1 minute ago, Lolicon said:

Well now I can't unsee it!

I guess it's like the weird canopy tint. Giving us a "perfect" VF-31 would upset something in the Bandai universe, so they have to intentionally introduce a few flaws to maintain balance in the Newtype Force or something. <_<

Its because next year a perfect insignia version will be available!!! 

Dont forget it will be after a lottery xD

Arad's valk has more appeal to me personally than compaired to Osma's (maybe it's do to the colour scheme more). With the onset of the armoured parts, it actually reminds me of the Stampede Valk; however Osma's version looks like a barrage of mixed armour of what SMS can find in the storage locker and stuffed everything in a hurry..

Looks like everyone will be hitting the F5 button in the hopes of getting a copy.. Don't want to pay an exuberant amount for Arad's unlike Hayate's Kai which was over 30,000 Yen via lottery.   

22 minutes ago, borgified said:

Arad's valk has more appeal to me personally than compaired to Osma's (maybe it's do to the colour scheme more). With the onset of the armoured parts, it actually reminds me of the Stampede Valk; however Osma's version looks like a barrage of mixed armour of what SMS can find in the storage locker and stuffed everything in a hurry..

Looks like everyone will be hitting the F5 button in the hopes of getting a copy.. Don't want to pay an exuberant amount for Arad's unlike Hayate's Kai which was over 30,000 Yen via lottery.   

each to his own. Stampede Valkyrie and the delta Armored version is also my definition of "a barrage of mixed armour weapon of what SMS  Xaos can find in the storage locker and stuffed everything in a hurry.."

5 hours ago, ridgebacks said:

Is it me or the insignia is just bit smaller than in the show? And it's way too far back? Can't Bandai get one single insignia right with the 31 line?

It doesn't bother me. That insignia been like that since the prototypes were shown.

Edit: Looks like Arad is getting the missiles too. http://tamashii.jp/special/macross/vf-31s/ 22680yen July 2018 release.

Edited by wmkjr

Price bump for Arad's VF-31. The MSRP for is 22,680 yen (w/tax), 21,000 yen (w/o tax).

The previous DX Siegfried's were 21,600 yen (w/tax), 20,000 yen (w/o tax).

EDIT: The Kairos was also 22,680 yen (w/tax), 21,000 yen (w/o tax). So I guess the price bump happened earlier. Although I thought it was due to the new parts on the Kairos.

Edited by IXTL

1 hour ago, WaferMouse said:

I guess we're moving into the home straight now, the only unannounced VF is the 31E. I'll be kinda sad once I don't have to check this thread every few days!

Still have to check back for the remaining super and armor parts :)

44 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

I hope my Keyboard F5 button won't break cause the so many times I keep pressing it in the AmiAmi frontpage for Arad's Preorder :D, or this is an exclusive ? :unsure: I hope not.

Hey! Now that you brought these subjects... 

Whats the difference of pre orders and exclusives? 

Which can be brought where?  And which is the one that is the most difficult to get?  :)

Edited by RealJayDee

Exclusives can only be purchased through the Tamashii webshop which is for Japanese residents only. The preorder stays open for a while and several stores act as proxies to let us folks outside Japan make an order at a modest mark-up.

Regular releases are at many stores and usually at discounts below MSRP but it's a complete free for all... you'll get the item cheaper but you're gonna have to be quick.

1 hour ago, RealJayDee said:

Hey! Now that you brought these subjects... 

Whats the difference of pre orders and exclusives? 

Which can be brought where?  And which is the one that is the most difficult to get?  :)

Just keep following this thread.  Sooner or later the preorder date will be announced and the info posted here. I believe this one will be a general release so it'll be available at the regular places everyone goes to though it might be a bit tougher to secure a preorder. Preorder windows usually don't last too long before they close. Although going by the previous releases if you don't get a chance to secure a preorder, it looks like it'll be available after the release date though might not have a discount. It's up to you if you're comfortable with waiting till release and trusting that there will be surplus or securing a preorder.

7 hours ago, IXTL said:

Price bump for Arad's VF-31. The MSRP for is 22,680 yen (w/tax), 21,000 yen (w/o tax).

The previous DX Siegfried's were 21,600 yen (w/tax), 20,000 yen (w/o tax).

