this is why i order exclusives from anime export. they only charge base item up front and have similar system to HLJ PW. also, they don't have retarded shipping 

the only benefit of NY is cheap 1st run preorder and pay later. with exclusives they don't offer that so..... choose anime export

Edited by Duymon

22 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

argh my shipment that was to arrive today got delayed to Friday. i guess i can wait for those 31J packs.

pretty excited!

Hey David. Before you put it on Hayate's make sure to put it on Messer's first and snap some pix, ok. ^_^

10 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I think some of what people are put off by falls into the "you should know this already" category, since they've been selling Bandai's exclusive super packs for a long time, and never seemed to have trouble before.  If the extra money had been asked for up front, no one would have blinked an eye.  It's just the "Sorry, we were wrong, and need more money to get you the thing you already paid for" factor.

The problem may lie with Bandai reporting incorrect weights or volume for them, or maybe there's just more metal in these than was expected.  Could even be market fluctuations devaluing the amount already paid.  Actually that makes me wonder.  For people who got asked to pay extra, how many of them paid their original order ahead of time?  Did anyone who paid right at the deadline get asked for more?

Everyone that pre-ordered paid immediately. NY no longer has a pay later option for pre-orders of exclusive items.

7 hours ago, neoexcaliber said:

Yikes. The super parts for the Hayate are back in stock at NY and it's 11500 yen now. It was 7820 yen before. I'm glad I got an extra just in case.

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/19633-macross-delta-super-parts-set-for-dx-chogokin-vf-31j-siegfried-hayate-immelman-custom-limited-edition.html

Sure wish I had ordered one :bigshok:

It gets better, I called UPS and the moron on the line told me that NY marked the shipment down as not covering any fees and that toys in the US are always charged duties and if I wanted the package I HAD to pay the additional $200+.  And the only reason I never paid it before is because the shipper always elected to.  When I explained to the dumb beaver that no company could ever stay in business paying almost three times the amount for an item purchased without charging me the difference she just kept repeating, "that's customs."  I told her toys don't have a penalty and she claimed that everything but printed documents do.

Does anybody happen to know the US Import code so I can tell UPS where to shove it?

Edited by Mommar

10 minutes ago, Mommar said:

It gets better, I called UPS and the moron on the line told me that NY marked the shipment down as not covering any fees and that toys in the US are always charged duties and if I wanted the package I HAD to pay the additional $200+.  And the only reason I never paid it before is because the shipper always elected to.  When I explained to the dumb beaver that no company could ever stay in business paying almost three times the amount for an item purchased without charging me the difference she just kept repeating, "that's customs."  I told her toys don't have a penalty and she claimed that everything but printed documents do.

I feel the pain. Are you in the US? This is another reason why I avoid courier.

1 minute ago, monishb said:

I feel the pain. Are you in the US? This is another reason why I avoid courier.

The problem is NY switched from using FedEx to UPS.  UPS and the local postal service here are a bunch of frakk ups.  Besides, the idiot on the phone told me NY valued the super parts at $18.  Just what kind of frakking duty charges you $200+ on an $18 part?

So let me get this straight, if ever I used a courier service (FedEx, UPS or DHL), there is a possibility to get hit by duties even if I'm in the US? From my understanding, this is what happened to Mommar. Am I right?

3 minutes ago, OzmaLee74 said:

So let me get this straight, if ever I used a courier service (FedEx, UPS or DHL), there is a possibility to get hit by duties even if I'm in the US? From my understanding, this is what happened to Mommar. Am I right?

If somebody frakks up the paperwork, but otherwise it shouldn't ever happen.  This is the second time I've had to deal with it.  One other time HLJ didn't use the right code on one of my shipments and FedEx sent me an invoice that I was easily able to call and dispute.  UPS is holding my package hostage and employs the stupidest people on the planet.

11 minutes ago, Mommar said:

If somebody frakks up the paperwork, but otherwise it shouldn't ever happen.  This is the second time I've had to deal with it.  One other time HLJ didn't use the right code on one of my shipments and FedEx sent me an invoice that I was easily able to call and dispute.  UPS is holding my package hostage and employs the stupidest people on the planet.

UPS is retarded. importing most toys is free.

Source: US customs Harmonized Tarrif Schedule - chapter 95

https://www.cbp.gov/trade/programs-administration/determining-duty-rates

http://hts.usitc.gov/view/Chapter 95

rage.png.bc16dff41ecb940f1680876555c0230d.png

Edited by Duymon

Thank you, however I talked to somebody competent at UPS this time and she said that NY marked me down as Freight Collect, so after paying for shipping they marked the package as me paying for the shipping upon receipt.  And for some reason the shipping is a whopping $180.  So it's NY's frakk up.

Edited by Mommar

2 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Yeesh.  Do you have to get NY to fix it, or can you just show them your email receipts with purchase and shipping payment to prove you already paid them?

