7 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

Wow that was fast!!! Came out last Friday and I got it to my door in Toronto, Canada today via EMS.  That's been the fastest and no customs & duties to boot!!!  I feel lucky, maybe its time to buy a lottery ticket.  I find that if I go FedEx, it always get caught in Customs, plus they charge a $9.95 handling fee on top of the customs, duties and HST tax on the value of the parcel, but if I go EMS, sometimes (not always) it sneaks though maybe 50% of the time (I'll take that!) - just my observations for Canada.

Looks like they "cleared" up the forward red sensors - it looks more clear than red paint on the VF-31J.  Its too bad they haven't gotten rid of that horrible speckly painted canopy or that fuselage gap right behind the canopy though.

LOL, I was going to say the same things. Got mine in 48 hours. I agree on the gap and the canopy. I'll also add that I am starting to feel like these designs are getting very busy. The elegance of the VF-11 through the 22 has vanished.

50 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

got a partial shipment:

jTVsoIih.png

2 more to go

Nice haul, look forward to the rest! And to your previous post, you should get at least one VF-31A. Something about that Navy Grey paint job is hard to pass up. 

Just paid for mine- think I got fleeced a little: $219 USD through Amiami. Regardless, it's done, and since overall reception is good, I'm looking forward to getting it in hand. This and my 262 will likely be the only Delta birds I get, unless that Sv-54? (the F-104 look-alike) gets a release, and it's transformable. Or a new VF-22. Or a VF-9 Cutlass.:good:

Edited by M'Kyuun

1 hour ago, wm cheng said:

Wow that was fast!!! Came out last Friday and I got it to my door in Toronto, Canada today via EMS.  That's been the fastest and no customs & duties to boot!!!  I feel lucky, maybe its time to buy a lottery ticket.  I find that if I go FedEx, it always get caught in Customs, plus they charge a $9.95 handling fee on top of the customs, duties and HST tax on the value of the parcel, but if I go EMS, sometimes (not always) it sneaks though maybe 50% of the time (I'll take that!) - just my observations for Canada.

Looks like they "cleared" up the forward red sensors - it looks more clear than red paint on the VF-31J.  Its too bad they haven't gotten rid of that horrible speckly painted canopy or that fuselage gap right behind the canopy though.

Yeah that's been my experience as well. FedEx shipping always get hit with custom. What worse is every FedEx order will require me to pay for customs over the phone when it is in another city instead of asking for it at the door or local po like every frickin other shipping service. One time they had the wrong number so I don't get notified that I had to pay customs. That debacle tacked on and extra 2 weeks for delivery so it wasn't worth paying the premium for "fast" shipping. I will never use them again.

Ems gets past customs usually about 65-80% of the time for me. This goes up and down sometimes. Seems to go in phases. Probably a staffing issue.

Got my AmiAmi order yesterday via DHL. Shipped last Saturday. Just over the weekend. But too bad I'm not going to open this one since it's going to a friend. I'm waiting for my 2 orders via Rakuten. Hopefully before the weekend. ;)

14 hours ago, seti88 said:

training for a six pack eh! :D 

I am adding hayate's supers just to see how messers valk would look like in blue ^_^

dont forget arad's A too!

hehe! I wish I had a six pack for real! and I don't mean a small pack of beer.. 

Yep! what ever 31 variants Bandai spits out im buyin! :good:

9 hours ago, dero said:

Paid - Friday

Sent - Saturday

Received - Monday

Super quick processing to get it out to the customer.  Thanks AmiAmi!

The VF-31F Messer is the only Delta Valkyrie which I'll be getting.  Here's a very quick and dirty photo of my playing with it last night seeing if I can get some sort of dynamic flight pose going.

wow! :o that was lightning fast delivery! though were about's you live? 

