2 hours ago, wmkjr said:
  Hide contents

They said Chuck has one too though no pics of his yet. Also mentions something about the VF-31A armored in the text a few posts above.

No pics yet.

I posted about this already, don't get your hopes up about the 31A at all.  The book also features full entries to characters who don't appear in the movie at all.  A mention of some other thing in another entry means nothing for actual depiction in the film.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Seeing this new Armored configuration made me think that they shouldn't have released the Master File book for the VF-31 so that they have included those. The book already feature some pod/cannon type thing. It's either they should've done that configuration plus the Armored parts or they just wait for the movie to come out first then the book. I know it's just a minor complain but it's nice when you collect books about the fighters specs and such and it's nice to have them all there. ^_^ 

Anyways, what am I complaining here? The more everyone posts, including me, the more this thread page going to end. Hahaha! :lol: I just love seeing Makina's image pops up as the first post on my phone everytime I open this thread. Hubba Hubba. :wub: 

Edit: Shoots. I'm the one who ended the previous page. My bad. Huhuhu. :cray:

But then they wouldn’t be able to sell Volume 2 - now with armor parts lol

It’s definitely a bulky bird with that armor pack but I still want one. Excited for next round of pre order announcements :)

3 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

But then they wouldn’t be able to sell Volume 2 - now with armor parts lol

It’s definitely a bulky bird with that armor pack but I still want one. Excited for next round of pre order announcements :)

True. I still want one even though how busy looking the armor is. ;)

You know what's funny is that, I remember there's one point in the series where they were talking about budget cuts on Xaos and here they are in the movie making a expensive-looking-not-so-practical Armored Pack. Hahaha! :lol: 

On 2/9/2018 at 12:51 PM, jenius said:

To me it looks like an armored VF-25 with extra spikes and guns glued on... or like someone was like "What if we take an armored VF-25 and put Tornado parts AND fast packs on it!?... the armored VF-25 was already as bulky as it needed to be. This almost looks like we've gone gattai with two mechs combining to form a super mech instead of one mech wearing armor. I wouldn't be opposed to that approach, I love me some Legioss/Tread.

More pressing, how are they going to support those giant wing pods on a toy? 

I agree, it looks like a bit of a mess, but more importantly it seems like a nightmare for the toy joints. Or maybe it needs a bunch of those separate braces we all know and love.

Edited by aurance

48 minutes ago, IXTL said:

Wow, it looks like the Gerwalk joint is bent two clicks in fighter mode to accommodate the Armor Pack.

MMD-11.jpg

On the right. Armored Kairos's.

MMD-12jpg.jpg

Nice, Kairos due out next month. I wonder if/when they’ll release an armored pack for then. 

1 hour ago, Scyla said:

So the other one is Chucks VF-31E?

Do all members of Delta Flight get the upgrade or just those two?

Yes or no is sufficiant as an answer. :) 

Nobody has ever montioned more than Arad and Chuck, then again nobody mentioned the scene where the Kairos had a pack too so...  Well, to be more accurate nobody who has watched the show mentioned it.  That could be the only scene it appears in.  The booklet for the movie mentioned Arad leading a squad with Armored Kairos.  I personally didn't think it would appear in the film though.  I've been wrong a lot this past week.

Edited by Mommar

Adrian on the Speakerpodcast says he doesn't think they can sell the armor outside of a bundle.  I'm not sure that's true.  Chucks, maybe, because Yellow isn't that popular of a color.  THough his regular Valk underneath is unique on it's own and not everybody wants the armor so that might the sales of his Valk even lower.  People who just want the 31E for the dish aren't going to pay through the nose for the armor to come with it.  Doing it separate would potentially guarantee more sales for his Valk since people who only like the Dish can get it, people who only want the armored version can get that and then there are the nut jobs (like me) who will want both.  However, Arads and the Kairos armor could EASILY be sold stand alone and sell a ton more.  People will buy the red and white or the more neutral gray there and put that armor on the rest of the squad just because.  They're great for customs and Bandai would be nuts to not sell the Armor separate for those two.

Surprising there are no Reaction missiles on the wing things.

And now I have to go track down a fourth Kairos for an armored version too...

