1 hour ago, IXTL said:

Wow, that guy's pod mount is trashed.  How did it even get that bad?  Did he take it apart and mess with it a bunch?  With a hammer??

The second one I'm just confused over though.  Did he mount the model kit's pod on the DX?  Or just strip the paint?  I'm not sure why there's that white patch.  The missiles look like they're from the super packs for the 1/72 kit though, and just stuck in place of the drone parts.

10 hours ago, seti88 said:

...that certainly is some nice color contrasts.... Sorta thinking this is what arcadia's 0D color should have looked like less blue.

That's the #1 thing tempting me to buy it.  It's almost halfway between the grey 0D and Shin's 0D.  

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

For clarification: The preorder window on this 31A, being a web exclusive, will be open for a relatively long time? Since the toy's releasing in March, will preorders close around February? January?

Thanks.

Bandai has a set date for closing but NY always stays open until about a month before release. I'm not ordering mine until next year. 

Sigh wished bandai released it for christmas already instead of waiting till March!

Hope its like a pre-prod model, there seems to be some blue(?) paint markings on the arm joints which dont make sense.
Also the flaps on the main wings seem to be a slightly different hue from the rest of the body.

Thanks to all posting the pics so far! ^_^

Edited by seti88

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

Sigh wished bandai released it for christmas already instead of waiting till March!

Hope its like a pre-prod model, there seems to be some blue(?) paint markings on the arm joints which dont make sense.
Also the flaps on the main wings seem to be a slightly different hue from the rest of the body.

Thanks to all posting the pics so far! ^_^

It's almost certainly made with repainted Hayate parts, that was transformed, rubbing off the grey and revealing the original blue.  

19 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

It's almost certainly made with repainted Hayate parts, that was transformed, rubbing off the grey and revealing the original blue.  

Very nice deduction, most plausible explanation to the apparent blue hues on the top fuselage as well(which i initially tot to be a camera issue). Looks like they didn't lay a thick enough coat of grey so the blues are showing through.

Then the final color we may see in reality might not be as dark or deep...

18 minutes ago, IXTL said:

Were the 31A fleets from the HEMERA? I recall per initial sighting of the 31A on same decks of the AETHER with the FSW 31's as well.....no biggie i guess..

Edited by seti88

22 minutes ago, ChaoticYeti said:

Other than the chest, head, and wing tips, are there any other mold changes?

From what i notice are out go the boomerangs and we have missiles, the quartz on the nose should be non-transparent and the canopy seems far more transparent..

i didnt quite notice that the collars split on the CF as compared to the walkure valks which have their collar intact...

1000118008_10.jpg.7d05be45a52d954b86da975fa056d521.jpg35ce47a9ad2458dab9d8dd9e30b952a7--macros-hobby.jpg.aee608cdf87c918c7f5fd08ecf6e3c1f.jpg

16 minutes ago, Sildani said:

Are the wings straight or do they still have that gullwing kink? Can’t tell. 

the wingtip hinge looks the same so i suspect the kink would be still there...

Edited by seti88

52 minutes ago, ChaoticYeti said:

Other than the chest, head, and wing tips, are there any other mold changes?

What should be different include:

- FSW wing tips --> delta wing tips
- J/C/etc.-type head --> A-type head
- clear single-piece fold quartz on chest --> opaque two-piece fold carbon on chest
- drone launcher --> micromissile launcher
- forward canards --> larger forward canards
- nosecone sensors --> different arrangement of nosecone sensors*

*The nosecone sensors change has not been made.

46 minutes ago, Sildani said:

Are the wings straight or do they still have that gullwing kink? Can’t tell. 

Still gullwing.

17 minutes ago, spanner said:

I wonder if its been intentionally sloppily transformed..? Still, I'm loving the more militarized look / color scheme and those delta wing tips are so sexy! 

For me this is the pinnacle Delta release!

I think its just sloppy because the person setting up the display was just sent there to setup the display and wanted to get their job done with.  :lol:

Everytime I look at pics of the 31A I grow more impatient.

It gets my vote for the sexiest of cannon fodder Valk.

4 hours ago, IIymij said:

Do you guys think the VF-31A head can fit on a VF-31J body? 

I would think they're all interchangeable. The heads are fairly similarly shaped, and the toys share the same molds for the chest/back blocks that encase the head in fighter mode. The models don't remold these areas, either.

...then again, maybe the DXes have fixed/unremovable heads? Maybe they're screwed into place or something...

Edited by kajnrig