Though just recently I had a model car come from Koenigsegg in Sweden and they shipped it out on the Friday and it would have been out for delivery the following Monday if it weren't for the public holiday so yeah that was impressive! Gotta love DHL! I try to use them where possible and the driver who does my area is a mate of mine and he's always happy to deliver my parcels to where ever I happen to be! Works out pretty bloody well! ^_^

9 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

oh you should get at least 3 too =)

what's up airborne =) long time. i'm still looking for some arm pit covers for that 1/48 armor i sold youB))

thanks seti for the welcome back! i think spanner might take that crown:D

speaking of spanner, hey! long time! i posted this in the other thread:

i asked Danguard Ace a few years ago to de-activate my account as just wanted to lurk. He told me to talk to EXO if i ever wanted to re-activate it. a few weeks later, i just told EXO to perma wipe the account so i don't have the temptation. fast forward a few months ago, i needed to sell some stuff but MW wasn't allowing registrations for maintenance.  I just signed up a an account to sell some stuff =)     

spanner, how many are you getting of Messers?

that will be amazing to see!

kinda reminds me: i'm not sure how many messer super parts to order =/

i'm definitely in for mulitples

Hey! I must have missed your post in the other thread.. but its good to see you back! I just thought you weren't posting as much..

Im going to try for at least six 31A, then depending on availability I might even get a few more! I assume they won't be available for quite some time yet so plenty of time to save up for the extras! I also have plans to upgrade and replace a few of my display cabinets and having a whole lot of space for many multiples of the 31A is the plan!

Im only getting the one 31F.. I don't really want or need the super parts but lately I have been thinking about ordering them anyways as they probably won't ever get a re-issue and I'll be screwed if I change my mind and eventually want them.. what to do, what to do..? :unknw:

5 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Now that would be a sight to behold! I'm getting at least two of the 31A's when they come out!! B))

I reckon eh! :D

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Limited to one per customer? :ph34r:

hehehe! you sh!t stirrer! :lol::p

Edited by spanner

3 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Nice haul, look forward to the rest! And to your previous post, you should get at least one VF-31A. Something about that Navy Grey paint job is hard to pass up. 

thanks airborne! will do! you still posting in the music thread?

1 hour ago, spanner said:

Hey! I must have missed your post in the other thread.. but its good to see you back! I just thought you weren't posting as much..

Im going to try for at least six 31A, then depending on availability I might even get a few more! I assume they won't be available for quite some time yet so plenty of time to save up for the extras! I also have plans to upgrade and replace a few of my display cabinets and having a whole lot of space for many multiples of the 31A is the plan!

Im only getting the one 31F.. I don't really want or need the super parts but lately I have been thinking about ordering them anyways as they probably won't ever get a re-issue and I'll be screwed if I change my mind and eventually want them.. what to do, what to do..? :unknw:

only one 31F? that's surprising. i guess you don't like his colors. 

6 VF-31A's? why not 7?B))

4 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Double of everything, nice.. I wish I cash like that at least 1k sitting there and its a partial! /faint  I almost thought about 2x Megatrons but that dont seem hard to get so I figure down the road maybe.. but damn he is perfect!

54 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

only one 31F? that's surprising. i guess you don't like his colors. 

6 VF-31A's? why not 7?B))

yeah Messer's 31F is my least favorite of the 31 lot.. I don't really like the head sculpt. I guess we'll see if my opinion of it changes when I have the thing in hand. :unsure:

7 doesn't work.. I have to buy them in multiples of 3 so it'll be 9! :p:D

19 minutes ago, spanner said:

yeah Messer's 31F is my least favorite of the 31 lot.. I don't really like the head sculpt. I guess we'll see if my opinion of it changes when I have the thing in hand. :unsure:

BLASPHEMY sir! Got mine from the post office a couple of hours ago, barely had time to open it, but ohh baby!!! She's a hefty bird!!! This is my first 31 and therefore...the BEST looking one!!! :lol::wub::p Pics after dinner is done! CD Japan, EMS shipping to TX, about 3-4 days, not counting Sunday.