Edited by Mommar

I really hope they release the 31E sans armour. Kinda defeats the purpose of having an E-W variant just to take the dish off and armour it up, at least in my eyes.

The 31S on the other hand, well I need something to wear the armour anyway since I don't have a J or F and I prefer my C in the F packs. I could live with a 31S with bundled armour.

Edited by WaferMouse

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I think what Macross has taught me is that people WILL pay through the nose for all of it. Sooner or later. :D

Quoted for ultimate truth.

You're definitely not wrong.

I'm loving the armor in Fighter Mode - so I'll opt to pay through the nose sooner vs later. :lol:

-b.

18 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Quoted for ultimate truth.

You're definitely not wrong.

I'm loving the armor in Fighter Mode - so I'll opt to pay through the nose sooner vs later. :lol:

-b.

Haha, while painful either way, the sooner option does seem to be the less painful way to go. :lol:

I'm in for it all, Bandai can take their time releasing it though so my sooner option can be later. 

Wanted three clean kairos but I’m liking all three modes for the armor.  I’m going to have to get two Arads, two Chucks and, God help my wallet, track down a fourth Kairos.

Kind of odd, Hayate doesn’t seem to get an upgrade of any kind.  Arad, Chuck and no-name get giant armor, Mirage gets a 262 but it doesn’t sound like Hayate gets any sort of upgrade.

Edited by Mommar

14 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Wanted three clean kairos but I’m liking all three modes for the armor.  I’m going to have to get two Arads, two Chucks and, God help my wallet, track down a fourth Kairos.

Kind of odd, Hayate doesn’t seem to get an upgrade of any kind.  Arad, Chuck and no-name get giant armor, Mirage gets a 262 but it doesn’t sound like Hayate gets any sort of upgrade.

Thank goodness about Hayate if true. My wallet can't take anymore!:p

Commanders need commanders ordinance and I dare to say thats how many of us want to display it. 

I would recommend a bundle for arad,  and sepparate for chuck. 

I wouldnt argue on cost...  Because I know we macrossheads,  can skip some meals,  but will not skip valks. 

57 minutes ago, Mommar said:

You know you want another blue Valk. 

If they made it, I would want it but I'm just glad I have the Kai right now.

32 minutes ago, RealJayDee said:

Commanders need commanders ordinance and I dare to say thats how many of us want to display it. 

I would recommend a bundle for arad,  and sepparate for chuck. 

I wouldnt argue on cost...  Because I know we macrossheads,  can skip some meals,  but will not skip valks. 

Yep to all this

1 hour ago, RealJayDee said:

Commanders need commanders ordinance

Is this a thing in the real world at all? Do flight commanders get any sort of specialized, personalized plane/tank/etc.? I know there are squadron-specific markings, but did the commanding officer's Jolly Rogers F-14 have special communication equipment or the like that the rest of the JRs didn't?

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

The only upgrade if you can even call it that, is Lildrakens on the VF-31F for Hayate.

10 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

The only upgrade if you can even call it that, is Lildrakens on the VF-31F for Hayate.

Hayate doesn’t take over Messers ride in the movie, unless I miss-heard what the SpeakerPodcast guys were saying.  Did somebody mention Lil’ Drakens for Hayates VF-31J in one of the movie write ups.

Edited by Mommar

18 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Hayate doesn’t take over Messers ride in the movie, unless I miss-heard what the SpeakerPodcast guys were saying.  Did somebody mention Lil’ Drakens for Hayates VF-31J in one of the movie write ups.

He's piloting the VF-31F in the pics above. I'm guessing his valk gets shot down along with Mirage's and somehow she gets a SV-262 and he gets the VF-31F with lildrakens.

Edit: Wished all of them could be armored but at the same time thankful that all of them didn't have it as my wallet would be crying paying for 6 of them. 7 if you wanna include the Kai (because why not?)

Edited by wmkjr

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

Is this a thing in the real world at all? Do flight commanders get any sort of specialized, personalized plane/tank/etc.? I know there are squadron-specific markings, but did the commanding officer's Jolly Rogers F-14 have special communication equipment or the like that the rest of the JRs didn't?

I think payload, etc. will vary greatly depending on the mission.  But I do know higher-ranking pilots do (or it least did) have "their" planes with their name/rank etched/painted on (usually near the cockpit).  I'm not sure if this is still in practice, but I would guess it is, at least in the US.  It wouldn't be too hard to remove if the pilot retired/transferred, etc.

