3 hours ago, SuperHobo said:

Arad's new armored VF-31 looks pretty hot from the movie. Damn it they have gotten me on board with buying  Arad's DX. 

DVj8IU0U0AAwE-E.jpg

It looks so busy. :huh:

But, hey, it's Red and White! My kind of scheme. :wub: 

I wonder how the armor looks on Messer's. ^_^ 

16 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

Nice. Like a stampede and tornado mix. Should call it a Typhoon valk.

Nah, Typhoon's already used.

Descriptions (courtesy of Jenius)

1. Tornado Wings + Armored Parts = Typhoon Messiah (upper left)
  2. Tornado Wings + Super Parts = Lightning Messiah (upper right)
  3. Tornado Parts + Super Parts + VF-27 Parts = Slash Messiah (lower left)
  4. Armored Pack + Tornado Parts = Destroy Messiah (lower right)

Below image courtesy of Jenius, who got from toyworld.com.hk

Bandai-Magazine-ad-1.jpg

Edited by Sanity is Optional

Fortunately for those not attached to Arad in any way, I'm sure that armor will probably work on any of the 31 releases, except maybe the Kairos because of the small differences around the head.

I'll say it definitely looks ridiculously over-powered, like someone ran with a "MOAR DAKKA" meme as far as they could.  Do I like it?  Not sure yet, but it's definitely going to be a beast on the shelf, and I'll grab a set just for completion's sake.

That’s a super pack for once! Too bad that the pod doesn’t fold back but that won’t worry me that much. I just hope that this armored Pack is as light as feather and that it can be displayed easily without the need of plastic reinforcements and display stand for battroid

7 hours ago, Lolicon said:

A bundle would cost like $350 and a lot of people would balk at such a price tag. It's always possible, but I think more likely Arad's 31 will be regular retail and the armor will be a web exclusive. 

Can't wait to preorder this! 

I believe thats whats going to happen....  I just remember many ozmas sold,  and the armor parts in limited numbers sold out in minutes and resell prices skyrocketing. 

Plus the arad custom is a "pass" for many,  unless hooked by the armored set. Anyway happy hunting to all

12 hours ago, SuperHobo said:

Arad's new armored VF-31 looks pretty hot from the movie. Damn it they have gotten me on board with buying  Arad's DX. 

DVj8IU0U0AAwE-E.jpg

I was wondering. The missile pod near the shoulder that comes from the booster on the back. Seeing that the orientation is different from Fighter/Gerwalk and with the Battroid, I'm assuming the missile pod slides to where it is in Battroid. Can't stop thinking that in toy form, this will be heavy and bring tension to the sliding joint if that's how it's going to get built. Overtime, we're going to see those big missile pods drooping. :wacko:

1 hour ago, ridgebacks said:

Also, found this:

fBYs2KE.jpg

Mirage's 262 it seems.

Ok. Now they're stretching. Why Mirage have a SV-262? Would it help boost the Draken sale for this if ever? I also wonder. <_<

8 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

That’s a super pack for once! Too bad that the pod doesn’t fold back but that won’t worry me that much. I just hope that this armored Pack is as light as feather and that it can be displayed easily without the need of plastic reinforcements and display stand for battroid

Expect that it's going to have, sir. Esp those Wing Boosters in which where the shoulder Missile Pods are attached too. For sure, we're definitely going to have clear support stands for those. :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, IXTL said:

The armor pack just seems way too overdone for me. It feels like Kawamori is just adding stuff on for the sake of it.

In toy form, it's going to be a nightmare to handle.

This is expected, as always. :unsure:

7 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

I can’t stop thinking that the white/red color schem was chosen only for easier sale purposes, this so far from Arad VF-31 color schem

Luckily, I'm one of the chosen buyers for this scheme, Xigfrid. ^_^ 

Damnit!!  Originally not a fan of Arad's Teal & Grey scheme - was gonna skip it, but now I gotta get it - sucker for all the extra add-ons even if it seems like overkill.  At least you don't see much of the Teal & Grey scheme (hidden under all that!), but unfortunately now I have to try to get one to dress the armour on (it would be nice to get a bundle set, but I doubt it).

To me it looks like an armored VF-25 with extra spikes and guns glued on... or like someone was like "What if we take an armored VF-25 and put Tornado parts AND fast packs on it!?... the armored VF-25 was already as bulky as it needed to be. This almost looks like we've gone gattai with two mechs combining to form a super mech instead of one mech wearing armor. I wouldn't be opposed to that approach, I love me some Legioss/Tread.

