8 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

That price seems a little high. 20500 JY is less than 190 USD

Yeah, that was the price at HLJ. The price at NY was ~21500, so about 10 dollars more as far as pure currency exchange rates go. Then EMS shipping was $33.80 at HLJ and I payed $45 at NY. I probably did screw up by having NY do the currency conversion, instead of either paying in yen or converting through paypal.

14 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Hate to piss you off more but I don't use EMS, I shipped SAL.

Hmm, that actually may mean that there is hope. Maybe EMS is behind on their updates vs. SAL. Or it could mean that I'm even more screwed lol. Thanks for the info man. I just was really looking forward to my first VF-31.

Edited by NUNS

6 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

If you try and pay in $ at NY it ends up costing quite a bit more, always choose to pay in Yen.

Yeah, thanks for the tip. I learned that the hard way this time around. Normally I do the conversion in Paypal I think (or maybe just pay directly in yen, I can't remember for sure).

16 minutes ago, NUNS said:

Yeah, that was the price at HLJ. The price at NY was ~21500, so about 10 dollars more as far as pure currency exchange rates go. Then EMS shipping was $33.80 at HLJ and I payed $45 at NY. I probably did screw up by having NY do the currency conversion, instead of either paying in yen or converting through paypal.

Hmm, that actually may mean that there is hope. Maybe EMS is behind on their updates vs. SAL. Or it could mean that I'm even more screwed lol. Thanks for the info man. I just was really looking forward to my first VF-31.

No problem! I think you'll like the Valk a lot once you get it. And yes, be sure to pay in yen and even when you go through PayPal, make sure to use a credit card and let the card do the conversion, not PayPal. If you get in with the preorder prices, NY is consistently around the same price with shipping as other spots without shipping. Saves a lot of money!

1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

No problem! I think you'll like the Valk a lot once you get it. And yes, be sure to pay in yen and even when you go through PayPal, make sure to use a credit card and let the card do the conversion, not PayPal. If you get in with the preorder prices, NY is consistently around the same price with shipping as other spots without shipping. Saves a lot of money!

I've done Paypal's Yen conversion, and used my own CC as well. Generally Paypal ends up better for me, but not by a huge amount.

2 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

3 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I've done Paypal's Yen conversion, and used my own CC as well. Generally Paypal ends up better for me, but not by a huge amount.

Thanks again for all the excellent advice from everyone. I'll post when I finally get an update from EMS.

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Disney is gonna sue someone! :o

59b8289edc9c6_VF-31C02.jpg.dc25f1240aaf495a1700d7f494bacd11.jpg

Loving it Lolicon!  :wub: 

Btw, once you get hold off 31F Super Parts, try to fit it with 31C. I have a feeling it would look nice too. ;)

Regarding the late shipping conversation. I only panic when it passed that 7 day period for EMS shipping. And that's 2-3 extra days more pass the actual EME shipping period. As for Registered SAL, I panic when it passed 21 days. And that's extra week more than the actual 2 week SAL shipping period. As always, patience is the key here. ^_^

My first of two was shipped from CDJapan on Sunday morning, arrived at LAX yesterday afternoon.. now I get to see how competent LAX customs are this month. :p

I didn't even ship EMS, just registered air mail.  CDJ just always seems to be ridiculously fast for some reason.

Edited by Chronocidal

35 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

My first of two was shipped from CDJapan on Sunday morning, arrived at LAX yesterday afternoon.. now I get to see how competent LAX customs are this month. :p

I didn't even ship EMS, just registered air mail.  CDJ just always seems to be ridiculously fast for some reason.

first 2? how many did you order?B))

edit: ah i didn't read it right. 1st of two.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I guess that would depend on your CC...Most charge around 3%, which is around what Paypal charges. I use a cc that has no foreign transaction fee and I got it specifically to buy things from these shops since I started using them so much.

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I guess that would depend on your CC...Most charge around 3%, which is around what Paypal charges. I use a cc that has no foreign transaction fee and I got it specifically to buy things from these shops since I started using them so much.

Yeah, they're both 3% for me, but Paypal usually has the better base Yen conversion rate for some reason.

The only reason, and a tenuous one at that, to use N-Y's USD price is to be able to use PayPal Credit for your purchase so you can take advantage of the 6 months interest free payback option, as long as your total is more than $100.00... and lets face it, most of the stuff we buy related to this hobby ends up blowing right past that amount.

