I will buy these armor parts just because I loved the armored VF-25 and it looks pretty similar.

Though the way the side missile pods are mounted on the wing boosters look ridiculous in Battroid they look good in fighter.

People will love this armor pack just for the alternate official weapon pod imho

6 hours ago, Duymon said:

I will buy these armor parts just because I loved the armored VF-25 and it looks pretty similar.

Though the way the side missile pods are mounted on the wing boosters look ridiculous in Battroid they look good in fighter.

People will love this armor pack just for the alternate official weapon pod imho

Hopefully bandai will make the set in such a way where everything will be detachable,  so we have an option for a sober armored vf,  or a full arsenal windermerean-homicides-psychos killer. 

I just opened up my VF-31C and I noticed the white armor that should be glued onto the right shoulder is missing. Kind of a bummer but I guess it's not the end of the world. If it bugs me too much I can always put it back into fighter mode.

Its bandai's merch play, doesn't matter what the movie does.

Seeing as how arad's 31 got armored, would be nice if the 31A gets spec'ed out...replace the charger pod with missiles or blasters for instance. 
Or sniper 31A anyone?

Edited by seti88

41 minutes ago, seti88 said:

It did? Ok thats kinda one development, was hoping for more variant types.

Will see if all armored packs are the same color or not.  Wallet will be looking down from a cliff, if so.

I'm just hoping whatever add-on pack the -31As get comes with an alternate pod.

Whoa! Arad's Armored 31 is obviously Kawamori-san's fan-service for the Stampede Valkyrie. :o

I read in the Macross Delta Movie thread though that the armored valk had very little actual screen time in the movie?

Nevertheless, I'm joining the "stampede" for Arad's valk and armor parts when the pre-orders open. :lol:

39 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

All valkyries get very little screen time in Delta. :p

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm expecting about 12 seconds of valkyrie action, 10 minutes of people talking about "tainting the wind" or some BS and 80 minutes of 5 girls doing "cute nonsense" ang singing some "Earth, Wind, and Fire" songs. ;)

Edited for yah. ^_^

I hate to think of the kind of stress that Armoured Pack is going to put on the joints and how much quicker it will accelerate the host Valk to a state of froppiness.

I do quite like the look of the Armoured Battroid and Gerwalk though.

But Fighter mode, which is normally my favorite looks terrible with the Armoured Pack IMO. I also dislike that the Tornado style beam guns are pointing backwards in Fighter mode.

13 minutes ago, Graham said:

I hate to think of the kind of stress that Armoured Pack is going to put on the joints and how much quicker it will accelerate the host Valk to a state of froppiness.

I do quite like the look of the Armoured Battroid and Gerwalk though.

But Fighter mode, which is normally my favorite looks terrible with the Armoured Pack IMO. I also dislike that the Tornado style beam guns are pointing backwards in Fighter mode.

I heard the same sentiments for Armored Messiah and most of it was right on the V1. The renewal survive better except that it needed a better Hip Joint. Let just hope that the upgrade on the 31's hip joint can deliver and prevent floppiness.

2 hours ago, Graham said:

Actually it isn’t backwards.  When stowed the grey bits push out the back of the packs.  It’s facing forward there.

3 hours ago, Graham said:

Unless the missile parts on the boosters really heavily weigh the joints onnyhe wing roots down the majority of the additions are all on the legs for the most part.  The upper body isn’t changed much from the regular supers.  The ankles/toes will be the part to REALLY watch given the hips are now ratcheted on these.

Edited by Mommar

Another thing to note, I know a lot of us are into the 31A above all and along with the image of Arad is a blurb about armored 31A’s but the speaker podcast guys pointed out in this same magazine they mention and depict characters who never appear in the film.  Those are people with their own entries and actual images that never appear.  The armored 31A’s are only a blurb in another characters description and nobody has mentioned them appearing on film so don’t expect anything about them at all.

Edited by Mommar

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

Actually it isn’t backwards.  When stowed the grey bits push out the back of the packs.  It’s facing forward there.

It is backward in F mode.

Lq85FfF.jpg

Circled part is the gun barrel. Also, the middle connector doesn't have that yellow circle facing forward in F mode. So we can assume that the whole turret rotates 180 when it's in "deployed mode" like the G mode picture.

Spoiler

They said Chuck has one too though no pics of his yet. Also mentions something about the VF-31A armored in the text a few posts above.

No pics yet.

Edited by wmkjr

1 hour ago, ridgebacks said:

It is backward in F mode.

Lq85FfF.jpg

Circled part is the gun barrel. Also, the middle connector doesn't have that yellow circle facing forward in F mode. So we can assume that the whole turret rotates 180 when it's in "deployed mode" like the G mode picture.

Yeah, I agree. It seems the turret is rotated backwards in fighter mode. At least they made it so it doesn’t cover the skull emblem, which was a peeve of mine in the armored 25. Come to think of it, I remember putting that on my wishlist for the armored 31. Hehe! 

What I’m interested in is what they put in place of the container pod. Looking at the pics, it seems the Tornado turret is attached onto the connector where the pod should be, although its attached from above instead of from below. If there’s nothing taking up the space of the pod, that’s going to look hollow in fighter mode, not to mention the stress it will cause the connector in the toy version having that huge tornado turret on it.

EDIT: I think I got it. It looks like they deliberately took out the pod to make room for the thicker armored legs. Doesn’t solve the stress on the connector though. :rolleyes:

Edited by brouken

The pod section is still there. It's split into the guns section then the pod section. You can see the back of it in Gerwalk. I think the front section where the guns are located is at the rear in fighter, when the pod is deployed it rotates to the top position.

Seeing this new Armored configuration made me think that they shouldn't have released the Master File book for the VF-31 so that they have included those. The book already feature some pod/cannon type thing. It's either they should've done that configuration plus the Armored parts or they just wait for the movie to come out first then the book. I know it's just a minor complain but it's nice when you collect books about the fighters specs and such and it's nice to have them all there. ^_^ 

Anyways, what am I complaining here? The more everyone posts, including me, the more this thread page going to end. Hahaha! :lol: I just love seeing Makina's image pops up as the first post on my phone everytime I open this thread. Hubba Hubba. :wub: 

Edit: Shoots. I'm the one who ended the previous page. My bad. Huhuhu. :cray:

Edited by no3Ljm