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm just fooling around on the limited to one per customer because most of members here wants multiple 31A's. And besides, you mentioned earlier that you're hoping that it will be a Tamashii Web Exclusive release so basically not all the shops you mentioned will carry it. Hence, my joke on limited to one since you can order multiples at NY for Tamashii Web Exclusive items. ;)

Ah ha. Thanks for letting me in on the joke!

9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Seeing that shot, I was hoping I could fold the pods like that on the actual DX figure. But no luck.. :sorry:

As for the Black and Blue scheme... looks perfect, right?

31F-blue_13.jpg.95871639c9c65d4baba2efcc555eb00b.jpg

Sorry, can't help posting the same pic over and over. Hahaha! :lol: Looking forward to do the same thing once I get my 31J Super Parts.

Looking forward to your upcoming list of sales, David. ;) 

hehe am replying your hot pic again....it definitely perks you up after many familiar delta valk promo pics... 
Am crossing fingers the quality of the released super's colors are up to par in the meantime till end May. ^_^  

Messer's supers do look good too. Haven't picked it up yet (spacing my cc) but tot of 5 messer's in separate super colors did briefly flash through my mind!
Briefly, before my wallet kicked me in da head :aggressive:

6 hours ago, brouken said:

Been blessed so far in getting PO's for the first three Seigfrieds. Am hoping that I'll be able to secure Chuck's and Arad's as well. The Kairos looks tempting, but is not really on my to-get list. There's only one DX Delta valk that I don't want to miss and it's this:

924066FD-306A-49E2-AB11-BA6495896066-1283-000001DC7205AFDF.jpeg

What a coincidence, i was looking thru the 31S whilst checking on supers! 

The 31S needs the red to really make it pop! I was looking at the pics of the 1/72 31S and the colors used. http://macross-matome.net/goods/7808/

58fffeea418a1_vf-31s_0806_5.thumb.jpg.acc73cb06672bd763b5ced5b4d1f8bf3.jpg58fffef008f0a_vf-31s_0806_8.thumb.jpg.ede6cb489cf1147f975f59a4f4796963.jpg58fffef5a82bf_vf31s_0806_10.thumb.jpg.f01daf7d4e91583d19283144579fa80e.jpg

If the DX does a beautiful RED, then yes i can see this scheme becoming awfully attractive. I love the RED shoulders especially...

26 minutes ago, Saburo said:

Wow EMS must have slapped a Fold Booster on the package because the 31F arrived much earlier than I though.

She sure is pretty bird.

Very nice shot of the valks! Messer is so cool...btw hope you dont mind but thts da phone wallpaper now :good:

Edited by seti88

6 hours ago, seti88 said:

What a coincidence, i was looking thru the 31S whilst checking on supers! 

The 31S needs the red to really make it pop! I was looking at the pics of the 1/72 31S and the colors used. http://macross-matome.net/goods/7808/

If the DX does a beautiful RED, then yes i can see this scheme becoming awfully attractive. I love the RED shoulders especially...

When I first saw the 31s' color scheme, I admit that I was a bit put off by the 'Christmas' colors (why not the yellow black Focker/Ozma colors?). But then, the scheme slowly grew on me. Yes, the red does make it pop, and the teal on white gives it a very air show vibe. Too bad we never got to see more of it and Arad during the later episodes. I do hope the upcoming series will be a continuation of Delta with more valk action, particularly of the S type.

I transformed my 31F to battroid and proceeded to be repulsed at the head.

I then realize I didn't notice how ugly it was because I never saw it in the show outside of like the first episode.

