Actually i wouldnt mind paying for that tamashii event exclusive VF-31J Kai which is comparable to the price of the regular VF-31J. What i dun understand is why bandai would want to take something and it beneficial for scalpers instead reaping the profits of a limited number made to order exclusive item

7 hours ago, Sandman said:

How can the proxy services guarantee they can get one if it's done by lotto?

From what I could piece together with Google Translate is if the proxy can secure the order during the preorder window before it sells out then they're locked in when they pay for it and get the code.  You can pick it up anytime during the event. They just need to travel to the location, pay for admission (although looks like this event is free, just need to sign in the advanced entrance registration), then pick it up. As for the lottery system, it's all luck based so no guarantees.

3 hours ago, aurance said:

Markup is % increase from base price, in this case 21,000JPY, so it's a little above 50%.

Source: I'm a supply chain analyst in my day job, as if that's something to be proud of

Ugh. Yeah, that was a major fail. I wanted to checked the math myself, and went full duh using the store price. I'm sorry about earlier and I'm glad someone spoke up to let me know that I had calculated the percentage wrong. I might have gone a few days being oblivious otherwise. 

Apologies to @seti88 too. 

Edited by technoblue
Added an apology

18 minutes ago, recon said:

Actually i wouldnt mind paying for that tamashii event exclusive VF-31J Kai which is comparable to the price of the regular VF-31J. What i dun understand is why bandai would want to take something and it beneficial for scalpers instead reaping the profits of a limited number made to order exclusive item

These are limited items with a set amount , they are not made to order.  They are selling them online as a event exclusive to get more people to go to the event.  and will have a portion saved for the Lottery for people that choose not to preroder for event pickup.   Bandai do these event only items all the time.  it's more about getting people to go to the event.

They are not making it beneficial for scalpers at all since its limited to 2 per person and they will actually have to go to the event to pick it up.  it's actually more work for scalpers.

now imagine if they were to sell the same amount with the same limit on their website for shipping in japan like normal web exclusive it will be much easier for scalper and it will get sold out even quicker.  either way it seems it's pretty much the same for people outside japan. 

The only solution is to open an 2nd batch similar to high demand web exclusives and not the Lottery BS. 

example: one of those event exclusive items is a Metal Build Gundam F-91 , but after the event it will get a normal web exclusive pre order instead of lottery.^_^

Yeah I think a few people believe this event exclusive is the same as pre-ordering off the Arcadia webshop where any retailer or proxy service can just order as many as they want and then resell it with minimal time and effort. 

No, someone has to actually physically travel to the event in Akihabara to pick up the items. With a two item limit per person, it means if a shop wants 10 units to sell, they have to dispatch five employees to get them. That time and effort is added on top of the base price of 21k yen (no retail discount, kids). 

I actually registered for the event and was considering moving up a South Korea trip and swinging by Tokyo on the way back, but it appears Bandai won't be sending the admission codes for the event until late November, and I really can't plan long trips at the last minute like that. :p

On a more pleasant note: woohoo on the 31A news! Let's hope it's a regular release and not a Tamashii Nations 2018 event exclusive. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, F360 said:

These are limited items with a set amount , they are not made to order.  They are selling them online as a event exclusive to get more people to go to the event.  and will have a portion saved for the Lottery for people that choose not to preroder for event pickup.   Bandai do these event only items all the time.  it's more about getting people to go to the event.

They are not making it beneficial for scalpers at all since its limited to 2 per person and they will actually have to go to the event to pick it up.  it's actually more work for scalpers.

now imagine if they were to sell the same amount with the same limit on their website for shipping in japan like normal web exclusive it will be much easier for scalper and it will get sold out even quicker.  either way it seems it's pretty much the same for people outside japan. 

The only solution is to open an 2nd batch similar to high demand web exclusives and not the Lottery BS. 

example: one of those event exclusive items is a Metal Build Gundam F-91 , but after the event it will get a normal web exclusive pre order instead of lottery.^_^

Thats my point F360. Why bandai have to make this as an event exclusive item with a limited set amount instead of a made to order tamashii web exclusive limited item. The sales of the VF-31J already speaks volumes as everyone wants to get a hero valk on their hands

Hopefully the end result will be what was seen for the MB F91 event exclusive and will get the web exclusive treatment cos like sandman, i was hesitant to get the first releass out of fear of production or design issues

Edited by recon

I was at the tamashii event in 2015 where they released MB Destiny Heine. I missed out on purchasing one as both mornings I went, it sold out just before my turn. Leaving the venue I saw groups of up to 8-10 people here and there, each individual holding 2 pls of the MB. They all probably belong to their respective "scalper" shops or resellers, etc. More work or not, it's pretty certain where there's money to be made, the "scalpers" will flock there. 

3 hours ago, technoblue said:

Ugh. Yeah, that was a major fail. I wanted to checked the math myself, and went full duh using the store price. I'm sorry about earlier and I'm glad someone spoke up to let me know that I had calculated the percentage wrong. I might have gone a few days being oblivious otherwise. 

Apologies to @seti88 too. 

heheh dont sweat it dude..no biggie..

fb.jpg.2ddb5e516c554a46f40b2ae1a54109c0.jpg

Obviously they're doing it because there's money to be made. What part of "these are not charities" was unclear? :p

If calling them scalpers makes you feel better about missing out on a toy, or not being able to get an exclusive toy with zero markup, then by all means. :D

Edited by Lolicon

28 minutes ago, yman1437 said:

Pardon my ignorant question, what's really the big difference with this event-exclusive-because-dont-care-if-other-fans-might-want-it 31 kai?

Pardon my arrogant answer but both are the same. Both are inferior to the DX-31A. (Just kidding)

IMO, there is no big difference except for changing some stripes to black and adding of Knight Reaper emblem. It is a small difference but people who watch the show might want it better since that is the machine used by MC. And of course, there is that reaction missile that Bandai did not bother to add in the super packs.

OOh... VF-31A, the only other VF-31 I wanted. I don't like Hayate, and I don't like Messer. Chuck and Arad are probably the only other Members of Delta Platoon that I cared for. So I'd be down for getting those two and a Kairos. 

Edited by Valkyrie Driver

On 10/1/2017 at 7:13 AM, Moosey said:

Hmm. Sold out already...

Sometimes I do remind myself that this is just a toy and it's not something to get emotional with. :rolleyes:

What the heck. Screw you Bandai! :rofl:

3 minutes ago, Sildani said:

In for a Kairos. Hope they include an optional female pilot, like the ones we saw in crowd and briefing scenes. 

I just hope it has a different weapons pod than the Delta squad 31s. Preferably with a missile launcher worthy of the Macross franchise.

10 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

This would be a nice addition to the 31A. 

It would be interesting to see if they expand the number of available hardpoints somehow, since the other VF-31s only have 2 (which are occupied by the superpack shields).

On 9/22/2017 at 12:05 AM, Graham said:

Although I'd like 2 of each Delta VF, current finances are restricting me to 1 of each :(

At least you're able to get one I have none and it sucks because by the time I'll be able to afford one they will be up in the 400 500 dollar range.......