YJA has some VF-31J Kai posted for bidding and some for buy it now. Most of them says that if the item run out in the said event they will refund it. Probably it will end up around Y30000+. Anyways, as a trial and error, I bid on one just to see how it goes. ^_^

19 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

YJA has some VF-31J Kai posted for bidding and some for buy it now. Most of them says that if the item run out in the said event they will refund it. Probably it will end up around Y30000+. Anyways, as a trial and error, I bid on one just to see how it goes. ^_^

A couple of the sellers have multiple listings so I dunno how they're gonna fulfill the orders. Hopefully they don't end up cancelling the orders or worse yet, scamming everyone.

4 hours ago, Zx31 said:

Hope it goes well. I wish more poeple could have an easier time getting them.

Zx31 when you place an order for the VF-31J kai with buyfromjapan, are you required to put down a deposit for that particular auction due to insufficient fj points? If yes, which method you went for, credit card or paypal and how much deposit you put? Tks

I had to pay for the cost of the items up front, so in this case 42,000 for both Kais. I used Paypal to make the payment with my credit card.

Charge 1 Payment Details:

Site/store: その他
Quantity: 1
Plan: Buyer Protection Plan
If sold out: Cancel all of my orders.
Total amount: 42,000 yen
Points used: 0 points
Payment total: 42,000 yen (PayPal)

10 hours ago, Zx31 said:

This is what they sent me. Travel costs werent stated, but I figure that depends on the venue they have to go to. Aside from the up front cost of the two 31s, I haven't gotten a total cost for the fees and shipping.

Thank you very much for your email. 

We offer a Personal Shopping Service in order to go to a physical store or event and purchase and item for the customer.

Please kindly check the fees for this below:

Basic fee: 5000 yen

Hourly fee: 2000 yen

Transportation fee

Please kindly note that in case we can't get the item, as long as we visit the item location the fees will be charged anyway."

For mine the transportation costs were only around 500 yen. And they suggested they not go on the first day, nor at the opening time to ensure they weren't waiting in line long.

35 minutes ago, Silverstreak said:

For mine the transportation costs were only around 500 yen. And they suggested they not go on the first day, nor at the opening time to ensure they weren't waiting in line long.

Which service did you use?

I will prob take my chances with yahoo auctions. I think the markup will be similar to proxy services and I like using From Japan for auctions. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

5 hours ago, Mommar said:

It's bad timing for me to try this again. I was burgled Monday so no money for frivolous toys right now.

I'm sorry to hear that. @Mommar it really sucks when things like that happen. Do you have renters insurance? Is it covered?

23 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

31F super parts are here! :)

And ouch Mommar! That's really crappy. Valkyrie theft should be punishable by ball stabbing. :angry:

59fb4eef9f8d2_VF-31lightsabers.thumb.jpg.73930dd06b627d24ef42663a4333cd63.jpg

The return of the valkyrie jedi knights

@mommar sorry to hear about your loss, hope it is covered by insurance

6 hours ago, Mommar said:

It's bad timing for me to try this again. I was burgled Monday so no money for frivolous toys right now.

3 hours ago, Saburo said:

Sorry to hear that Mommar, I can relate to your situation. :(  My storage unit was burglarized last week.

Sorry to hear about this, guys. :( Hope all the stuff is covered by the insurance. 

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

31F super parts are here! :)

59fb4eef9f8d2_VF-31lightsabers.thumb.jpg.73930dd06b627d24ef42663a4333cd63.jpg

Nice! 2 more 31's and the Sentai are complete. Any plans on making that sabers foldable and store it in in one of them packs? ^_^ 

1 hour ago, recon said:

Manage to bin and secure one set of VF-31J kai through yahoo auctions through buyee.jp. Hopefully the seller manages to secure at least one of the few pieces he is selling

Same here via FromJapan. I believe this is more of a gamble so let's wait and see by December first. ;) 

Sorry to hear you got robber Mommar, has happened to me a number of years back and it definitely hurt. Not so much for the loss of a a few items such as cash, laptop pc, dvd player and the (ex) misses jewelry but more so for the feeling of violation to our home.. I didn't like the area we lived in back then and from that moment on I hated the place and never felt safe and secure. Hope you recover swiftly from this misfortune.  

Sorry to hear about that Mommar and Saburo.  Hope the person gets caught.

My PW time limit at HLJ was getting close and I couldn’t find anything to ship with the VF-31C so right now I just had it shipped with Macross Chronicle # 58.

Thanks for the sympathy everyone but by-and-large I got lucky.  They only took two knives, $10,000 worth of Silver and Gold Coins (ouch) and the big kicker (IMO) an heirloom Diamond Ring my Grandma gave to my Mom.  That's the one thing that really pisses me off about it all.

12 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Thanks for the sympathy everyone but by-and-large I got lucky.  They only took two knives, $10,000 worth of Silver and Gold Coins (ouch) and the big kicker (IMO) an heirloom Diamond Ring my Grandma gave to my Mom.  That's the one thing that really pisses me off about it all.

Sorry to hear about your losses, ditto for Saburo n spanner. Definitely fortunate nobody was hurt.

39 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I sorry that happened, I know it wont replace the heirloom ring but I hope that insurance will help.

I hope the person or persons that did that get what they deserve, karma will come around.

Thank you everyone appreciate it, its been quite stressful recently for me.

Edited by Saburo

5 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm just glad that you guys are safe and sound. And that's the important thing. Possessions can be replaced overtime. Life doesn't.

Cheers.

Well said!

I know it can be crushing to have this kind of thing happen. My friend's house was broken into and looted a few years ago. He was a bigger collector than I am but the incident not only drove him to quit collecting completely, it made him lose a lot more faith in humanity.

On 28/10/2017 at 12:13 AM, no3Ljm said:

Yeah. Sad to say, that 30's pod can't be remove. :unsure:

On a good note though....

NY finally shipped my 31F's Super Part sets after one week of 'in-preparation'. :yahoo:

The excuse they gave me during Live Chat session is that they have lots of orders. That's it. And they couldn't come up with a better one why I got an in-preparation email from the 19th only to be shipped today. Oh well. <_<

Mine has been preparation in progress since 26 October and still hasn’t been shipped via EMS. Same reason given that they have loads of orders to prepare. Kind of frustrating. 

I have a monitored alarm system in my house with motion sensors, one of which is pointed right into my "toy room", and I always keep the blinds shut in that room which does face the street, but  that provides some peace of mind at least...

Back on topic.. STILL NO shipping email from NY on my Messer Super Parts yet.....:angry: