3 hours ago, Mommar said:

That's how my box looked too.

Hopefully that the actual Kai box is not damaged (if so then you're going to have to file a query to the postage company themselves on how they are handling the packages. I also seen horror stories in regards to the postage handlers on YouTube, and it wasn't too pleasing. You can also send out a message to the place in where you got the Kai).  :o

NY still has my order at preparation in progress. I'm still surprised that I was able to get one given its exclusivity. Can't wait to see pics posted by MWers! 

I really hope Arad's is next...

I could actually go for Arad's version as well @brouken if I can't get either Mirage or a SV-262 for that matter. Can we all safely say that the GBP will the add on pack as shown in the movie poster?

I think that Arad will be a good complement for my Arcadia VF-1S Roy DRYL and the upcoming SV-51. :D 

Well, Arad also had the standard super pack in the series, so Bandai will most likely release that. My guess is that the armored pack will be released afterwards. We don't know if Hayate or the others will be getting armored or other types of packs in the movie, like the tornado pack in the Frontier Movies. Knowing Bandai, there's even a strong possibility that a new valk will be introduced as well in the movie like the YF-29 Durandal. In any case, I'm already happy that they came out with an armored pack. Ozma's shadow is quite long. B))

You guys tell me if the blues are different and, if so, which one is the Kai. My knowledge of which is which colors my perception (no pun intended).

No guesses, please. Only answer if you're 100% certain based on the shade of blue.

Pic taken with both wings the same distance from the camera and the same light source.

5a29dbd7f34fd_VF-31JKaiblues.thumb.jpg.7e6e5711a6cdeff7509d6e03647ea92b.jpg

1 hour ago, borgified said:

I could actually go for Arad's version as well @brouken if I can't get either Mirage or a SV-262 for that matter. Can we all safely say that the GBP will the add on pack as shown in the movie poster?

I think that Arad will be a good complement for my Arcadia VF-1S Roy DRYL and the upcoming SV-51. :D 

That's the nice thing with Valkyries. They compliment each other. Whether it's Roy's, Hikaru's, Arad's, Ozma's, Alto's, etc. And that's why you need to start buying other Valks and see it. ^_^ 

34 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

You guys tell me if the blues are different and, if so, which one is the Kai. My knowledge of which is which colors my perception (no pun intended).

No guesses, please. Only answer if you're 100% certain based on the shade of blue.

Pic taken with both wings the same distance from the camera and the same light source.

Kai is on the right. ;)

Some quick pics before I set up the super parts.

Box has a 10th anniversary Tamashii Nations sleeve.

5a29e3c24856b_VF-31JKaitamashiisleeve.thumb.jpg.1f4bcf1eab764f27fd76e181371cfc7a.jpg

Aside from the knight emblem and extra red and black striping, she's identical to the first 31J. Still the same glittery canopy too. No Freyja even though she did actually ride in this thing...

5a29e3d1f2c8a_VF-31JKai01.thumb.jpg.0b6a2c5b9f6d8a4bbaae1d9212bc9c9d.jpg

5a29e3d35bc80_VF-31JKai02.thumb.jpg.f74d38ab6799ed4149865ad0cb1fb929.jpg

5a29e3d4d5b35_VF-31JKai03.thumb.jpg.d6b7005964e7196d5457d24c599435a8.jpg

5a29e3d67c6b3_VF-31JKai04.jpg.787a2ce761733ee1d9667ab167fb3d20.jpg

5a29e3d771871_VF-31JKai05.jpg.d437549bcc0d53d5feaf38e075588c4c.jpg

5a29e3d8a3d8d_VF-31JKai06.jpg.f024228d2bf11045bd750c90473e9448.jpg

(Actually I've had a long day so I'm going to take a nap first. :))

5 hours ago, borgified said:

Hopefully that the actual Kai box is not damaged (if so then you're going to have to file a query to the postage company themselves on how they are handling the packages. I also seen horror stories in regards to the postage handlers on YouTube, and it wasn't too pleasing. You can also send out a message to the place in where you got the Kai).  :o

Luckily it is not damaged at all, it shipped along with my other stuff I have ordered, the Kai box was not sitting on the damage side of the package and enough buffer was put in there. :)

46 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Left side, definitely. The Kai has a slightly deeper blue in all the images I've seen comparing them.

I actually had a chance to snag one from NY yesterday, but when i saw the final price converted into my currency, common sense prevailed for once and decided to pass.

I want one, but not that much.......especially also gotta pay for 2x VF-31A in the near future.

18 hours ago, wmkjr said:

Yes, according to the p-bandai page

Thanks.

