I'm still waiting for a payment request from Amiami; however, I did order a 31C in tandem with another item they had listed as preorder, so I guess I'll have wait some more until that second item is in stock before my invoice is submitted... good thing I'm in no hurry.

3 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Nice, been on the lookout for a review.

Why did he take the arm apart and what did he do exactly?

It looks like the reviewer's copy had either a burr or thick paint application on the folding joint on the shoulder preventing the piece from resting correctly in battroid mode.  He disassembled the shoulder and sanded down the link piece to remove the obstruction.

Edited by Darth Mingus

We'll see when we get our own, but it looks like he might have also inserted those metal tubes into the joint for... durability? We'll see if those tubes are already there or if Bandai used solid rods. 

1 hour ago, David Hingtgen said:

So, now that I finally have a VF-31 on the way-----what's the best transformation video?   I've tried to keep up in the thread over the months, but I honestly can't remember if there's any warnings/things to remember etc.   

I typically use jenius' vids:

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Paint scraping is the biggest nuisance on the 31 series. The actual scrapes are small, but they annoy the hell out of me. The area just above the shoulder assembly is the worst.

Just pretend it is real world wear and tear from flight and combat, lol. Real jets don't often look that pristine anyway (until the government spends way too much money repainting them only for them to wear again at the first flight).

Experimenting---the valk alone can be shipped FedEx, but adding even a tiny 100Y piece of candy means no FedEx.     Maybe a food/customs thing?  

(I almost always buy 1 or 2 little treats to sample and "toss in the box", as they're never justifiable to ship alone, and they SHOULD have basically zero effect on shipping--but in this case they do) 

My most recent HLJ shipment has the 31C, SHF Spider-Man, and one snack. The addition of the snack took away the FedEx option, so it's probably some kind of regulation regarding food. 

The addition of one snack item did not change the cost of EMS, but a second item bumped the price up. 

I'll just have to wait till next shipment to enjoy my Ghana chocolate bar. :lol:

One 31C is in customs now. Hurray! 

By the way for those that shipped by Fedex.  There's a new HOLD at Walgreens option that just started recently.

It's a free service for normal fedex package (not smartpost)  with the option to have it hold at a Walgreens location of your choosing, similar to a ture fedex office.

since it's international, it will required an indirect signature , so if you know you won't be home, you can request it the night before for the HOLD at Walgreens option.

3 hours ago, Gundam@EFSF said:

DX超合金【VF-31 SIEGFRIED】 Mirage Farina Jenius

I only like this purple color, my 1st 31...
Battroid mode first bcoz I want to check if the shoulder was defect
http://gundamatefsf.blogspot.hk/2017/09/dxvf-31-siegfried-mirage-farina-jenius.html

03.jpg

00.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

04.jpg

Such a beautiful, stunning, menacing, badass design, like everyone else here I'm so happy for getting this Macross figure, is going to look great alongside Messer. 

Thank you Gundam@EFSF for sharing these awesome pics. :)

Edited by Alex GS

12 hours ago, F360 said:

By the way for those that shipped by Fedex.  There's a new HOLD at Walgreens option that just started recently.

It's a free service for normal fedex package (not smartpost)  with the option to have it hold at a Walgreens location of your choosing, similar to a ture fedex office.

since it's international, it will required an indirect signature , so if you know you won't be home, you can request it the night before for the HOLD at Walgreens option.

Yeah, they changed how the holds work and it's a massive pain in my ass.  Now I can't hold at the FedEx Office that's a two minute drive from my Mom's but I can hold at a bunch of shitty Walgreens in questionable neighborhoods that aren't nearly as convenient to reach.

Edited by Mommar