Here's how it is from my POV.

First off, the VF-31 looks great.  I knew I had to have one as soon as I saw it.

Price point is definitely part of it.  I'm not rich enough to buy every single valk or buy duplicates.  Combine this with the fact that the Delta VF-31s are (for the most part) just the same fighter several times with different paint schemes.

I'm nowhere near as deep into valk collecting as others here.  Even still, my VF-31C makes 13 I own (if I count my Toynami Masterpiece toys).  For me, things were getting samey.  Hayate's valk is more than a bit bland for a collection already having a VF-1J Max and a YF-29 Perceval.

Also, from my POV, a lot of the paint jobs were ugly.  I don't mean they were poor quality.  They were just color variants I found not to my liking.  Arad's and Chuck's fighters look garish.  I HATE that symbol on the spine on Arad's and Messer's.  So, I'm not on board for those.

I wanted Mirage's fighter because I feel it has the best look of all of them.  It has a pleasant color scheme.  It's untainted by spine graffiti.  The color isn't quite red, purple, or pink.  It's unique and would stand out in my collection.  I can set it next to Max, Miriya, or any of my other Valks and it will still be a standout part of my collection, unlike Hayate's which would just blend in and end up looking non-descript.  

I'm not worried about Super packs for my VF-31.  I think the VF-31 packs make the mecha look cluttered and ruin its grace.  So, I can save some money there.

I'd still like a VF-31A if one is made.  It falls prey to some of the blending into the crowd since it would be about the same color as my VF-0A and VF-4G, but the distinctiveness of the design offsets this a bit, and it doesn't have garish colors or spine art working against it.

As for the Draken, I don't really like it.  If I had a lot more money, I might get one.  I'd prefer if they did a white one from the final episode.  But it's an easy skip for me.  I'd rather save that money for a SV-51.

So, that's my rationale.  I don't know if anyone else shares it, but its why I spent the money on the VF-31 I did and why I'm not extremely likely to spend much more.  For me buying the entire Delta squad was never really something I would have done.

1 hour ago, Duymon said:

My VF-31C has been sitting in Los Angeles Customs for 2 weeks now. That's even worse than the NY customs center lol

I have one that’s been in jersey city for a week. I can prob just drive there and pick it up before it leaves the facility haha

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
a word

I actually only started collecting last year when I picked up Luca at Jungle in Tokyo, so I don't feel any major need to complete any squad, but I wanted the 31C and E to match against my 1/60 Milias and Luca, and neutral SPs for both since it's actually an option. My collection already cost me a whole lot even before the new Valks, so price is definitely an issue.

4 hours ago, WaferMouse said:

My email from CDJ from when I PO'd says October (which is funny, since a few posts ago I was sure I PO'd with HLJ, lol)

What's funny too is that HLJ does not carry Tamashii Web Exclusive items. ;) 

3 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Yeah the 31C is turning out to be quite the shelf warmer. I bought a couple extra and it looks like I’ll have to bury them in the sand for a thousand years befor they are worth the trouble to sell lol 

Why wait for a thousand years in the sand when you can sell them now at MSRP. ^_^ 

1 hour ago, funkymonkeyjavajunky said:

This issue may have already been discussed: the big gap behind the cockpit. Has anyone found a way of mitigating (reducing or hiding) its appearance? As gaps go, it is pretty bad.

I haven't done any fixing on mine but I kind of figure out what's causing it. Try on removing the crotch panel under the cockpit and you can see that you can close the gap behind the cockpit. It's the placement of the locking tabs behind the crotch panel that's causing it. I think it was placed too high somehow. The only fix I can think of is you need to cut some portion of the tab to align it properly, making the gap smaller. But I wouldn't recommend it since by doing that the crotch panel might become loose in fighter mode. And it might have a small gap since the panel will move a little farther away from the cockpit area.

6 minutes ago, WaferMouse said:

I actually only started collecting last year when I picked up Luca at Jungle in Tokyo, so I don't feel any major need to complete any squad, but I wanted the 31C and E to match against my 1/60 Milias and Luca, and neutral SPs for both since it's actually an option. My collection already cost me a whole lot even before the new Valks, so price is definitely an issue.

I hear yah. Price nowadays is really an issue. Sometimes it's hard to keep up. :( 

6 hours ago, funkymonkeyjavajunky said:

This issue may have already been discussed: the big gap behind the cockpit. Has anyone found a way of mitigating (reducing or hiding) its appearance? As gaps go, it is pretty bad.

It's been mentioned, but never really picked apart to determine the cause.  When I got my 31C, I did play with it a little to see what can be done though.

I'd noticed before that pushing the nose section back had helped close the gap a little, but I also tried lifting the nose this time, and that seemed to work too.. however, lifting the nose will tend to pop loose the panel on the underside of the nose section, the one that folds into the crotch panel.  Pushing that panel all the way into the nose again caused the nose to droop some, and the gap to re-open.

Rough conclusion?  That underside panel is actually slightly too short, and it's tugging back on the bottom side of the nose, tipping it down farther than it should, and opening the gap behind the cockpit.