15 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Does that mean you're not getting the Super Parts if the Reaction Missiles is not included? :rolleyes:

But as wmkjr pointed out, it will be included as per P-Bandai's item description. (Insert sigh of relief here. j/k ^_^)

Haha if missiles are included I'll get extra sets for the missiles, otherwise just 1 set for each mirage I have. :p

In other news, I received word my friend in Japan obtained the 31J Kai for me at the tamashii event. Owe him a big one. :D

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

The kai on the left and regular on the right.

I suspect bandai used the same blue, however the blue on the kai turned out deeper due to the black.
If bandai sprayed on the kai's black and then masked off to spray the blue over it, then the kai's blue would have a slightly deeper tinge.

Another indication is the square panels where the lines are darker on the kai.

18 minutes ago, seti88 said:

The kai on the left and regular on the right.

I suspect bandai used the same blue, however the blue on the kai turned out deeper due to the black.
If bandai sprayed on the kai's black and then masked off to spray the blue over it, then the kai's blue would have a slightly deeper tinge.

Another indication is the square panels where the lines are darker on the kai.

I don't even care about the "different" blue discussion until you said the lines are darker due to possibly more layer of paints applied, I think this is actually good to makes the plane looks slightly more realistic.

1 hour ago, Graham said:

I actually had a chance to snag one from NY yesterday, but when i saw the final price converted into my currency, common sense prevailed for once and decided to pass.

I want one, but not that much.......especially also gotta pay for 2x VF-31A in the near future.

I decided to jump on the NY opening for the Kai. Yes, it's expensive. But I feel like I'll regret it later on if I pass up on it.

6 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I‘d say that the Kai is the one on the left. :)

@Graham: The VF-31A will be released in March. Since you did not get the VF-31J Kai, you made the best choice to let your wallet recover.

For those who have looked the Tamashii Website, there is two listings for the VF-31J Kai. One is for the release for this month (non-Bandai collector) and the other one is March (Bandai Collector Version). Am I correct that this one that is released is the non-Bandai collector (however the Tamashii Nations 2017 exclusive) and the other one to be released n March will cost you an arm and a leg?

4 hours ago, F360 said:

For those that uses FromJapan for the VF-31kai.  How much is the shipping cost for 1.

would Ems be around 4500 yen?

anyone try dhl or fedex?  I assume its will cost more due to dimensional weight . 

Not including the fees and domestic delivery, FromJapan charged me Y5200 for EMS to US.

3 minutes ago, borgified said:

@Graham: The VF-31A will be released in March. Since you did not get the VF-31J Kai, you made the best choice to let your wallet recover.

For those who have looked the Tamashii Website, there is two listings for the VF-31J Kai. One is for the release for this month (non-Bandai collector) and the other one is March (Bandai Collector Version). Am I correct that this one that is released is the non-Bandai collector (however the Tamashii Nations 2017 exclusive) and the other one to be released n March will cost you an arm and a leg?

The one released this month was the one sold at Tamashii Nation (or rather available through pre-order online with self pick up at event).

The one releasing in March is sold via lottery sales on the Tamashii Webshop.

Both have the same price of ¥21,000.

Edited by IXTL

47 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Not including the fees and domestic delivery, FromJapan charged me Y5200 for EMS to US.

Thanks,  base on the 5200 yen cost , the package should be just over 2.2 kg.    If they can package it to be 2kg or below it'll be 4500 yen.   :mellow: 

Packing requested EMS, not just waiting for the charge 2 notice.

I ended going the YHA route too , saw their 5% FJ points cash back if deposit by paypal for yahoo auction on Sunday.  Went and bought one at 27000 yen.

That 5% in FJ points should be 1350 yen if I didn't make a mistake on the start date or end day, or misread the promo since I did a buy it now , (not sure if it's consider a bid or not)

guess I'll find out once they ship it out.  

Piggybacking off what I wrote earlier, I just got a charge 2 for some more kits and the EMS shipping is 8000 yen(!!!) compared to 6500 if I'd just bought the kits brand new off HLJ. Doubly frustrating is the fact that they didn't group them for surface mail shipping like I wanted, which could have saved me another 3-5000 yen... Sigh. A bit disappointing. Anyway. Slight tangent, back on topic.

Nice pics Lolicon! The color scheme of the Kai makes it more...mature looking. Like a true Ace's machine. It has all the colors of previous Macross Aces except Roy and Ozma's yellow. I wonder if the Kai would play a bigger role in the upcoming movie.

14 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Kai is on the left?

Edited by recon