuselage configuration. You can mostly tell the body parts in the 31 fighter (due to the familiar VF-1, 0, 19, 25, 29, 30 configurations), but come to the 262, its not obvious at a glance where the legs, arms and even head is. 

In that sense, the 31 is a linear evolution of the venerable twin thrust valk, whilst the 262 is a totally different bird.
Totally understandable why the 31 is more user friendly, if one is already familiar transforming macross valks.

24 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Totally understandable why the 31 is more user friendly, if one is already familiar transforming macross valks.

But that's not why.  Compare it to the model kit.  The DX 262 was just generally over-engineered and has a lot more moving and odd pieces than is necessary.

18 minutes ago, Mommar said:

But that's not why.  Compare it to the model kit.  The DX 262 was just generally over-engineered and has a lot more moving and odd pieces than is necessary.

Yup, I have both, and the extra complexity in the wing hinges and the transformation mechanic is not necessary. The model transforms quite easily.

Am not comparing DX vs kit, rather addressing the fact a 262 is more difficult to transform than a 31.
By its nature the 262 would be, because its has a different layout of arms, legs etc compared to the typical valk layout we have been used to. 

For macross fans already familiar transforming the vf-1 or vf-29, 30, they can anticipate where the body parts are in the 31. It would be more familiar and less uncomfortable in attacking the transformation in that sense.

Edited by seti88

16 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Am not comparing DX vs kit, rather addressing the fact a 262 is more difficult to transform than a 31.
By its nature the 262 would be, because its has a different layout of arms, legs etc compared to the typical valk layout we have been used to. 

For macross fans already familiar transforming the vf-1 or vf-29, 30, they can anticipate where the body parts are in the 31. It would be more familiar and less uncomfortable in attacking the transformation in that sense.

However, the kit version of the 262 is actually fairly easy to transform. Which means it's not so much a problem with the design of the valkyrie, more a problem with the design of the DX Chogokin version.

I would gather a majority would rely on a guide in more detail when transforming a 262. I can say for sure i did, and in fact i still rely on a 262 guide more than the 31, even after transforming it.

Whereas for the 31, I attempted to transform it first (based on previous experience), and then do a dbl chck on the guide just to be sure.

When my sv262 "finally arrives" (NY didn't process it and ship it for a whole week for starters!) i will see what the transformation difficulty is like. I have very little experience in transforming valks, only three to be precise. I will be able to say as a novice "transformer" just how tough it really is compared to the vf-31a i am eagerly awaiting.

On 3/4/2018 at 5:51 AM, darthmayhugh said:

Dude I absolutely feel the same way....... I had 6 1/60 of my valks in my collection stolen... Now I only have 2 the kit kinds and 2 HMR I want to collect Dx Chogokin Delta figures so bad but with the prices and the fact they don't sell them here in America im over it!

Wow! Stolen? Wat is this world coming to when people steal your valks! Wtf?!

3 hours ago, TrickyCustomer said:

When my sv262 "finally arrives" (NY didn't process it and ship it for a whole week for starters!) i will see what the transformation difficulty is like. I have very little experience in transforming valks, only three to be precise. I will be able to say as a novice "transformer" just how tough it really is compared to the vf-31a i am eagerly awaiting.

I just got mine yesterday, pretty similar experience (I've only done 4-5 different valk types).  This one is definitely tough, it honestly took me almost an hour to go from fighter to gerwalk.  Had to look at several videos, haven't even done battroid yet.  The good news is, I think you can skip the hardest part of gerwalk (connecting two pegs into a bracket) if you only want to go to battroid.

The vf-31 looks significantly easier, but I won't get to try that until the Arad version is out.

26 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

I just got mine yesterday, pretty similar experience (I've only done 4-5 different valk types).  This one is definitely tough, it honestly took me almost an hour to go from fighter to gerwalk.  Had to look at several videos, haven't even done battroid yet.  The good news is, I think you can skip the hardest part of gerwalk (connecting two pegs into a bracket) if you only want to go to battroid.

The vf-31 looks significantly easier, but I won't get to try that until the Arad version is out.

That's crazy! More a puzzle than valk then. I'll be sure to keep the patience on standby. I think once one is in battroid mode it will stay as that. It's kind of strangely annoying when a valk looks good in all modes. Means you have to buy two or three just so you can be happy with them on display. Otherwise it would get frustrating to choose which mode to put it in. Plus if it is difficult to transform then that's even worse.