15 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Attaboy! Priorities! ^_^ 

'Sup Spanner! :friends:

Hey hi Noel!

Not much mate, just been taking a bit of a step back from toys atm.. most I've been doing is buying and selling 1:18 cars.

Though the VF-31J Kai came up so I snapped one up!

PM me if you're up for a chat! :)

29 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

they look too much the same color  for me to want it.

when its limited availability was initially announced I thought oh well its really not much different from the original anyway but now that a few have filtered out into the market and been reasonably easy to acquire I'm thinking quite differently about it and quite glad I was able to snag one.

I do like the paint scheme even if overall its very similar.. Besides after selling off my 31J duplicates, this one will be a welcome addition!

20 hours ago, Mommar said:

So what is the total everybody has been paying between the various odd outlets we've had to scramble for? Total for me with shipping was $308.  I don't have a yen equivalent because I bought it on ebay.

My Charge 2 at FromJapan ended up with Y7440. For a total of Y32220. Around $287.50 in US.

30 minutes ago, Mommar said:

That's $20 less than I paid.

Maybe they chose a cheaper shipping option?

But also, I've noticed that FJ tends to (or at least seems to) inflate their EMS shipping costs compared to other stores I've bought from... which admittedly aren't many. I bought a couple Gundam kits for cheap using them as a proxy, and with EMS the total was still almost the same as (if not more than) if I'd bought them new from HLJ or Amazon. Their EMS rate tended to be somewhere between 1,000-2,500 yen more than through HLJ... though I've also noticed that EMS in general seems more expensive than it used to be. And to be fair to FJ, they tend to put more... I shouldn't say "care," because that implies that HLJ isn't careful with its packaging, which it is, just that HLJ tends to be more economical about packaging compared to FJ. Bulk shipments from FJ have sometimes been double-boxed and always liberally bubble-wrapped, whereas bulk packages from HLJ come in a single box and have all the items on an extra cardboard base, sealed in plastic wrap, with air cushions on top.

....that said, I don't get why there would be that big a discrepancy between CA and NM(?). The items are the same, you'd think the packaging would be, too, and I don't think they charge differently to different parts of the US...

12 hours ago, spanner said:

when its limited availability was initially announced I thought oh well its really not much different from the original anyway but now that a few have filtered out into the market and been reasonably easy to acquire I'm thinking quite differently about it and quite glad I was able to snag one.

I do like the paint scheme even if overall its very similar.. Besides after selling off my 31J duplicates, this one will be a welcome addition!

I was in a similar pickle. Once I had the option of snagging it without too much hassle, it grew on me. Will pick it up tomorrow! I guess it's just the age old hassle vs reward for some of these items. If it required too many loopholes I'm sure we'd have lost a lot of enthusiasm for it.

12 hours ago, spanner said:

true that =) also you get the reaction missiles. 

3 hours ago, Shukenzero said:

I was in a similar pickle. Once I had the option of snagging it without too much hassle, it grew on me. Will pick it up tomorrow! I guess it's just the age old hassle vs reward for some of these items. If it required too many loopholes I'm sure we'd have lost a lot of enthusiasm for it.

I was a little bummed when they revealed its limited availability which did take the shine off it and I pretty much accepted that I wouldn't get one unless I was lucky enough to find one on Mandarake or elsewhere.. glad things turned out alright in the end! Still haven't got order preparation notice from NY yet though.. c'mon guys get on with it and ship my Valkyrie already!

2 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

true that =) also you get the reaction missiles. 

a nice little addition indeed! I can't quite remember from Delta but how often were those reaction missiles fitted? 

30 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I think it's literally just the final episode or two.  It's why they didn't include the missiles with Hayate's regular packs or original fighter, they were only used when he got the fancier custom job at the very end of the series.

It does look pretty cool with the missiles so I'll most likely display it that way!

20171205_174503.jpg

17 minutes ago, orindlt said:

WOW! and the price rises another 3000 yen in the process.. NY you cheeky buggers!

Congrats all the same though.

Just got order preparation notice for mine. Hopefully they don't muck about and get it posted soon.

2 minutes ago, spanner said:

WOW! and the price rises another 3000 yen in the process.. NY you cheeky buggers!

Congrats all the same though.

Just got order preparation notice for mine. Hopefully they don't muck about and get it posted soon.

Definitely a case of balancing the price hike versus knowing how much I'd regret it if I didn't buy it when there was an opportunity (or see the loss aversion cognitive bias article on Wikipedia). If it hadn't been available, I'd have lived without it. But when it went from being seemingly impossible to get to purchasable ... well ... I don't think we'd be here if we were exemplars of restraint when it came to purchasing Valks ;-)

19 minutes ago, seti88 said:

I wonder if there will be another release of 31's labelled ....... movie version?
One thing though i hope in the movie, that the 31A's wouldnt have charger pods!

Soon after all official sales closed for the JKai, movie version will be announced, it always works like that. ;)

2 minutes ago, Mommar said:

So I can confirm the Kai has a different shade of blue from the original 31J.  Side-By-Side it's apparent the original Hayate release has just a tinge of green that lightens it up versus a very flat, neutral blue on the Kai.

Thank god you got you valk after reading the other posts before of your previous parcel shipments.

Since the missiles peg into either the brace or the regular underwing mount you can flip them upside down so you either have them hanging down a ways from the airframe or you can flip them and have them really hug up against it.  If you want a slightly different look.  I feel like they look like they're hanging too far away from the Valk when attached to the armor pieces and prefer to peg them in upside down when armored.  There are zero markings on the missiles to give away they are right-side up or not so it's whatever looks better to you.

Unfortunately because of that peg system you can't attach any other kind of missile to the arm armor.

Edited by Mommar

2 hours ago, eXis10z said:

Does the mirage super parts come with any missiles? Cause I'm looking at NY's listing and I don't see the missiles in there.

Does that mean you're not getting the Super Parts if the Reaction Missiles is not included? :rolleyes:

But as wmkjr pointed out, it will be included as per P-Bandai's item description. (Insert sigh of relief here. j/k ^_^)