I don't know.  I contacted NY about it.  We'll see if they respond.  The problem is right now the package is being held in town at a location that I have no chance of accessing currently.

3 hours ago, Mommar said:

Thank you, however I talked to somebody competent at UPS this time and she said that NY marked me down as Freight Collect, so after paying for shipping they marked the package as me paying for the shipping upon receipt.  And for some reason the shipping is a whopping $180.  So it's NY's frakk up.

You might want to call again , their numbers dont even add up .

also 

What billing options does UPS offer?

UPS offers you several billing options so you have the flexibility to choose the payment method that suits you or your customers best. If you don't indicate a payment method at the time of shipping, charges are billed to the shipper.

UPS billing options include:

Bill Shipper (Prepaid) - UPS bills shipping charges to the shipper's UPS account number. 

Bill Receiver (Collect) - UPS bills shipping charges to the receiver.*

Bill Third Party (3rd Party) - UPS bills shipping charges to a party other than the shipper or receiver. The third party must have a valid UPS account number and must have agreed to accept the charges.*

Bill Payment Card - UPS bills shipping charges to a payment card (available when creating a shipment on ups.com or when using a UPS shipping document).

Note: Air freight services are billed only to the shipper.

*UPS accepts shipments for Collect and Third Party billing as long as the receiver or third party has a valid UPS account number and has agreed to accept the charges. In the event of non-payment by the receiver or third party, the charges are billed back to the shipper.

https://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/sri/bil_faq3.html

NY marked it as F/C, which is the International version of Bill Receiver (after charging me an extra $10 for shipping anyway...)  Yeah, it gets better.  I can't just show the UPS facility my invoice so they know I paid.  They say NY has to send a release code that tells UPS they're actually paying the shipping or else I HAVE to pay the $203 and then attempt to get paid back from NY (what are the chances of that.)  I'm assuming I'm about to have an Ami-Ami moment where NY is no longer a valid option for purchasing for me.

Edited by Mommar

Just received my VF-31J Super Parts. They look really good! Makes the 1J seem even more badass.

JrEK5ZZ.jpg

After taking some pics of it, it's only occurred to me now that the 1J head kinda resembles Eva-01 when viewed from the front.

6FrxLLe.jpg

The only weak point worth mentioning IMO is the shin armor. Its tabs are only located on one side of the leg so it's not as secure as I want it to be (but it's not loose though).

Edited by ArchieNov

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

NY marked it as F/C, which is the International version of Bill Receiver (after charging me an extra $10 for shipping anyway...)  Yeah, it gets better.  I can't just show the UPS facility my invoice so they know I paid.  They say NY has to send a release code that tells UPS they're actually paying the shipping or else I HAVE to pay the $203 and then attempt to get paid back from NY (what are the chances of that.)  I'm assuming I'm about to have an Ami-Ami moment where NY is no longer a valid option for purchasing for me.

Well, i wont paid the BS$203 for their fault.

also i wonder why his part doesnt relate to you.  Im pretty sure you didnt pre agree to this.

Note: Air freight services are billed only to the shipper.

*UPS accepts shipments for Collect and Third Party billing as long as the receiver or third party has a valid UPS account number and has agreed to accept the charges. In the event of non-payment by the receiver or third party, the charges are billed back to the shipper.

1 hour ago, ArchieNov said:

Just received my VF-31J Super Parts. They look really good! Makes the 1J seem even more badass.

JrEK5ZZ.jpg

After taking some pics of it, it's only occurred to me now that the 1J head kinda resembles Eva-01 when viewed from the front.

6FrxLLe.jpg

The only weak point worth mentioning IMO is the shin armor. Its tabs are only located on one side of the leg so it's not as secure as I want it to be (but it's not loose though).

whoa! you got it, thanks for posting pics and your feedback. i guess i don't need to hurry now we got a user review in.

The super pack actually looks really nice in your pictures. Just the right amount of bulk while still looking lean and mean. I wasn't a fan of them at first (and still don't like the way the large boosters look/attach in fighter mode) but seeing those pictures has me excited to get Messer's.

17 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

whoa! you got it, thanks for posting pics and your feedback. i guess i don't need to hurry now we got a user review in.

No! I still want you to post it on Messer's VF-31F. :aggressive:

:lol: 

8 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

LOL 

will do! i'll get in late friday /sat morning from work. so i'll post it then buddyB))

Grazie, David! ^_^

Btw, please post back shot photo as well. Just want to see how the blue matches on the Shinigami emblem to the blue of the Super Parts for me to decide if I need a third 31J Super Parts. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

Nice pics ArchieNov!

Glad I reorganized my detolf recently.  Looks like the VF-31J with Super Parts will look good and have room up on the top shelf with the VF-25G with Super Parts.