On 11/2/2017 at 1:35 PM, no3Ljm said:

Nice! 2 more 31's and the Sentai are complete. Any plans on making that sabers foldable and store it in in one of them packs? ^_^ 

Still waiting for Chuck and Arad like everyone else! The 31s are pretty space efficient so I don't know where I could stuff a beam saber hilt. :wacko:

2 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Still waiting for Chuck and Arad like everyone else! The 31s are pretty space efficient so I don't know where I could stuff a beam saber hilt. :wacko:

If you want to take some measurements, I could try fitting a slot into one of the alternate weapon pods I'm working on.

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Carve out some space in the shields next to the knives? Or replace the knives entirely? Or hm, the forearms don't need to store the hands, right? Time to get that drill out... ;)

3 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

If you want to take some measurements, I could try fitting a slot into one of the alternate weapon pods I'm working on.

Here's the length in the off position.

59fd3e52a33c6_beamsaberhiltmeasurement.jpg.7638a53542619557421039c178e62c5c.jpg

The handle is about 3 mm thick and the "guard" is just slightly over 5 mm thick.

59fd3f619079d_beamsaberhiltmeasurement2.jpg.710faa6797b52dd1de9a854636b0f71e.jpg

2 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Carve out some space in the shields next to the knives? Or replace the knives entirely? Or hm, the forearms don't need to store the hands, right? Time to get that drill out... ;)

The hilts are too thick to stow underneath the shields and I'm not drilling any holes in my 31s. :p

For those who have the Kotobukiya LED swords where the battery has died but don't want to buy an entirely new sword, you can purchase just the LED handle. The 327 should be the correct size for the Kotobukiya swords (3 mm thick, 27 mm long).

https://hlj.com/search/go?af=selectmanufacturer%3Ahiromisangyo

43 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

The hilts are too thick to stow underneath the shields and I'm not drilling any holes in my 31s. :p

For those who have the Kotobukiya LED swords where the battery has died but don't want to buy an entirely new sword, you can purchase just the LED handle. The 327 should be the correct size for the Kotobukiya swords (3 mm thick, 27 mm long).

https://hlj.com/search/go?af=selectmanufacturer%3Ahiromisangyo

Psh. What's wrong with taking a sharp implement to your limited-production, $250 collector's item? :D

Thanks muchly for the link. I'd been wondering whether there was a way to procure replacement batteries.

11 hours ago, derex3592 said:

I have a monitored alarm system in my house with motion sensors, one of which is pointed right into my "toy room", and I always keep the blinds shut in that room which does face the street, but  that provides some peace of mind at least...

Back on topic.. STILL NO shipping email from NY on my Messer Super Parts yet.....:angry:

Seeing how inefficient NY is getting, I’m considering getting all pbandai web exclusives from other websites moving forward. Any good recommendations for sites that will ship within 3 days for items in stock? Thanks. 

8 minutes ago, CharlesXavier said:

Seeing how inefficient NY is getting, I’m considering getting all pbandai web exclusives from other websites moving forward. Any good recommendations for sites that will ship within 3 days for items in stock? Thanks. 

I would go to an ebay seller before I used Nippon Yasan. There are a few others in Japan that get exclusives but I haven't tried them out yet. Normally I stick with Amiami and 1999. Mostly 1999 now because they have the shipping price built in unlike Amiami where you have to wait for the price to confirm the order.

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Why not stick the sabers under the drone launcher covers behind the legs?  Should be plenty of room under those doors.

The problem is the bulge at the end that the blade plugs into, it's actually kinda big, a bit under 1/4".

16 hours ago, CharlesXavier said:

Biginjapan is pretty good at shipping out fast.

Super parts finally showed up.  Pretty cool looking.  I wonder if we'll ever actually see Mirages parts.  The fact they jumped from the main cast to the Kairos releases seems suspect to me.  There has to be a  reason related to the new movie why they would make that leap.

3 hours ago, Saburo said:

While doing the studio shots of the Messer + Super Parts with the DSLR, I wanted to see if my new phone’s camera could match up, I also processed the photo on my phone too. 

Here’s the shot.

3A46F86C-8CBE-473B-A044-7F13CFFB0660.thumb.jpeg.19e0d439c73ea5162c3bff9901102cd8.jpeg

Damn saburo. You must teach us the settings and setup for this kind of quality pic

5 hours ago, recon said:

Damn saburo. You must teach us the settings and setup for this kind of quality pic

@reconIts not that complicated I used the standard camera app, made some adjustments to the brightness before taking the shot.  Then did slight image adjustments to white balance, contrast and saturation all on the phone.  What helps greatly is having good lighting, the better the original photo the less image processing you need to do.

4 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

Looks great!  Which phone are you using?

Thanks @sumyumgoy!  I am using an iPhone X.  I am still evaluating the quality of the pics that it takes,  there are some pretty impressive photos taken with Samsung Galaxy and the new Google pixel.

31 minutes ago, Saburo said:

@reconIts not that complicated I used the standard camera app, made some adjustments to the brightness before taking the shot.  Then did slight image adjustments to white balance, contrast and saturation all on the phone.  What helps greatly is having good lighting, the better the original photo the less image processing you need to do.

Thanks @sumyumgoy!  I am using an iPhone X.  I am still evaluating the quality of the pics that it takes,  there are some pretty impressive photos taken with Samsung Galaxy and the new Google pixel.

I can't speak to the pixel but I can certainly vouche fornthe fact the Damsung cameras are incredible.  When I was in Hawaii a few years back my Dad and I did a side-by-side with his Galaxy and my iPhone and the Galaxy is hands-down superior in picture quality.  

9 hours ago, Saburo said:

Still looking for the deeper pixels ..haha...Messer's white look real white ie the arms, forearms, side hips and the side chest armor...

Sadly I can't join in the happy news of NY shipping to me yet...sucks, I've never had a delay of this length from them.  Also, oddly, it shows I have another Drakken Parts set on order with my Messer parts...which I'm 99% sure I didn't order..hmmmm....I totally do NOT need another set of those.  Guess if they ship to me I'll have them up for sale here the next day.

2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

After I chatted online with them yesterday, and asked them politely what the deal was, oddly my order shipped out last night!  

That always happens every time I ask what's up. Pretty much a sign they are lazy getting stuff out after they have your money. 

58 minutes ago, DarkHawk said:

I just received the fast pack sets for Messer’s vf-31F. Is it me or did Bandai decide to go with a smaller box for the armor parts? 

Congrats! Yep Bandai with smaller box.  I really like smaller packaging, makes it easier to store away.

Edited by Saburo