17 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I've had HLJ ship stuff out on Saturdays before. But if I selected FedEx, it wouldn't actually be on a plane out of the country until Monday or Tuesday. 

Interesting. I've never ordered from HLJ before. How do they rate compared to NY and Ami as far as order processing/shipping speed and customer service?

48 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Same here! So spanner, how many VF-31C's did you get? 

I got two but only one is actually mine. The other is for Scream Man. I won't be doing the multiples things much anymore but maybe for the 31a if we ever get them. Still thinking 3 of them but we'll see what happens..

2 hours ago, NUNS said:

Interesting. I've never ordered from HLJ before. How do they rate compared to NY and Ami as far as order processing/shipping speed and customer service?

HLJ usually gets stuff shipped out in a timely manner. As for customer service, they're the only Japan-based retailer that actually has it. 

With all the others, it's pretty much "tough sh**" if there's a problem with the item. 

My CDJ and NY orders shipped yesterday; those I paid off awhile back. 

2 hours ago, NUNS said:

As far as processing orders and getting them out the door, in my experience Amiami has the fastest turnaround, most of the time.  HLJ and N-Y can be fairly slow, specially N-Y.  Of course, once it ships it's in the shipping company's hands and subject to all sorts of extraneous factors... specially if SAL is the method chosen.

Customer service wise, HLJ is the best in the business.

Edit: Lolicon beat me to it...

Edited by mechaninac

I appreciate the feedback on HLJ. Definitely going to put them at a higher priority for future purchases. In hindsight I should have waited and purchased from them, but I was pretty psyched to pick up the -31c and jumped on the second NY opening last night even though it was more expensive. Oh well, now the waiting begins...

6 hours ago, spanner said:

I got two but only one is actually mine. The other is for Scream Man. I won't be doing the multiples things much anymore but maybe for the 31a if we ever get them. Still thinking 3 of them but we'll see what happens..

Well better to have one than none, look forward to your display case pics! I feel you with the multiples as that can get really pricey. I went for three of the HMR VF-2SS's and that's only because she's my favorite and a really rare bird. That VF-31A is a must have for sure! 

Edited by 505thAirborne

14 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

That VF-31A is a must have for sure!

I don't normally care much for the mass production versions of valks, but I have to admit the VF-31A with its sleek forward-swept wing design is a totally different story. Its uniqueness makes it very desirable.

4 hours ago, NUNS said:

I don't normally care much for the mass production versions of valks, but I have to admit the VF-31A with its sleek forward-swept wing design is a totally different story. Its uniqueness makes it very desirable.

I've always been a mass production fan like the VF-1A CF and VF-25A, so the VF-31A is a must for me, especially with that low vis grey paint scheme! 

And for those who used HLJ,  they are wasting no time in getting my package shipped out, got a tracking number already! 

Edited by 505thAirborne

Lol, I guess this headache is really getting to me : (

I meant NON-forward swept wings of course!

EDIT:

I agree on the paint scheme. It has that real-life fighter plane feel to it.

Wow HLJ is quick... Now I'm really starting to hate myself for not buying from them.

Edited by NUNS

I wasn't able to check my phone until after I got off work, and nearly had a heart attack when I saw I had an email from HLJ...and a message from my credit card that my transaction had been declined :o.  This is the one and only time I'm glad I have my checking account linked to Paypal.

Got shipping notification while I was making sure HLJ got payment.  LOL.

This will be my first VF-31.  I can't wait!

6 minutes ago, NUNS said:

Some show it as gray, others as a shade of light blue.

photo01.jpg

I'd say Bandai would release it in more of a grey instead of a blue tinge, like it is in the show. Maybe it's the lighting? I have that model of the 31A and it definitely doesn't have the same blue colour.

edit: my hlj order has also been shipped!

Edited by Shukenzero

Can anyone tell me the best episode with a Mirage fight scene? I never finished Macross Delta. I stopped at the Silent Hacker episode and still haven't got around to starting up again. The VF-31C colors look right from the newer pictures. But a few other things might take priority so I'm trying to be convinced that I need Mirage's jet. At least right now. I remember there was an episode where she was defeated in an asteroid belt I think.

16 minutes ago, JetJockey said:

Can anyone tell me the best episode with a Mirage fight scene? I never finished Macross Delta. I stopped at the Silent Hacker episode and still haven't got around to starting up again. The VF-31C colors look right from the newer pictures. But a few other things might take priority so I'm trying to be convinced that I need Mirage's jet. At least right now. I remember there was an episode where she was defeated in an asteroid belt I think.

What episode number is Silent Hacker? Can't remember there was an episode with that title. As for Mirage fight in the asteroid belt that's episode 6. I think the best Mirage aerial fight is with the VF-1Ex. ^_^

snagged one from HLJ? I keep getting emails from fingstock at 3am when im asleep but didnt think any of it since i figured they would be gone since these are in demand items

but i casually log into hlj and boom theyre available albeit "low in stock"

i already have mirage's plastic model but i really want the dx for her and i recently got a nice job so cheers i guess! Hope every got however many they wanted

EDIT: silent hacker is what epsiode 7? i think at the earliest? dont quote me on that Noel

Edited by zaino

43 minutes ago, zaino said:

EDIT: silent hacker is what epsiode 7? i think at the earliest? dont quote me on that Noel

I actually searched and found out that Silent Hacker was a Walküre song featured in episode 7 and not an episode title. ^_^