I'm in the same mind about being hyped for the 31A and not the Kai. It comes down to the lottery situation, which happened to the 10th Anniversary Metal Build Exia right off the bat, and the other quality releases hogging my $$$.

The Metal Build Astraea Type F was the biggest deciding factor, and with my budget allocated to that preorder, the Kai will get a pass. Bandai still wins. Oh the irony!

7 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

My wife had a similar problem with some of her toys when she was younger. Turns out it's because her room was being haunted by a ghost that liked to play with her toys. She would pose her dolls in a certain way and come home from school to find them rearranged. And no one entered her room during those times she was away.

There was also an instance when she was staying with her sister in her sister's room during a power outage (her sister's room was located directly under her own), and they both heard her jackstones (the sound of the ball bouncing on the floor above them) like someone was playing with them. Needless to say, no one was in her room at the time.

That's pretty scary but I'm fairly sure it's the cleaners and not ghosts in my situation. 

My 31F supers are shipping together with the 262 parts. Should arrive in a month or so. No rush or worries. 

4 hours ago, Valkyrie Driver said:

What is going on in these pictures? When did this become transformers? How does this even work?

So, what it looks like they've done is unfolded each valk entirely, and managed to flip the legs around forward to actually tab into the wings and backplate of the valk ahead of them.  I think it only works because the torso has so many sections that can unfold and reposition the hips.

Minor point of clarification: The shields don’t rotate during transformation, the pointy end stays toward the hands.

This is consistent with the boxart, instructions, and in the model kits.

Trying to find a good screenshot from the series.

https://imgur.com/a/lTGeq

Wasn’t letting me upload directly, so here’s an imgur link.

Edited by iguanaman8989

1 hour ago, iguanaman8989 said:

Minor point of clarification: The shields don’t rotate during transformation, the pointy end stays toward the hands.

This is consistent with the boxart, instructions, and in the model kits.

Trying to find a good screenshot from the series.

https://imgur.com/a/lTGeq

Wasn’t letting me upload directly, so here’s an imgur link.

I could see how would have goofed that... fortunately what I do conflicts with what I said... oh well. It's early, I'll take it down and make a quick edit :)

Edited by jenius

14 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Looks like Nippon Yasan is finally closed for their 31a pre-orders. 4 months out from release, which is pretty damn early for them.

well, the official pre order date closed today in japan . but it sold out before the preorder date deadline.  

11 minutes ago, F360 said:

well, the official pre order date closed today in japan . but it sold out before the preorder date deadline.  

I can't remember the last time I saw a PBandai release sell out. I'm guessing the 31a is suuuuuper popular.

Glad I already ordered 2.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

34 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Oh crap! Can't believe I missed the order at NY. Hope I can grab one later without too much bending over. 

There's still a pre-order up.

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Still available here.

https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japanese-import-hobbies-toys-game-character/25092-macross-delta-vf-31a-kairos-limited-edition-dx-chogokin-.html

I usually don't shop there since their prices are a little higher than other places, but they have delivered on the rare occasion that I bought something from them.

Otherwise you can hope someone re-sells one of theirs, or one pops up on Mandarake.

10 minutes ago, recon said:

Well i only got one VF-31a as im hoping for an arad version to be released

Speaking of which, is the Arad -31A's emblem different from his -31S emblem? I haven't taken a good enough look to know for sure. It'd be neat if it was something different.

2 hours ago, recon said:

Well i only got one VF-31a as im hoping for an arad version to be released

^This! 

C'mon bandai.....rolls dice...:D

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

Speaking of which, is the Arad -31A's emblem different from his -31S emblem? I haven't taken a good enough look to know for sure. It'd be neat if it was something different.

At a quick scan i dont see any difference, but i dont think there will be difference if its a personalized emblem.

40 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

Wow. Sold out everywhere. Bandai, message should be clear, we want more 31a. Milk it, give us different pods.

For a moment, I was all NOOOOO!!!

Then I realized that this is good. I'm no longer tempted to drop a whole bunch of $$ I don't have on something that I have no place to display, and no time to play with.

It is purdy, though...

2 minutes ago, Kelsain said:

For a moment, I was all NOOOOO!!!

Then I realized that this is good. I'm no longer tempted to drop a whole bunch of $$ I don't have on something that I have no place to display, and no time to play with.

It is purdy, though...

Quoted For Truth...

8 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I tried to get one at ninnin but I never shop there and forgot my password. Their forgot password system doesn't seem to work so by the time I decided to setup a new account, sold out. Damn!

it's back up at nin-nin-games 24490 yen

https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japanese-import-hobbies-toys-game-character/25092-macross-delta-vf-31a-kairos-limited-edition-dx-chogokin-.html