7 hours ago, Scyla said:

Got a preparation in progress mail from NY regarding the VF-31F Super Parts.

7 hours ago, brouken said:

Yay! Me too!

5 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Got the preparation in progress email from NY for the VF-31F Super Parts shipping with Eco SAL.

4 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Woot! Both my sets of 31 SP are on the way to me. NY shipped mine but that one is SAL, The other one with Mk 5 is coming EMS ^_^

I don't get this. You guys only received the preparation notice a few hours ago and I received my so-called preparation notice back on the 19th and now it's still on preparation in progress. And one of Anubis' order got shipped already. That's weird. I know the SP parts got released earlier than the Mk 5 which I also ordered but not included to the SP parts order because it was announced days after I ordered the SP. My SP parts should've been sent out on the 20th or 23rd atleast. :unknw:

Then it somehow made me think for awhile. Are they waiting for other supply that gets released the same month to come in first before they send it out everything? I mean, if that's their process then they should honor somehow to change or update an order when the same item is coming in the same month even though it was announced a few days after, right? I mean it's frustrating sometimes that you have to pay different shipping costs knowing that both items are coming in the same month just because it was announced a few days apart.

Oh well, just venting out. <_<

I also got the preparation in progress email from NY on 10/19 and it shipped out with EMS early this morning. NY really needs to hire more warehouse staff, or at the very least prioritize shipping EMS over SAL. When people pay extra for EMS shipping they shouldn't have to wait a week for it to go out the door.

The show is not valk-accurate.  (The A's remodel from the J/F/S etc were done about as quick and cheap as possible---see the missing outer hardpoints, etc).   

The master file is very much how they "really" are/should be, vs a quick repaint for 60 secs of screen time.  

I'm actually planning to work up a 3D printed replacement pod using the master file's missile pod as a guide, finally starting on it tomorrow.

Unfortunately I don't have access to a 3D printer, so I'll have to rely on CAD work and hope it goes together well.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

16 minutes ago, brouken said:

Has anyone ever tried swapping the container pods between the 30 and 31? A bit lazy to dig up my 30 from storage to try it myself. :p

The 30's Missile Pod cannot be removed from the swivel joint.

36 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

The 30's Missile Pod cannot be removed from the swivel joint.

The joint itself can detach from the fuselage, though, right?

Either way, I seriously doubt they're using the same mechanism, or even one similar enough as to be interchangeable.

22 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

The joint itself can detach from the fuselage, though, right?

Either way, I seriously doubt they're using the same mechanism, or even one similar enough as to be interchangeable.

Yes, the Pod joint itself can be detach from the 30's fuselage. But I can't say the same for the 31's Pod joints.

Also, if ever the 30's Pod can be removed from the swivel joint and can be reattached to the 31's swivel joint, there's a chance that the pod will not fit perfectly in-between the legs in Fighter mode. I think the 30's Pod is a little bit wider and thicker than the 31's Pod.

9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Yes, the Pod joint itself can be detach from the 30's fuselage. But I can't say the same for the 31's Pod joints.

Also, if ever the 30's Pod can be removed from the swivel joint and can be reattached to the 31's swivel joint, there's a chance that the pod will not fit perfectly in-between the legs in Fighter mode. I think the 30's Pod is a little bit wider and thicker than the 31's Pod.

That’s too bad. It would have been great to use the missile pod as an option for the 31. So our only hope now is for the upcoming Delta movies to introduce more pod options, hopefully with an armor pack variant, and missile loadout for the wing hardpoints. 

Can’t believe I’m suggesting more ways to get me to spend. My wallet is already in a coma. :p

1 minute ago, brouken said:

That’s too bad. It would have been great to use the missile pod as an option for the 31. So our only hope now is for the upcoming Delta movies to introduce more pod options, hopefully with an armor pack variant, and missile loadout for the wing hardpoints. 

Can’t believe I’m suggesting more ways to get me to spend. My wallet is already in a coma. :p

Yeah. Sad to say, that 30's pod can't be remove. :unsure:

On a good note though....

NY finally shipped my 31F's Super Part sets after one week of 'in-preparation'. :yahoo:

The excuse they gave me during Live Chat session is that they have lots of orders. That's it. And they couldn't come up with a better one why I got an in-preparation email from the 19th only to be shipped today. Oh well. <_<

In many ways the VF-31 toys are better versions of the YF-30 toy. They transform very similarly (I don't own a YF-30, but I've seen the transformations enough times), I'm sure that a YF-30 "renewal" would feature many of the same improvements that the VF-31 toy used. 

That said, the VF-31's container is very much a part of the toy, and there is no way that it can be removed short of disassembly.

25 minutes ago, Valkyrie Driver said:

In many ways the VF-31 toys are better versions of the YF-30 toy. They transform very similarly (I don't own a YF-30, but I've seen the transformations enough times), I'm sure that a YF-30 "renewal" would feature many of the same improvements that the VF-31 toy used. 

That said, the VF-31's container is very much a part of the toy, and there is no way that it can be removed short of disassembly.

However, the 31's container pod can still be removed from its swivel joint. The 30's doesn't.

item_0000012369_V9HcoCHM_07.jpg.6b61b1e7b9a8f45db8fbe021a8b59d69.jpg

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

However, the 31's container pod can still be removed from its swivel joint. The 30's doesn't.

Is the 31's pod just connected to the swiveling arm by a round peg? That's the way it's done on the Bandai and Tomytec kits, so I'd imagine it's the same here as well. It would certainly make swapping (ostensibly) multiple pods easy.

5 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Is the 31's pod just connected to the swiveling arm by a round peg? That's the way it's done on the Bandai and Tomytec kits, so I'd imagine it's the same here as well. It would certainly make swapping (ostensibly) multiple pods easy.

Yes. You can pull it out easily.

On the 30's however, you can't pull it out from that joint. But instead you can pull out the whole folding hinge joint section where the pod attached to from the fuselage.

About the Pod, this pose just remind me that we clearly see a few times during the TV show that the VF-31 can stand with the pod retracted in its back. But the toy can't make this pose.

I declare that the classic pod need a version 2 and being at it Bandai should make more variants for the incoming 31A.

Edited by Xigfrid

25 minutes ago, Xigfrid said:

About the Pod, this pose just remind me that we clearly see a few times during the TV show that the VF-31 can stand with the pod retracted in its back. But the toy can't make this pose.

I declare that the classic pod need a version 2 and being at it Bandai should make more variants for the incoming 31A.

True. Sad to say, there's no clearance for the pod to do that. That's the first thing I did when I got my VF-31J before because I'm not a big fan of that charger pod so I just want it to stay in the back.

Though it's still possible to do it, and that's without locking the wing back section to the back tabs. Though it makes the whole back wing section angled so it doesn't look nice in sideview.

12 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

It's weird, the 31 shows two different battroid pod storage poses in Delta - one where it's completely retracted, and another where it kinda just sits half way on the back. They both seem to serve the same function.