EDIT: The Kairos was also 22,680 yen (w/tax), 21,000 yen (w/o tax). So I guess the price bump happened earlier. Although I thought it was due to the new parts on the Kairos.

Arad's VF-31 also comes with the reaction missiles as part of the base set, so at least you're getting more for that 1,000yen extra.

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Arad's VF-31 also comes with the reaction missiles as part of the base set, so at least you're getting more for that 1,000yen extra.

Was that buried in the description somewhere?  That's actually surprising, since they didn't show any photos of it, and I'm not sure why they'd change it up and not include them in his super packs like Mirage.

2 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Was that buried in the description somewhere?  That's actually surprising, since they didn't show any photos of it, and I'm not sure why they'd change it up and not include them in his super packs like Mirage.

http://tamashii.jp/special/macross/vf-31s/

Down at the bottom:

DX超合金 VF-31S ジークフリード(アラド・メルダース機)

メーカー希望小売価格:22,680円(税8%込)

発売月:2018年7月予定

■商品仕様
・全高:約260mm(バトロイド時) ・材質:ダイキャスト、ABS、PVC製

■セット内容
本体、交換用手首左右各6種、格闘戦用ナイフ左右、
パイロットフィギュア2種(アラド・メルダース/美雲・ギンヌメール)、
専用台座一式、 大型ミサイル×2セット、ミサイルジョイント一式、
マルチドローンプレート2種

Which translates via google translate:

DX superalloy VF-31S Siegfried (Arad · Maiders machine)

Manufacturer's suggested retail price: 22,680 yen (including tax 8%)

Release month: scheduled for July 2018

■ Product specification
· Overall height: approx. 260 mm (at batroid) · Material: Die-cast, ABS, made from PVC

■ Set contents
Main body, replacement wrist right and left 6 types, knife fighting knife left and right,
Two kinds of pilot figures (Arad · Maiders / Miyuno · Ginnail),
A set of exclusive pedestals, two large missiles, a set of missile joints,
Two multi-drawn plates

20 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

In addition to the post above it's also mentioned in the text below the fighter mode with a zoom in of the canopy. It's mentioning Mikumo figure included, seats can be adjusted between single or dual, and the inclusion of the missiles.

Do you guys think that if they release the Armored Packs, does that mean it's just designed for Arad's, Chuck's, and the 31A's if ever and it's not going to be available to the others? I know it's movie based. But that doesn't stop Bandai to 'recolor' for the others, right?

Just now, no3Ljm said:

Do you guys think that if they release the Armored Packs, does that mean it's just designed for Arad's, Chuck's, and the 31A's if ever and it's not going to be available to the others? I know it's movie based. But that doesn't stop Bandai to 'recolor' for the others, right?

Given that they only released armored packs for the VF-25 Alto and Ozma, and tornado only for Alto and Michael, I imagine it'll be the same here.

39 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Standard rule is that if it's not shown in either the movie or TV show, it won't get released. So the J, C, F won't get the AP. F might get the lil dragon pack thou.

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Anything is possible but barring new animation, it seems unlikely.

1 hour ago, wmkjr said:

Since they didn't make recolors for the VF-25 armor parts to at least milk the mold I wouldn't count on it. 

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Given that they only released armored packs for the VF-25 Alto and Ozma, and tornado only for Alto and Michael, I imagine it'll be the same here.

30 minutes ago, ridgebacks said:

Standard rule is that if it's not shown in either the movie or TV show, it won't get released. So the J, C, F won't get the AP. F might get the lil dragon pack thou.

Thanks guys! Guess I need to preorder multiples then. ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

I know the 31S fever is going about now but has anyone heard if there is a specific date in March for when the 31A will be releasing/shipping? My CDJapan order still just says March 2018. I wonder cause I'll be changing addresses in mid-March and am thinking it might be wise to put the later address in just to be safe.

3 minutes ago, Master Dex said:

I know the 31S fever is going about now but has anyone heard if there is a specific date in March for when the 31A will be releasing/shipping? My CDJapan order still just says March 2018. I wonder cause I'll be changing addresses in mid-March and am thinking it might be wise to put the later address in just to be safe.

Still says March on everywhere else too including Tamashii site. Why not forward it to your work address just to be safe?