31F will stay in Fighter mode. I hope they release Death Scissors smoke trails for the 31F since that's all ever saw it do in the show :D

10 minutes ago, Graham said:

Damn, Wednesday night and my first VF-31F has still not arrived from Japan :(

Japan and Hong Kong are close in terms of distance, shouldn't take this long........sad panda

Distance is meaningless when your package arrival speed is determined by the whims of your postal services; especially if you opted for el-cheapo shipping that doesn't have a guaranteed shipping speed/time

Case and point... my Side Labor Ingram Unit 2 shipped end of March, arrived in New York on 4/1 and has been sitting there for 25 days. Just knowing your new toy is sitting less than a mile away from where you work and is stuck there because post office people and customs really take their time is frustrating to say the least

wtf.png.a5de456a1ab2658736cbc48138d92990.png

^ I feel your pain i ordered threezero guts and skull knight on the same day. guts was shipped on the 11 of march and showed up on the 19th of april. in the mean time skull knight was sent on march 21st and i got him on march 27th. i had no control over shipping method but skull knight was shipped with a faster service and flew threw customs meanwhile guts had me emailing threezero on a daily basis, they ignored me lol. they ve been through this before so i understand their position.

shipping capture.JPG

18 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

thanks airborne! will do! you still posting in the music thread?

But of course! It's like a mini Depeche Mode concert there right now. Time for you to post there again too! B))

Just got mine today! As my first Dx chogokin I can safely say I am very excited to own one

also it's a bit bigger than the model Siegfrieds, wasn't expecting that but a welcome surprise (I assumed they were both 1/72)

Edited by zaino

21 minutes ago, zaino said:

Just got mine today! As my first Dx chogokin I can safely say I am very excited to own one

also it's a bit bigger than the model Siegfrieds, wasn't expecting that but a welcome surprise (I assumed they were both 1/72)

All the Bandai DX Chogokin VFs have been 1/60 scale, which is likely done because Yamato/Arcadia already showed 1/60 was something of an ideal scale for VF toys previously (and they experimented up and down). That said Bandai is also finding a lot of success in the HMR line being at 1/100 scale, but I'd bet their DX Chogokin line will always be 1/60 since that has been a precedent. Meanwhile their model kits are consistently 1/72 which I assume is some standard as well.

Yep, 1/72 is basically one of the go-to scales for aircraft kits in general.  I want to say the overwhelming majority of aircraft kits from Hasegawa, Tamiya, Fine Molds, Revell/Monogram, etc have been either 1/72 or 1/48 for a very long time, and people love those scales.  In the case of 1/48, it used to be called "quarter inch" scale I believe, since every 1/4" is equal to a foot in real life.  Both 1/72 and 1/32 are fractions or multiples of 1/48, being 2/3 and 3/2 respectively, in terms of overall dimensions.

As far as 1/60 goes though, it's an oddball scale that lies numerically between 1/48 and 1/72, and works out to 4/5 of 1/48.  It's also the scale Bandai tends to produce their Perfect Grade Gundam kits in, and due to their in-universe size, it works out to a very nice large scale mech.  Otherwise, Bandai seems to stick with 1/100, and 1/144 at times.  I believe there were a few pseudo-1/48 Gundams released years back, but they were more large-scale action figures than models.

Truth be told, after I picked up a Masterpiece Starscream, and realized he's also around 1/60, I wish more kit manufacturers would use 1/60.  It's a very nice manageable size for larger aircraft, like F-15s and F-14s, without sacrificing too much detail. 

Edited by Chronocidal

On 25/4/2017 at 0:44 AM, davidwhangchoi said:

anybody order more than 3 messers? i got 4 incoming and might pay for one more. this thing looks hot!  

are you spanner secret second account ??= XD

27 minutes ago, Mr Bomber said:

are you spanner secret second account ??= XD

man I cop some flak for my spending / collecting habbits! LOL! :lol: its all good though as im happy to be the center of amusement at the benefit of others! :p

24 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i used to king of hoarders but that title now belongs to spanner:p

but i'm still a keep em sealed in box collector =)

hehe! funny enough I use to hoard stuff but not really anymore.. These days I'm much more selective with (sometimes multiple) purchases.

And would also keep the duplicates sealed in their boxes but I don't even do that anymore! Currently I have a "if I own it then I display it" Valkyrie policy! :D