Robin Olds was a famous Vietnam-era fighter pilot, and I know I've seen his name on planes he flew:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJN0yKk0blmW-LeV1z0f4

Edited by HardlyNever

11 hours ago, IXTL said:

MMD-11.jpg

MMD-14jpg.jpg

MMD0011.jpg

MMD0012.jpg

MMD0013.jpg

MMD0014.jpg

MMD0017.jpg

These are the money shots right here! So the tornado cannons are attached to the end of a container pod and can be deployed during fighter mode. They essentially fold forward to have the cannons face forward. 

I’m surprised Chuck got into the armored action as well. I’ll still be getting him the regular super packs and keep his radome when his DX comes out. Arad’s will be the only Delta Valk with armor packs in my collection. :wub:

5 hours ago, Mommar said:

Surprising there are no Reaction missiles on the wing things.

Judging by the one shot, it looks like the pods on the outer sides of the booster packs are packed full of them.  Looks like four each, stored in bays.  The five smaller front doors may be more packs of micro missiles.

2 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Far as I'm aware, the CO and XO of a squadron are fairly likely to get their names printed on the higher-visibility painted planes, but that has nothing to do with the hardware and equipment on the planes.  I think the only reason they might get associated is because the squadron leadership might get first dibs on newer aircraft as they get delivered to the squadron.  They might have a fancier plane for a little while, but eventually the entire squadron will get the upgrade.

Also, in my personal experience, just because you have your name printed on an aircraft doesn't mean that's the one you actually get to fly.  Pilots get assigned planes as they are available, both based on maintenance, and capability.  If Lt. Joe Schmoe needs to drop a JDAM on an urgent target, and the only plane with the proper hardpoint configuration is the CO's plane, he'll probably be flying the CO's plane, rather than spend who knows how many hours reconfiguring another aircraft to do the same job.

As for how the drones stay on Messer's plane though.. I think I'm just going with duct tape and super glue.  Seriously, there's not even a hardpoint on the wings there.  Granted though, this is all overtech, and the drones may just have the ability to latch on by some kind of magnetic field, or whatever other technobabble you want to spray at it, but frankly, I'll be perfectly happy if they don't attempt that with the toys, because it looks downright stupid.

Edited by Chronocidal

8 minutes ago, brouken said:

These are the money shots right here! So the tornado cannons are attached to the end of a container pod and can be deployed during fighter mode. They essentially fold forward to have the cannons face forward. 

I’m surprised Chuck got into the armored action as well. I’ll still be getting him the regular super packs and keep his radome when his DX comes out. Arad’s will be the only Delta Valk with armor packs in my collection. :wub:

I hope the super packs are separate. I'll buy 2 extra just to have those cannon pods for my VF-31A figures.

I think also buying extra armor packs for the 31A in case that it never going to Ben released... as we see in the picture, the tips of the armor pack are light grey instead of red, that means that the dedicated 31A armor pack should be in the pipe but could never be released such as VF-25A and YF-29 Roid armor packs. 

2 hours ago, wmkjr said:

He's piloting the VF-31F in the pics above. I'm guessing his valk gets shot down along with Mirage's and somehow she gets a SV-262 and he gets the VF-31F with lildrakens.

Edit: Wished all of them could be armored but at the same time thankful that all of them didn't have it as my wallet would be crying paying for 6 of them. 7 if you wanna include the Kai (because why not?)

I had to zoom the pic in my phone to notice the blue hair.  I think your explanation does make sense based on the overview of the show.

30 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

As for how the drones stay on Messer's plane though.. I think I'm just going with duct tape and super glue.  Seriously, there's not even a hardpoint on the wings there.  Granted though, this is all overtech, and the drones may just have the ability to latch on by some kind of magnetic field, or whatever other technobabble you want to spray at it, but frankly, I'll be perfectly happy if they don't attempt that with the toys, because it looks downright stupid.

It’s especually silly considering the Drakens attach via hard points and the 31 has two underneath their wings.  But it wouldn’t look/act like the Tornado Parts/262 if they were attached like that.  Or strapped over the wings like the super parts already are.