I finally got me super parts for the J and put them on battroid mode the other day. Today, while transforming it ti fighter, it noticed bandai screwed up on the tampo on the arm shields.  The 05 markings are on the same side of the shield.  Shouldn't they be on opposite sides so that they both face outwards in fighter mode?  I checked with a few of the pics in this thread and they all seem to be this way.

IMG_0054.JPG

6 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Because NY sucks. Poor service, high shipping, no customer service whatsoever. 

If NY was really as good as some people believe, there wouldn't be a need for the constant shilling. Their quality would speak for itself.

:lol::lol::lol: I think it's even more telling that the people complaining about NY the most KEEP going back to shop there. 

Anyways, I haven't messed with my Delta Valks at all beyond initial opening but dying to. Just not enough time in the days. Gotta get Messer's Valk suited up! More pics!

4 hours ago, Sildani said:

The gunpod will probably need a separate adapter, kinda like the VF-27's and YF-29's. 

I don't think the VF-31E will come with a gunpod at all. The gunpod is a part of the weapon container which is getting replaced by the radar dish.

15 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

I don't think the VF-31E will come with a gunpod at all. The gunpod is a part of the weapon container which is getting replaced by the radar dish.

That was my thought as well.

NY entertains me with their shipping.  Homemade boxes, random delays, etc. I'm usually not in a rush though and I go airmail instead of EMS since they aren't cheap on shipping costs. HLJ has delays too, particularly if you switch from PW to ship. I do appreciate NY for exclusives and discount codes though.

Just picked up my VF-31J Super parts from the Post Office (they arrived Thursday via SAL Registered) - and they got through without Customs & Duties (woohoo for Canadians - that's why I love NY).

Really really love these packs, really makes the Battroid mode so nice (and I got these VF-31 for fighter mode only).  I wished they were magnetic or had more opening missile bays, but they are nicely articulated and really adds to an already amazing design.  The blue scheme is so nice.  Now I'm debating on getting it for the black VF-31F - wasn't originally intending too.  I wanted a naked fighter mode, but after seeing how nice they are...  Highly recommend it!

9 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Because NY sucks. Poor service, high shipping, no customer service whatsoever. 

If NY was really as good as some people believe, there wouldn't be a need for the constant shilling. Their quality would speak for itself.

To be fair, they did respond to my shipping issue and resolved it for me so they're not entirely non-responsive.  I'm not sure anybody said they're good but they're sometimes the only game in town and for people who live in other countries with ridiculous import fees they'll undervalue or find ways to waive the fees for them.  So there's benefit there too.

On 6/3/2017 at 8:41 AM, Darth Mingus said:

I finally got me super parts for the J and put them on battroid mode the other day. Today, while transforming it ti fighter, it noticed bandai screwed up on the tampo on the arm shields.  The 05 markings are on the same side of the shield.  Shouldn't they be on opposite sides so that they both face outwards in fighter mode?  I checked with a few of the pics in this thread and they all seem to be this way.

I imagine it's related to the "SWS" markings etc we see----neither the Japanese designers nor Chinese factory workers, are likely to notice that a stylized English font is upside down, or even has any "meaning" and isn't simply a artistic/symbolic marking. 

I can't find any pictures that prove they're not supposed to be like that so... :unsure:

:edit:

maybe it's intentional like having "U.N. SPACY" printed upside down on one side of a VF-1's gunpod.

Edited by anime52k8

On 6/3/2017 at 6:41 AM, Darth Mingus said:

IMG_0054.JPG

1 hour ago, David Hingtgen said:

I imagine it's related to the "SWS" markings etc we see----neither the Japanese designers nor Chinese factory workers, are likely to notice that a stylized English font is upside down, or even has any "meaning" and isn't simply a artistic/symbolic marking. 

21 minutes ago, anime52k8 said:

I can't find any pictures that prove they're not supposed to be like that so... :unsure:

:edit:

maybe it's intentional like having "U.N. SPACY" printed upside down on one side of a VF-1's gunpod.

Based on the anime screenshots, the ∆05 markings placements on the Bandai Super Parts are correct. ^_^

Here's some screenshots samples from Chuck's ∆03 and Arad's ∆01.

59346ca7284c4_ScreenShot2017-06-04at1_17_28PM.thumb.png.86c3ec807a56c1869f37aa099a1e30a9.png

59346c9a794f9_ScreenShot2017-06-04at1_18_05PM.thumb.png.38648ac5fb77cc25d7ef6851b7b0828c.png

59346c8fed2d7_ScreenShot2017-06-04at1_19_27PM.thumb.png.cd8b65f3a87d78893647ae42a1bbcfba.png

59346cb206987_ScreenShot2017-06-04at1_19_42PM.thumb.png.857c49ec6b91078d04ffe338a4a2c616.png

The placement's the same on the 1/72 kit shield parts, so it's probably supposed to be like that.

Thoughts on the eventual DX 31E. The radome will probably have some mildly obnoxious hinges in it, like the 262's shield, so the super parts will probably include a fully opened replacement.

They might, but I don't see why actually.  The radome doesn't have some big piece of art across it, does it?  I think that's the only gripe about the 262's shield, is that the hinges interrupted the Windermere royal crest.

What I do wish they would include is a permanently opened charger pod front.  The giant bulky hinges on those tiny doors kind of ruin the look of that piece, and three of the doors aren't the right shape.

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Based on the anime screenshots, the ∆05 markings placements on the Bandai Super Parts are correct. ^_^

That's some way cool posting skillz...:lol:

Darn, the dash of red of Arad's SP's especially on the shins, sure do look nice...

12 minutes ago, Graham said:

I really hope they do the Sound Booster pod from the asteroid battle episode.

It looks like the sound booster pack is deployed like a tied up ribbon, sitting on the split pod from the screenshots above hmmm..

3 hours ago, Zx31 said:

1496635053296239784673.jpg

Thanks for the pic, looks more awesome then i tot it would, tweeters galore heh!  Looking at the screenshots it still looks like there is a seperate box underneath the deployed doors...maybe its anime trickery again...

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

So when those Projection Unit Pods are installed, it means that they don't carry the Gunpods, right? They just rely on the arm machine guns and the knives?

I recall this being asked before and there was a screenshot of the gunpod still hung underneath the 31 with the soundpods on top during launch from the aether....
Whether that was a mistake or not i wasnt sure...

Plus didnt hayate/mirage or messer have a gunpod in hand during one of the fights against the drakens in the soundpod episode?

Actually, while the show was airing we had a big debate about whether the beamgun pod can still be attached at an alternate location while the speaker packs are equipped, as IIRC, Mirage or maybe one of the other Delta members is shown using the beamgun pod in that asteroid battle episode with the Speaker Pack attached.

In the below screen shots from episode 6, you can see the beam-gunpod is somehow still mounted between the legs of the VF-31, even with the Speaker Pack in the deployed position.

I'm guessing some sort of mounting bracket that attaches to the inner legs.

niF7SaO.jpg

post-11-0-58835500-1462860117.jpg

post-15116-0-74255300-1462853223.jpg

it looks like it might dangling off the crotch by the tip of the barrel. alternatively it's just floating between the legs.

Edited by anime52k8

Now it's clear. ;) Atleast this is not the first time they did this. YF-30 is also doing the same thing in-game. When the missile pod is deployed in Fighter mode, you can see that the Gunpod is just floating in the middle of the legs. ^_^

On 6/4/2017 at 3:28 PM, no3Ljm said:

Just like the VF-31A's are missing their hardpoints?    "Time-rushed animators not properly mirroring things or covering up gaps" explains a lot more things better than "they MEANT to do that!"