More pressing, how are they going to support those giant wing pods on a toy? 

4 minutes ago, jenius said:

To me it looks like an armored VF-25 with extra spikes and guns glued on... or like someone was like "What if we take an armored VF-25 and put Tornado parts AND fast packs on it!?... the armored VF-25 was already as bulky as it needed to be. This almost looks like we've gone gattai with two mechs combining to form a super mech instead of one mech wearing armor. I wouldn't be opposed to that approach, I love me some Legioss/Tread.

More pressing, how are they going to support those giant wing pods on a toy? 

Spikes, bulky armor, combining super mechs...all looks I love! Bring it on!:D

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Ok. Now they're stretching. Why Mirage have a SV-262? Would it help boost the Draken sale for this if ever? I also wonder. <_<

Spoiler

I didn't see the movie, just going by Google translate. Short version. They found it in a hangar with standard paint, hijacked it, and inputted her own code to change it? 

Spoiler

DVmmLMIUMAAAEHN.jpg:large

To me it looks like a Delta version of the white knight. Found this pic with Makina as bonus. Does it say VF-31A armored in the text? Looks like it could slap on 2 more red tipped reaction missiles on each of the wingtips.

Edited by wmkjr
More Dakka, Beam Spam, and Macross Missile Massacre

11 minutes ago, wmkjr said:
  Hide contents

I didn't see the movie, just going by Google translate. Short version. They found it in a hangar with standard paint, hijacked it, and inputted her own code to change it? 

Hide contents

DVmmLMIUMAAAEHN.jpg:large

To me it looks like a Delta version of the white knight. Found this pic with Makina as bonus. Does it say VF-31A armored in the text?

Where can I get that Makina pic? Hubba Hubba. :wub: 

Yeah, it did say VF-31A Armored in katakana. ;) 

12 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Where can I get that Makina pic? Hubba Hubba. :wub: 

Yeah, it did say VF-31A Armored in katakana. ;) 

As near as I can tell, based on forgotten Japanese courses in college and google translate:

In operation Ragnarok, in addition to Arad's machine which is the captain of (delta) platoon, Armored[in kanji] troops employing Armored[in katakana] equipment are also participating in VF-31A. 

Edited by Sanity is Optional

18 minutes ago, Boobytrap said:

I'm hoping they don't sell this as a bundle. I was planning to skip Arad but I really like the look of the armored parts. I'll happily buy them separately to put on the C or F. But if only sold as a bundle I'd have to bite the bullet and get that.

Bandai doesn't have the habit on selling their Valks in bundle. The only one I think was Isamu's VF-19/Adv. So expect that the Armored Pack will be exclusive. Which in turn, can make everyone customized their own Armored Pack, whereas Isamu's can't because the boosters used on him even though it's the same as the VF-25's, the slots are not the same so it makes more sense to bundle it with the VF-19.

3 minutes ago, Vortech said:

Kind of interested to see what is on the left page, I think I spy a VF-31A in Hayate colors?

Nope. That's still the same 31J he has. Check the wing folded in Battroid mode.

40 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Nope. That's still the same 31J he has. Check the wing folded in Battroid mode.

Disregard the wings, and look at the head, I can't be certain, but the face looks like it has a mono eye and not a visor, hence why I think it may be a 31A?

Hoping someone has, or can post a better picture of that left page.  I wouldn't doubt Bandai pulling a fast one, as it would allow them to sell another Hayate Valk.  

They were talking in the movie thread that the characters seemed to have gotten breast enlargements, but this looks like Makina got hers downsized. :o The horror!!!

Anyway, that armored pack looks goofy as sin. I was never a fan of the Super parts, and slapping giant missile launchers onto the front of those boosters only emphasizes how off-balance they look. Everything else is fine, it's literally just those parts plugged onto the wing roots that completely ruin the design.

2 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

I don't know how people can be into the armored VF-25, yet not like this. I was kind of slowing down on wanting more VF-31 toys but I need this in my life.

The Armored 25, everything fits nicely with each other. Here I get the feeling that they just jury-rigged a whole bunch of parts onto the back and arms and hoped for the best. The fact that the missile launchers connected to the wing boosters aren't centered also just... bothers me.