1 hour ago, davidwhangchoi said:

first 2? how many did you order?B))

edit: ah i didn't read it right. 1st of two.

Yep, just two, and I'm only getting pairs of Hayate and Mirage so I can someday do their back-to-back reaction warhead pose from the last episodes.  The rest of Delta Flight is going solo.. assuming I even get around to getting Arad. :p

The second one's staying in my HLJ warehouse until some other stuff gets released.

Ok, FINALLY dispatched from outward office at 09/13 05:00 JST after sitting at "Posting/Collection" since 09/11 21:00. I'm relieved that everything is finally moving forward, but it is strange for EMS to take almost 40 hours from receipt of package to leave Japan. I wonder if Irma had anything to do with it. I doubt it because EMS usually ships directly to New York first, but who knows.

41 minutes ago, spanner said:

Not disappointed at all! I love it! The color is great!

Put it on display with the Mirage figure.

Nice display spanner!  I am jealous I am still waiting for the FA-Zero Mirage I ordered off ebay.  It was a good price, free shipping but no tracking and probably economy shipping. :wacko: I hope it even arrives.

Mirage's ride did arrive though, she's a beauty! :wub:

36382838423_7bca85d54c_h.jpg

Edited by Saburo

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Loving it Lolicon!  :wub: 

Btw, once you get hold off 31F Super Parts, try to fit it with 31C. I have a feeling it would look nice too. ;)

Yeah the black will probably go well with any of Delta squadron and probably the 31A too. :)

1 hour ago, Saburo said:

Looks fantastic, Saburo! 

43 minutes ago, seti88 said:

dangit lolicon, not you got me googling for light/beam/saber/sword/sticks!  ^_^

never knew i needed one till now...

Here you go! 

https://hlj.com/product/KBYMG-04

https://hlj.com/product/KBYMG-03

https://hlj.com/product/KBYMG-02

Think the 31C has my favorite head unit so far. That'll probably change when the 31S comes out, even though I don't like Arad's colors. :rolleyes:

Well, mine has entered what I call "the yoyo".  Every once in a while a shipment of mine gets stuck in a loop where it bounces back and forth between two different distribution centers:  one 100 miles south of me, and the other 100 miles north of me.  It's already been carried through my town once today on it's way to the other distribution center.  Now its on the truck to go to the other distribution center. 

I might get my VF-31 tomorrow or it might bounce between distribution centers for several days.  Nothing I can do but wait it out.

59 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Yeah the black will probably go well with any of Delta squadron and probably the 31A too. :)

Looks fantastic, Saburo! 

Here you go! 

Think the 31C has my favorite head unit so far. That'll probably change when the 31S comes out, even though I don't like Arad's colors. :rolleyes:

Hey sir! Thanks for posting that link. But is it ok if I bother you about it? Is it ok if you could post the specs as a whole? And also the hilt? Thanks! ;)

Received my Mirage from HLJ today.  I only had time to transform it to Gerwalk so far, but she is such a pretty bird!  My only frame of reference for Bandai Valks is the VF-171, so I'm glad to see the transformation seems to be a lot simpler, and so far there have been fewer moments where I've felt like I was straining pieces or at risk of breaking parts.  I love all the little details they put into it, like the drone launcher bay.  Truth be told, I was never wowed by the VF-31 design, but I've grown to really appreciate it seeing it in three dimensions.  The lines and angles are simply gorgeous and the color scheme really makes them pop.

3 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

^w00t!

Nice pics Saburo and Spanner!!!

-b.

Thanks @Kanedas Bike!  Did your arrive yet?

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

Finally my VF-31C is in KS City, should easily have it tomorrow! 

Nice!  Post up pics.

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Looks fantastic, Saburo! 

Here you go! 

Thank you @Lolicon!

I am also curious, are the batteries replaceable?

Edited by Saburo

3 hours ago, Saburo said:

Nice display spanner!  I am jealous I am still waiting for the FA-Zero Mirage I ordered off ebay.  It was a good price, free shipping but no tracking and probably economy shipping. :wacko: I hope it even arrives.

Thanks Saburo! 

And great pics as always! I was also looking at your Draken pics in the other thread and they look amazing! 

44 minutes ago, Saburo said:

One more pic before I head off to sleep.

37027238402_ff49432d32_h.jpg

41 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

It is max and miria all over again :wub:

really nice shots Saburo

This is true. I'm no big fan of the said couple. But these two 31's would look perfect if Bandai will also make the DX VF-1Ex as well.