2 hours ago, Alex GS said:

Aww damn it so tempting I'm still missing Hayate!!, I just saw them and the best one is about 24000 , so in the total for me would like Y28000 with DHL, currently can't spend that amount, damn bills!!

I would get one of the 19,900 Yen ones as I'm not a MISB type of person. I ordered a HMR VE-1 (Item A/Box B) and was delivered in the same condition as stated, and ordered the VF-171EX Alto (Item B/Box B) about 12 hours ago and now waiting for the email of payment and other related stuff.

2 hours ago, borgified said:

I would get one of the 19,900 Yen ones as I'm not a MISB type of person. I ordered a HMR VE-1 (Item A/Box B) and was delivered in the same condition as stated, and ordered the VF-171EX Alto (Item B/Box B) about 12 hours ago and now waiting for the email of payment and other related stuff.

Yeah also not me, I really don't care that much if is not MISB but you know is always nice to have a brand new one hehe, about preowned items I never bought one from AmiAmi  so I really don't know what am I getting into, seeing that B classification in both figure and box and the definition says minor wear or damaged that's something I really take into consideration, cause I really don't mind some wear in the figure or box,  but probably damaged?, that's something I need  to think a lot, since the item is priced at Y19000 and not a single picture?, yikes! :unsure:, so in the end I'm trying to look into an item that at least is A/B. 

I'm not sure if I'm overreacting with B/B items since I never bought one, but maybe someone with more experience can point me out here in the forums how much risk or percentage is in getting a damaged figure in the end. :D 

23 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

I'm not sure if I'm overreacting with B/B items since I never bought one, but maybe someone with more experience can point me out here in the forums how much risk or percentage is in getting a damaged figure in the end. :D 

I let you know when the VF-171EX Alto gets delivered. The other listings for the VF-171EX Alto has the C/B grade while the other had the A/B grade. I've ordered two "B" boxed items of Jungle and they have posted the damages that was warrant for an "B" condition. The items where fine upon opening while the actual boxes have dings on it. On Mandarake listings, they will post the damages of the boxes on the listing itself and will mark the prices of the product accordingly.

I'm sure that someone will post their experience with AmiAmi shortly.,  

57 minutes ago, borgified said:

I let you know when the VF-171EX Alto gets delivered. The other listings for the VF-171EX Alto has the C/B grade while the other had the A/B grade. I've ordered two "B" boxed items of Jungle and they have posted the damages that was warrant for an "B" condition. The items where fine upon opening while the actual boxes have dings on it. On Mandarake listings, they will post the damages of the boxes on the listing itself and will mark the prices of the product accordingly.

I'm sure that someone will post their experience with AmiAmi shortly.,  

Thanks much appreciated, hope you received the Valkyrie in perfect shape ^_^, will look into Mandarake to see what Macross stuff I can find :D

7 hours ago, seti88 said:

Ooo boy the ultimate platoon... Walkure armored platoon!

iis that what u r thinking? :shok:

Kinda. I want to have 5 'Silpheed'-class colored Valkyries. :lol: 

5 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Missed the F5 key.  ;)

C'mon now. I'm pretty sure he hit it somewhere. :lol: 

I wasn't a super fan of Arad's color scheme, plus I've already got two -31s, with a -31A ordered, but seeing it in full DX glory is making me second guess my decision. I could always try to get a preorder, since it doesn't come out for a few months, and change my mind later.

Though that'd mean I'd need to jump on a hopeful reissue of Messer's ride for completion sake, I'm already planning on getting Chuck's for the different color (and radome).

Edited by iguanaman8989

If I can get it in NY, I will but otherwise, will just wait and see at release date.

I am more interested in the Armor packs though, since the 31A is not yet released (hence no announcement on the pack it will carry), will the pack for it will be the Super or Armor? I will jump straight to Armored version if it happens.

1 minute ago, chyll2 said:

I am more interested in the Armor packs though, since the 31A is not yet released (hence no announcement on the pack it will carry), will the pack for it will be the Super or Armor? I will jump straight to Armored version if it happens.

Seeing that the Kairos units was shown with the Super Pack in the Delta series and also was featured in the movie with an Armored Pack, it's probably safe to assume both packs will be made by Bandai. That would mean I need to get a second 31A for it whether any version of the packs getting made or not. :wacko:

4 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

Yeah, there is a scene where the SMS Quarter deck is full with armored Vf-25A, but the toy never made through.

Was it in the television series or one of the films?  Near the end of the second movie maybe?  I've tried to flip through every scene I can remember and I can't identify any armored 25A's.

Edited by Mommar

So I looked closely again on those video grab from the Delta movie and noticed that Arad's Armor is not red. It's more 'orange'. Not sure why it's not coordinated with the unit. Same red would be nice. Same thing goes for Chuck too. Instead of different shades of yellow orange, they made it like moss/dijon with a slight of greenish tint to it. That hot orange color on Arad's armor would look better on Chuck's. I just find it weird. :unknw:

zxX9ncr.jpg

bp5s4Ak.jpg

3SxFRN8.jpg

zii535B.jpg

f6979KY.jpg

I'm just probably think too much. :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Maybe...I always feel it's kind of futile to judge colors off images from the web...Nobody knows anything about any color calibration, if any is involved.

Well, to be honest you don't need a calibrated monitor to see the difference on Arad's red from the Valkyrie and Armored Pack. That's why I got concerned on the color. Because the photos I've seen earlier esp the magazine scans shows a reddish color on Arad's Pack so I assumed it's coordinated on each Valk. But seeing that pic I posted above shows different shades on red/orange, I could say that they're different. It's why I also posted the DX photo to show how the color falls on the figure compared to the snapshot above.

Anyways, like I said I probably think too much. Besides, I should probably stop thinking now because aside from that Armored Pack color glitches, Bandai already screwed up on the size of Arad's Dragon emblem. ^_^

13 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I wonder who among here who said before they're not going to buy Arad's DX 31S because of its coloring and style only to be swayed upon now by that Silpheed-Stampede Armor look? ^_^ 

Yep that would be me.  I never liked the colour combination, but I love that bulky mess of a Armored Missile monstrosity and figured that it hides all that colour scheme anyways.  I don't want anything to hide Chuck's radome, so I guess I got "Bandaied" ;P

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Maybe...I always feel it's kind of futile to judge colors off images from the web...Nobody knows anything about any color calibration, if any is involved.

Remember, this is Bandai we're talking about here.  Judging by the bang-up job they did on Mirage, you've got better chances hitting the right color by tossing darts around the paint aisle of a Home Depot.  I've basically got zero expectations that the color of anything they release will match any concept art, render, production image, or screenshot of any design they produce.

Besides, if they don't issue everything in the wrong colors to begin with, they can't make a mint selling you a "fixed" version in 10 years or so. :rolleyes: 

Edited by Chronocidal

1 hour ago, wm cheng said:

Yep that would be me.  I never liked the colour combination, but I love that bulky mess of a Armored Missile monstrosity and figured that it hides all that colour scheme anyways.  I don't want anything to hide Chuck's radome, so I guess I got "Bandaied" ;P

Hahaha! Good one, Mr. Cheng. :lol: And let's hope Chuck's comes with Radome first. ;)

vrqcER5.jpg

39 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

I dont like the color scheme but im getting it just to complete the squad. Ive gotten doubles of the 31J/F/C but this one and Chuck's im just gonna get one for completions sake. The armor pack also helps :lol:

Wait. Are you sure you're not gonna get doubles of Arad's and Chuck's? What if Bandai release their Super Packs after the Armored Packs? :rolleyes: