I dropped off Scream Man's 31F to his place yesterday evening and got to have a good look at it. Not gonna lie when I say it definitely is a beautiful thing especially more so seeing it in the flesh and I'll certainly love owning mine when it arrives but I'm still firm with my feelings that it is my least favored of the bunch..

Checked my parcel tracking and it landed in Sydney earlier this morning so I'm sure I'll get it tomorrow..

38 minutes ago, spanner said:

I dropped off Scream Man's 31F to his place yesterday evening and got to have a good look at it. Not gonna lie when I say it definitely is a beautiful thing especially more so seeing it in the flesh and I'll certainly love owning mine when it arrives but I'm still firm with my feelings that it is my least favored of the bunch..

what's wrong with your eyes? that's like saying i hate roy and max:D

24 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

what's wrong with your eyes? that's like saying i hate roy and max:D

LOL...

20 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Loving the simplicity of this thing so far! *cough Drakken *cough...Only had time to go to gerwalk tonight, battroid will have to wait till Friday night.. 

20170426_175345.jpg

Nice natural light shot ^_^

7 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

lol I feel guilty for ordering doubles of the hero valk but I always feel better after reading about you all ordering 3, 4, 5, or 6 of them hahaha :lol:

I feel like ordering a third...

Congrats to everyone who've received theirs- looking forward to getting mine on Friday. Hadn't really ever paid attention to the head on Messer's valk, but after checking out the posted pics, I get the vitriol aimed at it. Kinda like a Uni-Kamen Rider sort of thing going on there. :bad:  Fugly nugget aside, I love the overall paint scheme and skull emblem in fighter, which is why I got the 31F. Had I done my homework, I might have passed in favor of Mirage's, or the one with the radome.

19 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

lining up the box that way is really cool, just like a arcade VS screen before the fight

13 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Oh yea man that's right out of the arcade! Round 1 fight! I think I might choose the draken and do some big gun moves...

Absolutely nostalgic, such a glorious past, hahaha!

1 hour ago, VF-Zer0S said:

That's some sexy package art!

31 minutes ago, spanner said:

yeah the new box designs are a HUGE improvement over the older stuff eh!

18 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Lol I think he will know if you molested his valk!

Nice eye candies indeed for box collectors, so i only molested the box with my camera, hehe!

RE: VF-31F's head. I still really like it, but I know I'm in a minority (I also long the Anubis head of Keith's Draken so I must just like weird head styles) but I will admit the main thing that holds it back from being really good is the weird chin piece it has. If it was a smooth conical section, more like the Draken head even but without the dog ears, and just missing that chin I think it would get a lot less backlash (though I know many dislike the horn and the eyes, I like those however).

My 31F and 262Hs should arrive today, can't wait!

Count me in for liking the 31F and 272 head sculpt.
I think messer was going more for the insectoid look, more menacing like.

4d5d161eed79225cda9675e45855e53c_mean-hornet-clipart-angry-hornet-clipart-png_2242-1596.thumb.jpeg.5d6f7fc04762d70439695a42d4d63e7a.jpeg

9 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Loving the simplicity of this thing so far! *cough Drakken *cough...Only had time to go to gerwalk tonight, battroid will have to wait till Friday night.. 

20170426_175345.jpg

And in fact if you look at the head stripe on the fuselage, it shapes the tail end of the grey/white strip of the cockpit area nicely.
Then 2 white laser antennae provides a flanking white at the end of the cockpit fuselage. Quite fetching i must say! ^_^

I don't mind the look of the head at all, it's just for practical purposes that I really don't care for unicorn horns on my valks, and wish everything on the back would lay flat like Mirage's valk.  Even the VF-25G never had that issue, with the single laser laying straight back along the fuselage. 

Honestly, between all the folding and bending parts of the VF-31, it's actually kind of awkward to find a good way to pick it up.  Almost wish it didn't have the canards, so I could just wrap my hand around the forward fuselage.

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Honestly, between all the folding and bending parts of the VF-31, it's actually kind of awkward to find a good way to pick it up.  Almost wish it didn't have the canards, so I could just wrap my hand around the forward fuselage.

I will agree with those two statements wholeheartedly...

2 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I don't mind the look of the head at all, it's just for practical purposes that I really don't care for unicorn horns on my valks, and wish everything on the back would lay flat like Mirage's valk.  Even the VF-25G never had that issue, with the single laser laying straight back along the fuselage. 

I find that too. Place it on your lap to transform and you worry about the tip of the head snapping off. I remove it when I need to fiddle. The SV-262 is hard to swoosh though. 

usually import websites from my small experience are really good about closing things down when they sell out, so i want to be able to rule out a fluke like when robin&lucina amiibo was on up on tiger direct for 12 hours and millions of people got an "oops we really dont have that much stock" email.

its what? just under 22000?

I cant currently get on NY

Nowhere to be found on HLJ

sold out on hobby search

sold out on cdjapan

Very interesting

Edited by zaino