32 minutes ago, Mommar said:

You’ll see the three in formation soon enough, anyway.

Sounds good! I will probably grab a third after launch. That reminds me... Is there a thread or page where members can show off their valkyrie collections? I'm not speaking for myself (mine are in boxes) :D Well, except for my hi metal r vf-2ss. But would love to see everyone's collections on display. It doesn't matter if the collection is one valk or 100. Just be good to appreciate the various types of valkyries available.

Edited by TrickyCustomer

1 hour ago, TrickyCustomer said:

Sounds good! I will probably grab a third after launch. That reminds me... Is there a thread or page where members can show off their valkyrie collections? I'm not speaking for myself (mine are in boxes) :D Well, except for my hi metal r vf-2ss. But would love to see everyone's collections on display. It doesn't matter if the collection is one valk or 100. Just be good to appreciate the various types of valkyries available.

I was actually looking for that thread again (it's been a while since I've last saw it) and your jaws are going to drop when you take a gander into there..

That thread hasn't been updated recently since the last post in October 5th/2017. :mellow: 

31 minutes ago, borgified said:

I was actually looking for that thread again (it's been a while since I've last saw it) and your jaws are going to drop when you take a gander into there..

That thread hasn't been updated recently since the last post in October 5th/2017. :mellow: 

Hey thanks! Oh I can imagine some collections being rather large. I definitely take a look. It's a appreciated no matter how many valks are on display. Plus gives me a chance to see types I might have overlooked. One day I'll have mine on display as they should be. 

Edited by TrickyCustomer

4 hours ago, F360 said:

Glad I changed my shipping address then. I am leaving my current address on the 16th, lol.

On 3/2/2018 at 1:03 PM, Sandman said:

A little too rich for my blood. No offense to you as you are justified selling at market price. I'm just annoyed that I can't easily secure one at retail price and don't feel like I should have to pay the crazy mark up because I couldn't win a lottery. It's really souring me on the hobby right now. Imagine if they did that for frontier with the yf-29. That would have sucked.

A year ago I probably would have just paid the mark up (i paid $300 for the focker yf-29 back when it first came out - way overpriced for even now) but since then my disposable income has been greatly swallowed up by my kid's needs. Also, the USD to CAD exchange is so bad that it's not worth ordering from US sellers. So I can't justify doing this anymore. If I can't even complete delta squad I will probably use this as an excuse to quit collecting. After at least 8 years of these crazy per-order nights and now this lottery scheme, I'm tired. I hate having to plan my life around pre-order nights. I'm so busy I can't even remember what day a preorder night is or even that there was a preorder. 

The situation with the Kai really bums me out. I know it's just a toy but it has negatively affected me in regards to how I feel about this hobby. Last night I realized I probably won't ever own a kai unless I pay close to ($450-500 CAD) with it only getting worse the longer I wait. I find that I'm coming to the forum less and less these days because subconsciously I don't want to be reminded about missing out on the kai. Anyway sorry about the rant. Just need to vent I guess. Feels kind of good to get it off my chest.

Dude I absolutely feel the same way....... I had 6 1/60 of my valks in my collection stolen... Now I only have 2 the kit kinds and 2 HMR I want to collect Dx Chogokin Delta figures so bad but with the prices and the fact they don't sell them here in America im over it!

3 hours ago, TrickyCustomer said:

Every time i look at the kairos it makes me want to buy a third one. When do you think the armor will be previewed?

Hard to tell.  They usually put the super parts up a month after the release of the valk (except for mirage which was a longer wait) but we haven’t had any Delta Valks with two additional teleases before.  For the Frontier Valks they didnthe Supers before the armors for Alto and Ozma so it could be longer.  We also don’t know if they’ll make the armor for the 31A but my feeling is since it’s P-Bandai and it’s an excuse to use the mold more it makes sense for them to put out as many as possible.  That was a long way to say don’t know.

4 hours ago, Mommar said:

Hard to tell.  They usually put the super parts up a month after the release of the valk (except for mirage which was a longer wait) but we haven’t had any Delta Valks with two additional teleases before.  For the Frontier Valks they didnthe Supers before the armors for Alto and Ozma so it could be longer.  We also don’t know if they’ll make the armor for the 31A but my feeling is since it’s P-Bandai and it’s an excuse to use the mold more it makes sense for them to put out as many as possible.  That was a long way to say don’t know.

True, just curious on what it would look like. It's been awhile since I watched delta but I'll get around to watching it again it after I get through Mac 7 and Frontier.  A super pack would be cool. They did one for the 25a so hopefully the 31a will get one too eventually. 

@Sandman: After the exchange from JPN Yen to CND Dollars conversion, we sill get hosed regardless and it doesn't even help if any of us gets dinged by CBSA in regards to import fees when getting valks from oversees either. I got dinged twice for my HMR VF-2ss and the HMR VF-1J with the GBP [not going to be surprised if the VF-171EX Alto I'm getting tomorrow (or Tuesday) from Amiami gets also booked for import fees]. I guess I'll find out how the dice rolls when it gets delivered somehow. :unsure:

Like I mentioned in this thread awhile back (or was it posted in the other one), these valks are like the "Holy Grails" for us as a fair chunk of them are un-obtainable. For the ones we want and have the $$ to acquire it later on, it as skyrocketed to an crazy amount that's even beyond or reach (just look at the ones on evilbay or fromjapan for that matter).

Rant aside, I'm keeping my options open in getting Arad's valk with the armoured parts or going for the Karios version instead. 

On 3/4/2018 at 9:48 AM, F360 said:

so NY allocated 10 days for the in-country logistic. Hope they ship them out fast, since I chose SAL, I want to get my hands on it the first few weeks of April.

edit: it actually felt good to pay in advance. It hurts a bit since you need to pay outright but the feeling that you dont need to save to get a toy is refreshing.

Plus, our country forex just went bad against Yen and on track to be worse.

Edited by chyll2

Almost time to find out if the ebay seller I accidentally bought from instead of CDJ is a scam or not.

I'm still in the chargeback/dispute window though, until at least midway through April. [edit] Also, have a second pre-ordered through NY.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

I'll have to wait to get hands on with my 31A since I'm moving right when it ships, but at least I have something to look forward to after my ~2300 mile road trip.

I'd love to buy doubles of the 31A, but it's a little out of my price range to buy multiples at the moment. I do have two 1/48 CF Valks, but I think thats the only time I've bought multiples of a Macross item.