If you don't mind sanding down plastic a little, you might be able to remove a little material from the rear edges of the tabs on the underside panel, and relax the tension it puts on the underside of the cockpit, and see if it helps the gap.  There might be a better place to make that adjustment though.

Personally, the gap doesn't bug me enough to bother trying to fix it, and I've always thought the 31's nose was a little too high, so that extra tug downwards looks better to me.

8 minutes ago, Valkyrie Driver said:

How long does it take AmiAmi to ship?

I give them 48 hours after they receive the payment and confirmed it.

But if you just paid yesterday (US time), then they might ship it on Monday since it's Saturday there now. I don't think they're open during Saturday.

Edited by no3Ljm

8 minutes ago, Valkyrie Driver said:

Ok, well I purchased early this morning, so, I'll probably see it shipped Monday or Tuesday?

It's safe to assume by Tuesday since you bought the item Friday morning which is already Saturday there. Processed by Monday and have them sort it and pack it. Yeah, Tuesday probably.

I'm just like you before, trying to estimate days. So I decided if I'm going to buy something from them esp if the item is available, purchase it Thursday here so that they can send it by Friday there. And receive it Wednesday/Thursday here. ;)

Looks like the VF-31J Kai will be available via lottery sales on TWE after Tamashii Nation 2017, rather than the usual TWE pre-order system.

That means it will be harder to get and re-sellers are going to enjoy marking up the price for the copies they are able to get their hands on.

http://tamashii.jp/special/tamashii_nation/item05.html

31JKai.jpg

Edited by IXTL

7 hours ago, IXTL said:

Looks like the VF-31J Kai will be available via lottery sales on TWE after Tamashii Nation 2017, rather than the usual TWE pre-order system.

That means it will be harder to get and re-sellers are going to enjoy marking up the price for the copies they are able to get their hands on.

http://tamashii.jp/special/tamashii_nation/item05.html

31JKai.jpg

Well i will be damn. They lost a perfectly good chance to milk the molds with this stunt. 

Seems like it's max 2 quantity per item per person. So let me see, the way this works is you sign up for a Premium Bandai account, try to place an order during the preordering period, pay for the item(s), get a code confirmation, wait till the venue then pick it up there?

Also, orders stop when they hit a predetermined number, they do not offer delivery service as the only way to get it is to go there, any orders not picked up will be cancelled with a refund minus a fee of 540yen.

4 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

Seems like it's max 2 quantity per item per person. So let me see, the way this works is you sign up for a Premium Bandai account, try to place an order during the preordering period, pay for the item(s), get a code confirmation, wait till the venue then pick it up there?

Also, orders stop when they hit a predetermined number, they do not offer delivery service as the only way to get it is to go there, any orders not picked up will be cancelled with a refund minus a fee of 540yen.

Is this just the process to get one at the event? What about the post event orders? Can someone who has participated in this type of order explain? How does someone in the US get one? TIA

On 29/09/2017 at 8:59 PM, spacemanoeuvres said:

Yeah the 31C is turning out to be quite the shelf warmer. I bought a couple extra and it looks like I’ll have to bury them in the sand for a thousand years befor they are worth the trouble to sell lol 

Yep, I had previously decided to skip the 31c, but it's frustratingly available on NY after so many days that I broke down and got 2 of them. Hope I won't regret it....

6 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Is this just the process to get one at the event? What about the post event orders? Can someone who has participated in this type of order explain? How does someone in the US get one? TIA

Yes. This is for the peeps going to the event. You could probably order it via proxy but then the person would have to physically go there which would add to the cost. It'll be via lottery system just to order it after the event. BTW, this is a new way of ordering these event exclusive items. Maybe to keep scalpers at bay and create more exclusivity. Whose bright idea was it to come up with this?!

1 hour ago, wmkjr said:

Yes. This is for the peeps going to the event. You could probably order it via proxy but then the person would have to physically go there which would add to the cost. It'll be via lottery system just to order it after the event. BTW, this is a new way of ordering these event exclusive items. Maybe to keep scalpers at bay and create more exclusivity. Whose bright idea was it to come up with this?!

Thanks! So we don't know exactly how it will work after the event basically? It sounded like some people went through the process before but I guess that was the at event experience. Damn, I just want one and hope I can order as usual from NY or AE. 

48 minutes ago, Shukenzero said:

Looks like the Kairos is coming! Wonder when they'll reveal the prototype?

IMG_1839.JPG

This news made my day!!!! Cant wait!!

tamashii nations reveal at the end of October perhaps? If so then either a January or April target?

Edited by seti88

That would be available only during a Tv show, where as a member of the public, you can participate to the live lottery to win the chance to play the game and answer the questions as fast as possible in Japanese and concerning Delta universe. The fastest guys only would win the VF-31A. 

That would be called the ultra limited edition Bandai...

47 minutes ago, Xigfrid said:

That would be available only during a Tv show, where as a member of the public, you can participate to the live lottery to win the chance to play the game and answer the questions as fast as possible in Japanese and concerning Delta universe. The fastest guys only would win the VF-31A. 

That would be called the ultra limited edition Bandai...

What tv show are they referring to? The announcement of the movie on the 10th?

gee I feel so deflated after such elation!!